No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEE YOU IN HELL
From heaven.

reverend_lovejoy.jpg

Why is it called a chicken parmigiana and not a chicken parmagiana?

As it relates to peptide consumption and all that of corse
Because in Italian, Parmigiano is the adjective to describe people, or things from Parma.

Rines

I asked the same question two or three weeks ago - Has ASADA withdrawn Dank's Show Cause notice ? This is getting murkier my the day

Switkowski Report - Is this a real document ? Was it fully authored by Switkowski ? We never heard from Switkowski at the end of his review ?

So many questions ?
Yaco: ASADA has not 'withdrawn' Dank's show cause notice. According to the official records however, his case has NOT been convened at an ADRVP. This means that he can't, as of yet, have been entered in the Register of Findings. As the violations are alleged to have occurred whilst employed by EFC, he would be reportable under the AFL umbrella. Thus IF he was to be entered into the Register, then it would need to be forwarded to the AFL to issue a notice and punishment. ASADA have NO power to issue punishments to either athletes or support staff.

The Switkowski report, according to my sources, was a real report. It was partially authored by Switkowski however it was DIRECTLY aimed at the administration side of the club. For example how we processed references, employment practises, complaint/dispute resolution, how invoices were authorised and paid, reporting structures and so forth. The report was NEVER intended to discuss or review the actual supplements program. Apparently it became clear to some at the club that the report was being made for 'other' purposes however those fears were dismissed by Evans. Apparently (according to the same source) Evans was told not to release the report in full to the public, however the AFL insisted that we do so. This was (according to my source) the beginning of the end for the relationship between Hird and Evans, and also when the 'leaks' started happening from the so-called 'Hird Camp'. The thought being that the report was purely generated FOR the AFL and BY the AFL. There is a RUMOUR (can not confirm this at ALL) that Switkowski was very unhappy with the final form of the report that was distributed and sought to have his name removed from it.

One can only be left to ponder whether Switkowski was told to 'leave things out that didn't paint the right picture' and told to 'put things in that would help us achieve our aims'.

All I know is that ASADA should not be using that report as ANY part of an anti-doping case as not a SINGLE person responsible for the delivery of supplements was interviewed, nor does Switkowski have ANY understanding of the anti-doping regulations, chemistry or sports science. In fact, Switkowski may well feel that injecting calves blood into your leg, or having your blood 'spun' before being put back in your knee or taking horny goat weed before a game could all be considered "highly experimental pharmacological" practises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm struggling to understand how the AFL so early on decided the EFC was guilty and then proceed to attempt to destroy one of its key stake holders before any investigation even started?

Was it the ACC who briefed them (AFL)? I can't recall.

Why indeed?

Personally, I believe it was simply to narrow the focus. The AFL didn't want questions to be asked of the entire league! How would that look?

Far more convenient to paint a picture of one club, on the edge, operating through a dodgy sports scientist at the behest of a power mad, arrogant coach.

Makes me sick. * those campaigners.

From Chip Le Grand
THE AFL pressured ASADA to name and shame Essendon staff who received injections during the 2012 season in a report subsequently used to dump the Bombers from last year’s finals series, ban James Hird from coaching for a year and sanction other club officials. Documents published yesterday by the Federal Court detail a meeting between AFL integrity manager Brett Clothier and ASADA’s then acting chief executive, Trevor Burgess, in which Clothier pressed the anti-doping body to identity in its report any staff who took part in the supplements regime.

From Chip Le Grand
THE AFL pressured ASADA to name and shame Essendon staff who received injections during the 2012 season in a report subsequently used to dump the Bombers from last year’s finals series, ban James Hird from coaching for a year and sanction other club officials. Documents published yesterday by the Federal Court detail a meeting between AFL integrity manager Brett Clothier and ASADA’s then acting chief executive, Trevor Burgess, in which Clothier pressed the anti-doping body to identity in its report any staff who took part in the supplements regime.
Richard Ings:
The AFL tail wagging the ASADA dog.
Disappointingly weak.

From Chip Le Grand
This is unbelievable.

Surely it's just a matter of time until the court clears us.

Watching the 'Last time they met' on Fox Footy. Essendon 118- Carlton 45 (hahaha). Midway through the last quarter, Bruce asked Nick Riewoldt on the boundary what he made of Essendon as a team 'given the supplement saga of last year'.

Ha.

I'm struggling to understand how the AFL so early on decided the EFC was guilty and then proceed to attempt to destroy one of its key stake holders before any investigation even started?

Was it the ACC who briefed them (AFL)? I can't recall.

Why indeed?

Personally, I believe it was simply to narrow the focus. The AFL didn't want questions to be asked of the entire league! How would that look?

Far more convenient to paint a picture of one club, on the edge, operating through a dodgy sports scientist at the behest of a power mad, arrogant coach.

Makes me sick. **** those campaigners.

I don't have any doubt that the reason the AFL chose to go hard on EFC was an agreement with the politicians. The whole "blackest day" rubbish needed to yield a win in the form of a prosecution of someone, to show what a good job the Minister of Sport was doing. The AFL, fearing what a widespread investigation would reveal, offered up Essendon as the sacrificial lamb, in return for ASADA confining its investigation to EFC.

AFL commissioner Kim Williams backs league's handling of Essendon saga but slams Labor's role
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ga-but-slams-labors-role-20140829-109xr6.html

AFL commissioner Kim Williams has declared the league conducted the investigation into the Essendon supplements scandal "responsibly and professionally", and has taken aim at how the former Labor government handled what was dubbed the blackest day in Australian sport.

As the Bombers and coach James Hird attack the manner in which the probe by the AFL and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority last year was handled, and the 34 Essendon players issued with show-cause notices seek to have them revoked, Williams, who joined the AFL Commission only in January this year, said the AFL and NRL, the latter through its scandal involving the Cronulla Sharks, had been forced to carry the "follow-up burden" once the drug investigations were made public.

"As a new AFL commissioner, I can't comment on the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and the Australian Crime Commission dealings in 2013," Williams said.

"It is difficult, however, for the community to fathom how so much mud was thrown with such gravity, and yet there has been so little evident official follow-through. The dealings give every appearance of being what used to be colourfully described as a muddle. Thus far, it demonstrates that the agencies did little to properly manage their processes and investigations and the sports seem to have shouldered most of the proper enforcement and follow-up burden.

"It has been an ignoble moment for government bodies generally and has done much damage to Australia's international sports reputation - the announcements about issues and investigations into the taking of banned substances in various codes of football in February of 2013 gave every appearance of having been hasty and underprepared."

Williams made his comments in his just-released autobiography, Rules of Engagement. He has become the first AFL commissioner outside of former AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, current chief Gillon McLachlan and commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick to publicly comment on the investigation.

"The issues are immensely serious and the actions which followed from the AFL in particular were handled responsibly and professionally, however the political and administrative grandstanding can be seen for that it was - grubby baseline politics of the lowest order, with little regard for reputational damage nor for effective applied sanctions," he said.

"One trusts there is a lesson here for the long term on administrative and communications action. Mud is sticky stuff."

Prime Minister Tony Abbott last week labelled the so-called blackest day in Australian sport as an "absolutely pathetic" attempt by the previous Labor government to deflect attention from its own woes.

In February last year, Labor ministers Jason Clare and Kate Lundy, flanked by sports chiefs such as Demetriou, held a media conference detailing the findings of a year-long anti-doping investigation by the Australian Crime Commission. This focused on links between drugs, match fixing and organised crime, prompting former ASADA chief Richard Ings to label it the blackest day in Australian sport.

The Federal Court case brought by Hird and the Bombers against ASADA has revealed the extent of pressure former anti-doping chief Aurora Andruska was put under by the Labor government to later speed up the investigative process, with Lundy allegedly requiring a "deal" with the AFL. Hird and the Bombers argue the investigation was unlawful as ASADA should have acted independently.

While Williams and Abbott were critical of the former government, ASADA responded in its own way last week when 10 current NRL players accepted a deal that has resulted in a backdated 12-month suspension for their involvement in the supplements program at the Sharks in 2011. The players were given a compelling 30-page document by ASADA before their final admissions, highlighting the strength of the anti-doping body's case against them.

McLachlan said on Friday the AFL saga "was a challenging period with the scrutiny and the way things play out" but all parties were waiting on Justice John Middleton to make his decision on whether the AFL and ASADA investigation was unlawful. A decision on whether the Bombers and coach James Hird are successful is expected within weeks.

"Essentially, everything is in a holding pattern until then," McLachlan said.

Nhq2R.gif

AFL commissioner Kim Williams backs league's handling of Essendon saga but slams Labor's role
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ga-but-slams-labors-role-20140829-109xr6.html

AFL commissioner Kim Williams has declared the league conducted the investigation into the Essendon supplements scandal "responsibly and professionally", and has taken aim at how the former Labor government handled what was dubbed the blackest day in Australian sport.

Nhq2R.gif

How ******* stupid do these ******* campaigners think we are?

Get the new guy out there to tell the world how well the AFL handled the investigation. Yeah, that'll work.

The problem is, the HTB foamers will point to this as some sort of indication that everything is koscher.

The thing I can't work out is whether they are really that ******* dumb, I suspect some are quite simple, or are they fine with the obfuscation of the truth simply to push their own agenda? I don't know which is worse, actually.

The thing I can't work out is whether they are really that ******* dumb, I suspect some are quite simple, or are they fine with the obfuscation of the truth simply to push their own agenda? I don't know which is worse, actually.
My favourite at the moment is that if EFC were really innocent they would just let the investigation run its course and everything will work out just dandy. Surely nobody with half a brain could expect the players to rely on a process that has been so corrupted from day dot.

How ******* stupid do these ******* campaigners think we are?

Get the new guy out there to tell the world how well the AFL handled the investigation. Yeah, that'll work.

The problem is, the HTB foamers will point to this as some sort of indication that everything is koscher.

'Toe the party line & never ever admit fault.' - Suspect that is the opening line in the AFL's corporate handbook & as Chip says -

Chip Le Grand ‏@Melbchief 2h
@ringsau eagerly waiting for results of AFL internal review into why it did everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back