Players you hated to see retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight we have seen Luke Ball retire, just thinking back on all my years supporting Collingwood, the two players that I hated seeing retire the most were Ben Johnson and Luke Ball.

Probably two blokes you wouldn't expect from a Collingwood supporter, so who are the blokes you hated to see hang up the boots?

andrew-mcleod-10823246a.jpg

Tonight we have seen Luke Ball retire, just thinking back on all my years supporting Collingwood, the two players that I hated seeing retire the most were Ben Johnson and Luke Ball.

Probably two blokes you wouldn't expect from a Collingwood supporter, so who are the blokes you hated to see hang up the boots?

Obvious one from a Swans perspective would be Paul Kelly. The other that may surprise was Leo Barry. Great undersized Fullback considering he started his career as a Half Forward Flanker.

Obvious one from a Swans perspective would be Paul Kelly. The other that may surprise was Leo Barry. Great undersized Fullback considering he started his career as a Half Forward Flanker.
No surprise for me. LEO BARRY YOU STAR. Surely provided us with our greatest moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Lucas. So underrated.
Simon Madden. Out and out champion.
Gary Ablett. Best player of all time.

Guys whose bodies failed them, when they were still in their 20s. Max Rooke was a big one. Matty Egan. Nathan Ablett.

I thought Ablett just had enough?

I thought Ablett just had enough?

True. Rooke and Egan were due to the injuries. Ablett just a story of what could have been, if he wanted it. It was even pretty sad to see a guy like Hogan retire, after a pretty public battle with mental health issues. I'm sure others won't remember this, but Hogan looked a real player for the Cats around 2009/10, especially 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back