Oct 23, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Port Magpies
pryder.jpg

Herald Sun Sept 20:
ESSENDON ruckman Paddy Ryder has played his last game for the Bombers after formally requesting a trade.

Port Adelaide and Brisbane are the clear frontrunners to secure the ruckman-forward, while Greater Western Sydney is also an option.

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...de-from-essendon/story-fnp04d70-1227064543864

Herald Sun Sept 21:
ESSENDON remains defiant and says it will not trade Patrick Ryder for a lesser pick or player, potentially forcing the star ruckman to the courts to break his contract.

The Bombers hold on to slim hopes the 26-year-old will perform a backflip on his decision last week to find a new home in next month’s trade period.

More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...addy-ryder-trade/story-fni5f6kv-1227065847098

The Age Sept 23:
Ryder will meet Power coach Ken Hinkley and several key players, including former Essendon teammate Angus Monfries. The Power will make its pitch to Ryder, who has indicated he wants to quit the Bombers, but has also indicated he does not want to do the wrong thing by the club in a deal to leave.

More: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...gue-begins-20140923-10l124.html#ixzz3EBnwQKVI

The Advertiser Sept 23
PORT Adelaide last night made its sales pitch to disgruntled Essendon ruckman-forward Paddy Ryder without concern it could be chasing a player facing a two-year ban from the ASADA investigation at Windy Hill.

The Power already is seeking legal advice on Ryder’s status should the ASADA case on the Essendon supplements program follow the 26-year-old to Alberton. But there is increasing belief at Port that the “buyer beware” tag on Ryder should not deter the club from bidding for a player who instantly answers coach Ken Hinkley’s needs to strengthen his squad.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ides-sales-pitch/story-fnia6ojc-1227068764971

Player Bio
ryderpatrick.jpg

Ryder remains a vital part of this Essendon outfit as firstly a ruckman and then an option as he pushes forward with his lightning pace and high-marking ability. Ryder has had a solid start to 2014, including a two-goal performance in round 9 against Sydney. Keep watch for Ryder as a player who can break games open and become a match-winner towards the back half of 2014.
ryderstats.jpg

SEN Sept 24:
Paddy Ryder will reportedly meet with Port Adelaide officials today (24/09/2014) after previously formally requesting a trade from Essendon.

The Age reports Ryder will meet with Power coach Ken Hinkley and key players, including former team-mate Angus Monfries, as they make a pitch for him to join the preliminary finalists.

More: http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Trade-Talk-Ryder-Lumumba-and-1-pick/71576

The Advertiser Sept 25:
BROWNLOW Medallist Gavin Wanganeen opened the dialogue between Port Adelaide and frustrated Essendon ruckman-forward Paddy Ryder who next week will declare his new AFL club of choice.

More: http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/a...-states-its-case/story-fnahrqwo-1227070775072

The Advertiser Sept 26:
ESSENDON ruckman Paddy Ryder says he enjoyed his time touring Port Adelaide this week and added the prospect of team success at Alberton makes it an enticing destination.

Ryder flew out of Adelaide Friday afternoon and gave the strongest indication yet that Port Adelaide is his club of choice as he seeks a trade from Windy Hill.

More: http://www..adelaidenow.com.au/spor...de-from-essendon/story-fnia6ojc-1227071758008

The Age Sept 26:
Essendon ruckman Paddy Ryder has chosen Port Adelaide as his new home after a meticulously planned and detailed three-day presentation from the club, involving chairman David Koch and led by coach Ken Hinkley, who looks to have successfully demonstrated to Ryder his pivotal role in the Power's vision for 2015 and beyond.

More: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...de-as-preferred-new-home-20140926-10mrvc.html

Last edited:
Whoose he.
Nah kidding, love youse all.

Also puts into perspective on the clubs position on Renouf, Butcher and Redden. Surely all three or only two are gonners?
Who what?
Come again?
¿Què?

Hope we do get him, great player. He's favouring Brisbane though for some reason (is he from QLD originally?)

Also puts into perspective on the clubs position on Renouf, Butcher and Redden. Surely all three or only two are gonners?
Think it's more the fact that Ken likes guys who can play multiple roles, you don't want to many players that can only do one thing.

One is a guarantee , Redden will stay I think JB will come down to what interest is showmen in him in the off season.

Think it's more the fact that Ken likes guys who can play multiple roles, you don't want to many players that can only do one thing.

One is a guarantee , Redden will stay I think JB will come down to what interest is showmen in him in the off season.
totally agree, redden will stay, butch hasn't he been contacted by the western bulldogs, renouf i think put out to pasture would be too nice for him

Hope we do get him, great player. He's favouring Brisbane though for some reason (is he from QLD originally?)

Im pretty sure his wife has family in QLD but I also think he has family and friends in SA, Ultimately if he wants a premiership then Port is the club thatll get him one in the next few years

The Ryder rumour has grown some legs and is running around like Black Caviar's foal so it's worth its own thread.

The latest from Jake Niall is that Ryder's gone, has Port and Lions as the front-runners and Port prepared to give up its first round pick to do the right thing and not skin Essendon. If Essendon push harder Ryder will pull the trigger on the get-out clause.

Ryder to confirm departure

Caro on 3AW Friday night openly nominated Port Adelaide as Ryder's likely destination.

I take the 'front runners' tag with a grain of salt. So many players have ended up going to a totally unmentioned club, but fingers crossed that they are right this time. We could really use a player like Ryder, he would be huge for us. Throw as much as we can at him.

I wish we get Ryder. Probably will not happen. Can dream. Cows have an earlier pick... You watch them enter the bidding if we half a hope.

Getting Ryder would be up their with the Hardwick and wakelin acquisitions especially in regards to needs back then and now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the recruiting staff will be offering the best deal for Ryder out of all the other clubs, not sure if they would offer first round pick but if its around pick 20 then i wouldnt be dissappointed,

Well I don't think Brisbane will offer up pick 4! I can see us trading Butch to the Bulldogs for most likely a high rnd 2 pick and that pick coupled with our 1st will get the job done, prob paying overs but whatever it takes!

I'm all for being fair with the Bombers but our 1st round pick is a fair price. Bombers will accept that at the end of the day it's a serious offer and there's going to be a quality player that slides to that pick. No need to offer more unless the Bombers see a fringe player on our list they could offer an opportunity to that we maybe looking for another home for? Mitchell? Newton?

Ryder's not a star of the competition but he is the player we need, very important to our structure, will be the difference in big games

I disagree, Ryder is an absolute star of the competition. Goal kicking ruckman who under our fitness regime would become a game changer.

Ryder's not a star of the competition but he is the player we need, very important to our structure, will be the difference in big games

if I look at our structure and weakness a chf and second ruck is exactly what we need

I wish we get Ryder. Probably will not happen. Can dream. Cows have an earlier pick... You watch them enter the bidding if we half a hope.
No one is going to be picking the Crows over us when they're such a rabble at the moment, we've already outbid them a few times in recent seasons I can see them try to cut our lunch then embarrassingly told no thanks, they should be looking at Giles at a serious option.

Make no mistake how important it is for us to have Gus & Wangas to help with him settling in here & adjusting to a new environment, should both guys face a minimal ban Gus & Ryder will need to do a preseason together away from the club.

The ability to recruit players such as Ryder when opportunities arise is what makes the difference between clubs competing for the premiership year after year or having a few good seasons, thanks to a few lucky draft picks, before fading away.

Hawthorn have been able to do just that with Burgoyne, Lake, Gunston and many more and we are now in a position where we have to do the same.

Ryder is available and we need to make it happen.

Get him here by whatever means. A goal kicking ruckman would slot in perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back