2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

He does seem like a top bloke though. Good on him.

Agree - the best Brownlow interview and speech for a few years. Seems like a humble and genuine good bloke. Congrats Matt.

At least it wasn't Ablett again. Grand finals last 5 years have been as predictable as hell, at least we've got a brownlow medalist from left field. Macrae next year anyone?
Hell if Priddis can win a Brownlow I'm having a fluff on Picken next year.

In saying that loved his interview seems a nice humble bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad Priddis won it.

We're due for at least 3 more hours of Franklin and Roughead foaming from Bruce, Dennis and co., so we can be thankful for a hard working, honest bloke winning the Brownlow and sparing us 20 minutes of Selwood/Dangerfield/Fyfe gushing.

Well done to Jack Macrae on topping the tables at the Dogs. He had an outstanding year for his age, and he's going to get better and better. Star.

For what it's worth, Tom Scully was paid $1m for each of his votes tonight.

Another midfielder wins but at least it wasn't from a top 8 club (or Gazza). I guess that's a little bit different.

For those contemplating a bet on the 2015 Brownlow bookmark the lesson from tonight: high possession winners impress the umpires and often outpoll the supposedly better players.

The highest possession getter was also the highest (or equal highest) vote getter at 11 of the 18 clubs. Most of these were predictable but a couple were mild surprises (Macrae, Boak). The seven top vote winners who were not highest possession getters at their club were:
Fyfe (Mundy was club's highest possession winner - 2nd in club's brownlow votes)
Ablett (Prestia 2nd)
Ward (Treloar 3rd)
Harvey (dalSanto 4th)
Cotchin (Ellis 3rd)
N Riewoldt (Montagna 2nd)
Franklin (Kennedy 2nd)​

Apart from Riewoldt and Franklin everyone was of course a midfielder.

The Brownlow winner Matt Priddis was not deemed good enough to be in the AA side (wonder when that last happened?) but he WAS the competition's leading possession getter after 23 rounds.

Another midfielder wins but at least it wasn't from a top 8 club (or Gazza). I guess that's a little bit different.

For those contemplating a bet on the 2015 Brownlow bookmark the lesson from tonight: high possession winners impress the umpires and often outpoll the supposedly better players.

The highest possession getter was also the highest (or equal highest) vote getter at 11 of the 18 clubs. Most of these were predictable but a couple were mild surprises (Macrae, Boak). The seven top vote winners who were not highest possession getters at their club were:
Fyfe (Mundy was club's highest possession winner - 2nd in club's brownlow votes)
Ablett (Prestia 2nd)
Ward (Treloar 3rd)
Harvey (dalSanto 4th)
Cotchin (Ellis 3rd)
N Riewoldt (Montagna 2nd)
Franklin (Kennedy 2nd)​

Apart from Riewoldt and Franklin everyone was of course a midfielder.

The Brownlow winner Matt Priddis was not deemed good enough to be in the AA side (wonder when that last happened?) but he WAS the competition's leading possession getter after 23 rounds.
Good point although Heppell probably should have finished top 3 if you were going off pure ball getters and not A grade talent.

I think Danger is a HUGE chance for next year. Standout player in a midfield with very little depth (similar to Priddis). If he plays 20% better (which I dare say he will at least do if he's not hurt) he can comfortably pole 30+ votes.

Mrs fronk didn't react as I'd hoped....."I thought you closed your sportsbet account!". :(
Fool of a fronk, you line their pockets first! Chocolates are best on my side, tell her as she s chewing on one and her eyes are rolling into the back of her head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back