News DONE DEAL: Patrick Ryder traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think it's funny everyone seems to have a view on what ASADA will do now.

Also, listening to SEN trying to come to grips with Middleton J's decision was hilarious.

We don't need to include Cam in a trade.

Our first pick is more than enough. Essendon are the scum of the AFL and deserve no more. They should be grateful if they get Pick 16 and are still allowed in the AFL. Their supporters are cult-like and delusional. Hird won't coach them next year, not a chance.

I know the PAFC will do the right thing and do a trade but I’m just a mug on the internet, and I say we don’t owe the EFC anything.

Firstly, the EFC put banned drugs into Gus and then gave Gus to us for pick 51. It’s now looking highly likely that we’ll loose him for a period. Well **** that. I want that pick back!

Secondly, IF the system is set up to allow Ryder walk as a free agent, it’ll be because EFC didn’t uphold their duty of care to him because they compromised his health. It’s not our fault if we benefit from their severe lack of competence. Actually, since I’m feeling nice, they can keep pick 51. :)

we will have to beat Brisbanes offer. I dont think he will just walk. that will be either our first rounder, or our second plus a player. that player I'm thinking would be of the clurey elk

Ryder will go to Brisbane if his missus makes him or he'll come to Port if he wants to win flags. From there a deal will be struck.
Yeah, I agree. Don't think this will be a bidding war between our two clubs in terms of a trade price.

Your premiership window, stable club and exciting brand will be up against our location (assuming being in Qld is important to the Ryders) and probably our ability to offer a bigger wage.

Importantly, you guys are in a prelim final without needing Ryder and ruck is probably an area for strength for our club. So, neither club is likely to be banging Essendon's door down with crazy offers. I suspect it is the possibility of getting a quality player at below market trade value which is what is really appealing to our respective list managers.

Yeah, I agree. Don't think this will be a bidding war between our two clubs in terms of a trade price.

Your premiership window, stable club and exciting brand will be up against our location (assuming being in Qld is important to the Ryders) and probably our ability to offer a bigger wage.

Importantly, you guys are in a prelim final without needing Ryder and ruck is probably an area for strength for our club. So, neither club is likely to be banging Essendon's door down with crazy offers. I suspect it is the possibility of getting a quality player at below market trade value which is what is really appealing to our respective list managers.
Make no mistake, Ryder is the missing link for us. Perfect age, perfect position (R/F) - he would completely finish us off and we should throw out all the stops to snare him.

As an aside you guys are in a similar position to us in 2011 - 2012. Lots of young, potentially underdeveloped yet promising blokes with a headstrong leader. Some shrewd value trades and natural development of the squad (underpinned by strong leadership at all levels and club culture) and it wouldn't surprise me to see you up and about in 2-3 years, with continuing teething pains in between. That'll make it much easier to attract the cream of the players seeking new clubs (like Ryder), similar to how Hawthorn and Sydney have had the pick of the lot in the past few years with the promise of success (and $$). Until then I'm not surprised that Ryder seems to be favouring our club, although that being said Sydney are odds on to come by at the death with a successful $3mill / 4 year contract ;)

we will have to beat Brisbanes offer. I dont think he will just walk. that will be either our first rounder, or our second plus a player. that player I'm thinking would be of the clurey elk
Nah forget that.
We will have to beat Brisbane and GWS in selling the club and the city to the whole family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy would do.... Just 6 foot 6 in the last quarter when we go long.

We don't do much wrong but we are not close without another quality tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back