No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually feel sorry for Alex and his old man. Imagine your dad just saying a few off hand remarks and it gets reported like that!
These days I'd imagine the club take these articles with a grain of salt.

I haven't posted in this thread for a while just kept an eye on it. I must say my thoughts on Hird to remain coach now is at 50/50 where previously I was more on the positive side. If the club sacked him it wouldn't solve anything and it would only appease the masses for a week, then the pitch forks would be after the next one in line.
So until the players don't want him around or if they get suspended Hird stays as coach imo.

Last edited:
Different deals were offered to players in the NRL or those were outside the NRL and those who were retired. Retired players were given a choice of being interviewed - Then ASADA said the so players didn't co-operate.
I've been reading a bit of SMH journo Brad Walter, there was at least one retired player who received no correspondance whatsoever from ASADA as they didn't have or search for contact details, even though he works in an NRL teams office or somesuch.

I believe Paul Aiton was in a similar boat, being overseas based they didn't bother to invite him for interviews or offer him the deal.

Last edited:
I haven't posted in this thread for a while just kept an eye on it. I must say my thoughts on Hird to remain coach now is at 50/50 where previously I was more on the positive side. If the club sacked him it wouldn't solve anything and it would only appease the masses for a week, then the pitch forks would be after the next one in line.
So until the players don't want him around or if they get suspended Hird stays as coach imo.

Bye Hird hello Bomber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back