List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giles not necessarily set on SA, happy to go to Vic. Essendon looking for a ruckman to replace Ryder. Obviously not a straight swap territory, but I'd throw in Frost/O'Rourke/Jaksch and/or a pick.

It's not as fanciful as some would suggest. He's meeting with us so we're at least an option and maybe able to offer more in trade than Brisbane.

I'm sure no one here will agree but if its a foregone conclusion that we will lose Shiel by the end of next year at latest then maybe this might be the best value we can get for him.

Depends whether he plans on picking a club that isn't bottom of the ladder next year.

I felt a bit sorry for Giles reading that article about Paddy Ryder. It's pretty obvious they don't see him as that vaulable a ruckman if they're chasing someone else. Not nice for him to read about in the press.

Hey mate I might be wrong but I think Giles let the club know that he would be keen to make a move for opportunity. From what I gather both he and the club are working together to get him a good outcome.

Is sad though as he has been a really good clubman and I'm sure will do well wherever he goes.

Ryder has officially quit Essendon so the chase is on like donkey kong.

We've got to be a shot if we're fair dinkum

Not sure what the attraction of Ryder is for you guys? Not what Id have thought you need. To be honest Id guess 2 or 3 short term senior guys may have be more value to you. You have that much talent , just need to start winning a bit and player will be falling over themselves to get to the Greater West.

Not sure what the attraction of Ryder is for you guys? Not what Id have thought you need. To be honest Id guess 2 or 3 short term senior guys may have be more value to you. You have that much talent , just need to start winning a bit and player will be falling over themselves to get to the Greater West.
CHB is the attraction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHB is the attraction

No , he is no CHB. His best footy has been in the ruck. Good fit at Swans but for you , you should get a 2-4 senior guys , gets some wins imo. Forget the long term , if you can trade to get guys for 2-3 years , get the w/l heading the right way... the positions will almost take care of themselves.

No , he is no CHB. His best footy has been in the ruck. Good fit at Swans but for you , you should get a 2-4 senior guys , gets some wins imo. Forget the long term , if you can trade to get guys for 2-3 years , get the w/l heading the right way... the positions will almost take care of themselves.
You make a good point re the older guys. CHB is the reason the Giants are keen. He started his career as a defender, might finish his career as a defender.

Looks like we lose Giles. Ryder would be a great replacement if we do not have to trade our soul. Still unlikely to happen I think, but with the right trade I reckon a good move.

Paddy so unlikely, but man what an addition he would make in tandem with Mummy.
I think this trade is likely, everyone is going to try and screw you guys for the players that want to leave and they will try to screw us in trades for Ryder. But not just that, you don't need depth, you have great depth of talent, you need top end established players and we need more talented young kids because of our draft sanctions. There is a deal here that would be a win to both parties.

I think this trade is likely, everyone is going to try and screw you guys for the players that want to leave and they will try to screw us in trades for Ryder. But not just that, you don't need depth, you have great depth of talent, you need top end established players and we need more talented young kids because of our draft sanctions. There is a deal here that would be a win to both parties.

Top end established players require top end salaries, which needs the cap room we need to re-sign the kids.

Now, Essendon might have a lot of cap room soon, but they are also going to need to be very active in free agency, although their available cap does depend on how the AFL rules with cap room taken up by players sitting out drug suspensions.

It kinda helps that our players are pretty much all under contract, and these contracts are binding and cannot be ripped up when their agent merely asks, in writing, for our club to send a complete and accurate copy of their club medical records - including all drugs they were given and when - to an external doctor for review.

Oh, and we also spent big on a ruckman, and have more talls than you can hit with a stick.

What does all this add up to ? Brisbane want Ryder more than we do. Find someone else to shop.

Surprised no one has posted about the Devon Smith rumour.

Devon being involved in a trade for Ryder is a very real chance. His management have spoken with Essendon

Devon being involved in a trade for Ryder is a very real chance. His management have spoken with Essendon
No chance. Tied with Ward for 2nd in the best and fairest and is a unique player on our list. Last thing we'd be doing is trading a best 22 fwd/mid for a tall.

BwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHhahahahahah?

Thanks for that, needed a good laugh.

Are you here all week.

Try the fish.

It's incomprehensible right now that any player from any club would want to go to Essendon, maybe once the house is order and people understand outcomes, but right now, that's just laughable tbh.. Even if it wasn't a player tied tightly to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back