Preview Finals still alive - Not Anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't care how deserving we might be. If we're in, we may as well wreak as much havoc as possible, even if it's bruising our opponents so they're rooted for their semi final.

Something tells me that you want us to miss the finals by a tiny margin.

I honestly don't see this situation with us losing on percentage.... i.e. a small margin, because the lenny factor will make sure st kilda wont go down easily

Apparently Crows need to win by ~70 points more than us, so they're still a chance since St Kilda can lose by heaps; while we're no guarantee to beat GC, given our inability to put in a 4 quarter performance. We should win, but it could end up much closer than expected. Not a forgone conclusion.

Apparently Crows need to win by ~70 points more than us, so they're still a chance since St Kilda can lose by heaps; while we're no guarantee to beat GC, given our inability to put in a 4 quarter performance. We should win, but it could end up much closer than expected. Not a forgone conclusion.
They have to win by at least 80 more than us.

Was it something like WCE 120-119 GC + ADEL 111-40 STK?
Yeah roughly that's what it would need to be. A high scoring tight win for us to bring our percentage down. I just chose 30 for St K as it's the very lowest end of what I thought was realistically possible.

GCS 109-110 WCE, and
ADE 101-30 STK

It's more likely to be around the 80 to 90 points mark if we have a say 10 point win

Hoping we can win by about 25, or there abouts, I reckon it would be pretty hard to go out and play a game of footy thinking about exactly how much you need to try and win by, could work against them in the end.

There have been plenty of milestone games that havent affected the scoreline

It could just as easily go the other way. St Kilda use up all their energy in the pregame because theyre so emotional
if they were so emotional you would think that they would go out playing motivated, and with nothing to play for next week they can leave it all on the line.

if they were so emotional you would think that they would go out playing motivated, and with nothing to play for next week they can leave it all on the line.
Or it could also go the other way. I'm just saying that the milestone game doesn't necessarily mean they're going to play above their normal ability

Ideal world we win by 30 so we're pretty comfortable, but there is still something in it for Adelaide so they go hard (but still fall short) and Sloane scores 180 DT points so I win my DT grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or it could also go the other way. I'm just saying that the milestone game doesn't necessarily mean they're going to play above their normal ability
It doesn't, but you'd think that they would be coming into the game with a different mindset bit more determination.

Not comparing it to a finals game obviously, but if you were going into an elimination you would be going in with a complete different mindset then a regular home and away match.

Basically what I'm saying is St Kilda finally have something to fight for for the first time since the Dockers, and they aren't going to be easilly belted.

It doesn't, but you'd think that they would be coming into the game with a different mindset bit more determination.

Not comparing it to a finals game obviously, but if you were going into an elimination you would be going in with a complete different mindset then a regular home and away match.

Basically what I'm saying is St Kilda finally have something to fight for for the first time since the Dockers, and they aren't going to be easilly belted.

Sam Fisher is hanging up the boots so i think it is possible along with Lennys retirement they put in a much better effort and not go out in a smashing.

The biggest concern is Richmond upsetting Sydney than Adelaide winning by 100+ points.

Their tails are up, full of confidence and are in control of their own destiny.

All we can do is pray that they lose..

The biggest concern is Richmond upsetting Sydney than Adelaide winning by 100+ points.

Their tails are up, full of confidence and are in control of their own destiny.

All we can do is pray that they lose..

I don't really think they've been playing that high level of footy lately tbh.

I think they've benefited from a soft patch in their fixture.

I don't really think they've been playing that high level of footy lately tbh.

I think they've benefited from a soft patch in their fixture.
But I think them winning is more likely than the Adelaide percentage scenario.

If Richmond go out and injure a Sydney player in the first quarter, a few of the others might start playing bruise free footy with an eye firmly on the following week.

Richmond on the other hand will be treating it like a GF. Vickery might do an Alistair Lynch

If Richmond go out and injure a Sydney player in the first quarter, a few of the others might start playing bruise free footy with an eye firmly on the following week.

Richmond on the other hand will be treating it like a GF. Vickery might do an Alistair Lynch

Thing is though, say Richmond will go "all out" what good will that be if they can't front up the next week to play a final? Same scenario as us I suppose, and the pies, and to a lesser extent, the Crows. You would hope that the players would just go out and go hard every week. The energy levels might be a little higher for the first 5 or 10 minutes but you'd reckon after that it go back to being a more normal game.

Ugh, Vickery. You just reminded me how much I'd hate to see Richmond make the finals.

Teams changes looking good for us, no mass resting ALA freo last year. Hawks probably the biggest with Hodge out but the Pies have massive outs too so that should help. No resting at the Swans either, let's hope it all falls into place for us............and we don't choke!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back