No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I can almost say 2013 sucks 2014's nuts as far as worst year to be a supporter goes, this year has just taken it all out of me, need another rant or I'll explode (not a good time to be sitting VCE exams in a few weeks at all :cry:).

So f*cking sick of all this constant speculation and backstabbing-but-maybe-not-backstabbing and delays in clearing names and drama and exoduses and thirst for blood.

Why don't we just wait and see what is gonna go down rather than turning on each other and throwing ourselves off cliffs at the thought of Hird staying or going? Hird was gonna be sacked in February (or whenever) for failing to keep a 'leash on his woman' and we were all throwing doomsday scenarios an crying/celebrating around then, and nothing eventuated. Granted, this is clearly a much more dire situation than that one, but I think we owe it to our own collective sanity to not get too worked up about things just yet.

I'll be devastated if either Bomber or Hirdy go because of reasons other than players getting suspensions - be it not getting the role they want at the club, or being offered up as a sacrificial lamb to the masses and to make sure the other doesn't leave. Neither of those things have been proven as what is going to happen/has happened YET, and though they look likely, I just think we need a bit of perspective.

I know I'm just a silly kid with like 15 posts and no authority to give out congratulations whatsoever or like tell people what to do but we've stuck fat for like 20 freaking months and have acted with relative peace to each other. That's ******* awesome after what we've gone through as a supporter base. Why splinter it now? We don't know what's gonna happen yet - I just think it's better to wait and see and get angry afterwards than spend our energy now crying over milk that hasn't yet been spilled.

(To add my own opinion to this pile of opinions, but I bloody hope if Hird's sacking is a foregone conclusion that the board hasn't just made a spur of the moment decision to sack him as a means to prevent Bomber going. I hope there's other 'justifications' involved, or I'll be f*cking displeased, to say the least.)

have we talked about how dumb it'd be for james to die on this hill? cause it would be. like, the players don't want him to do it, the board doesn't want him to do it...and what is he actually doing? Oh, he's an appealing whether the ASADA investigation is legal. An issue that really only popped up like 4 months ago and only as a way to not answer show cause notices. Oh and which has already been demolished in court. What a hill.

If Hird is gone the players won't miss a game. Don't know why but I'll put money on the AFL making sure Essendon start next year tiddley boo. And we move on. Sorry to intrude in such times but I don't see doom and gloom for Essendon just bad luck Hird got caught up in a world that basically blew up.

Please heed the thread prefix and my previous warnings.

Thompson just confirmed.. he wants Senior Job or he will leave.

Straight from the horses mouth..

And this guy is who we want leading us forward? Disgusting.

He can ******* go.

When I read "heed" my mind interprets it as steed & I imagine grizzlym riding in on his steed in a wild west setting.

My mind wanders.

Clint-Eastwood-rides-a-rare-miniature-pony-on-the-set-of-Joe-Kidd-1972..jpg

Sorry I wasn't suggesting Bomber 'planned' the supplement saga to get Hird's job.. that was NOT what I was trying to say..
How else could this possibly be interpreted?:
So far he hasn't be true to his word on one thing.. just sat quietly by and watched his plan work. He brings Robinson to the club (personally because of his work at Geelong) and then recommends Dank (again telling Hird that he was successful in what he advised at Geelong).. and then sits back and claims it was all Hirdy..

Then he promises Hird that he will take the team for a year and then step down.. but oh now we get there and suddenly he doesn't want to step down.. in fact he is quite happy to be the media darling while Hird gets to be the fall guy for one of the biggest conspiracies and clusterfarks in recent memory.

Chance of him honouring his word? Zero.

Starting to understand why Geelong were so dirty on him.. his 'word' isn't worth the air it is spoken with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think AFL 'engineered' a situation where Hird's head back in March last year was going to be 'enough' to save the players..

A year and a half later.. seems the AFL could be behind yet another offer. Hird gone and we wrap this up quickly.

Either way time for it to end.

Wouldn't surprise me and it would explain why the media pretty much have all been anti-Hird.

The AFL have done a good job of building a close relationship with pretty much every media type connected to the sport.

Our politicians must be green with envy.

Again, for about the zillionth time, Thompson did not bring in Dank. Hell, there's nothing to suggest Thompson even knew who Dank was until the job interview.

That is just pure bullshit.

I think AFL 'engineered' a situation where Hird's head back in March last year was going to be 'enough' to save the players..

A year and a half later.. seems the AFL could be behind yet another offer. Hird gone and we wrap this up quickly.

Either way time for it to end.

seems like you're making up s**t again bud

Bomber needs to distance himself from the "knife in the back" narrative. What better way than have your mate robbo tweet unrealistic scenarios with very little conviction to muddy the waters?
Yeah.. but apparently it is only Hird that leaks to Robbo.. but funnily enough.. Robbo works with Bomber on 360...

Teflon. The guy is Teflon.

I feel like I just sat through 3 hours of the club preparing us supporters for the biggest knifing in history.. and I can't believe they hi-jacked the B+F to do it.. seriously. Yet another PR disaster for the club.

You couldn't sort this s**t out tomorrow????

That is just pure bullshit.

WTF, how is it bullshit?

The only thing that gets brought up is that Dank and Robinson were in contact when Dank worked in Sydney for Manly and Robinson with Geelong, yet this means Thompson knew all about Dank at Geelong and actively sought him out for Essendon.

What unadulterated crap.

seems like you're making up s**t again bud
You think the AFL doesn't have its grubby hands all over this?

Club doesn't appeal.. AFLPA announces that AFL and ASADA should 'proceed with haste'.. AFL give hints they are keen to 'resolve the matter'...

It doesn't take a genius to add those things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back