No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think the AFL doesn't have its grubby hands all over this?

Club doesn't appeal.. AFLPA announces that AFL and ASADA should 'proceed with haste'.. AFL give hints they are keen to 'resolve the matter'...

It doesn't take a genius to add those things up.

No not really. No doubt they, and every other thing, has given Essendon their opinions and so forth but to me it's pretty simple: After the appeal was basically laughed out of the court, there was no way the club could appeal again. Plenty of people supported that view. I don't think think the AFL has had any real sway on Essendon not appealing again. It was the common sense thing to do. And once Hird told Little he's going appeal, it was common sense for at least some sort of suspension to occur, if not sacking. The end.

Club doesn't appeal.. AFLPA announces that AFL and ASADA should 'proceed with haste'.. AFL give hints they are keen to 'resolve the matter'...

The AFL media department and sections of the footy media are pretty clinky! one only has to look at the Footy Show for the likes of Billy and Lyon wont dare say anything against the AFL, particularly when people from the AFL are often in the audience.

You're missing a key element.....The players! They want this wound up as well and the appeal may not allow that.

WTF, how is it bullshit?

The only thing that gets brought up is that Dank and Robinson were in contact when Dank worked in Sydney for Manly and Robinson with Geelong, yet this means Thompson knew all about Dank at Geelong and actively sought him out for Essendon.

What unadulterated crap.
Ogg.

There are times I do agree with you.

But I do think you're just as selective with your opinion as anyone else. I think we all do it, Ben included.

You're happy to read between the lines when it suits.

Things like I know you've said you think Bomber will want to coach beyond this season without a direct line to prove it and you were shown to be right.

But at time same time, you're happy to bring things up like concerns over the plays and I do agree with that opinion if the players wanted Hird gone. IMO he had to go, but he seemed to have strong support. Re their health in jeopardy, again while I agree with the thought, most of the core players have re signed.

With this one with all the signs that Dank had a role at Geelong, albeit unofficial you don't/won't read between the lines there.

I don't mean that as a criticism of your posting, I'm glad there are people on this board that stand against the tide. I do think we wil all be better for it, and I do want you to keep posting in the same style, I enjoy it, but I to think you're just as selective in when you read into things to suit. I think.

Ben the Gooner though I think is the same as a polar opposite at times mind you. There are times I disagree with both of you I only pick you 2 because you both seem strongest in your stand.

Ogg.

There are times I do agree with you.

But I do think you're just as selective with your opinion as anyone else. I think we all do it, Ben included.

You're happy to read between the lines when it suits.

THings line I know you've said you think Bomber will want to coach beyond this season without a direct line to proove it and you were shown to be right.

But at time same time, you're happy to bring things up like concerns over the plays and I do agree with that opinion if the players wanted Hird gone. IMO he had to go, but he seemed to have strong support. Re their health in jeopardy, again while I agree with the thought, most of the core players have re signed.

With this one with all the signs that Dank had a role at Geelong, albeit unofficial you don't/won't read between the lines there.

I don't mean that as a criticism of your posting, I'm glad there are people on this board that stand against the tide. I do think we wil all be better for it, and I do want you to keep posting in the same style, I enjoy it, but I to think you're just as selective in when you read into things to suit. I think.

Ben the Gooner though I think is the same as a polar opposite at times mind you. There are times I disagree with both of you I only pick you 2 because you both seem strongest in your stand.

The problem is though that there's nothing to suggest Dank had any role beyond exchanging ideas and philosophy with Robinson.

But apparently from this, Thompson actively sought out and recommended Dank.

You say I won't read between the lines, but people are creating lines that either don't exist or haven't been shown to exist.

You're missing a key element.....The players! They want this wound up as well and the appeal may not allow that.

So they had advice a little while ago saying going to court is the quickest way to resolve this and now thats changed?

I don't see how unless you are accepting sanctions. You think 34 individual cases are going to be quicker than an appeal?

The AFL media department and sections of the footy media are pretty clinky! one only has to look at the Footy Show for the likes of Billy and Lyon wont dare say anything against the AFL, particularly when people from the AFL are often in the audience.

Why would Lyon say anything against the AFL, they employ him via their media arm

So they had advice a little while ago saying going to court is the quickest way to resolve this and now thats changed?

I don't see how unless you are accepting sanctions. You think 34 individual cases are going to be quicker than an appeal?

What? When did they get this so called advice?

if the players were so invested in this court action, they would've been a party to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he?

That just comes off as Dank suggesting ideas to Robinson and vice versa, not that Dank was a key ******* member in designing strategy.

I mean, you really think Thompson knew all about this great Stephen Dank who lived and worked in Sydney and had no role what so ever with Geelong?

Robinson and Dank are friends who exchange ideas, how that translates to Thompson knows all about him and sought him out to bring him to Essendon is ridiculous, especially since Thompson was against having this program in the first place.
If the last 2 years have taught us anything, it is that he most certainly should have.

The AFLPA has suggested they want the process to continue whether Hird appeals or not.. so surely that will occur?

If the process continues.. and Hird is appealing concurrently.. then surely there is no harm in that?

If Hird has been asked by the players not appeal, and he still wishes too.. then that is a matter for the club to address. Right now there is a lack of leadership and it is killing this club in a fashion akin to death by a thousand cuts.

The AFLPA has suggested they want the process to continue whether Hird appeals or not.. so surely that will occur?

If the process continues.. and Hird is appealing concurrently.. then surely there is no harm in that?

If Hird has been asked by the players not appeal, and he still wishes too.. then that is a matter for the club to address. Right now there is a lack of leadership and it is killing this club in a fashion akin to death by a thousand cuts.

What the AFLPA would like and what ASADA do are two separate things.

ASADA are on record as saying that they won't reissue the SCNs until after the court proceedings are completely done with, which Hird appealing obviously continues.

The problem is though that there's nothing to suggest Dank had any role beyond exchanging ideas and philosophy with Robinson.

But apparently from this, Thompson actively sought out and recommended Dank.

You say I won't read between the lines, but people are creating lines that either don't exist or haven't been shown to exist.
I understand and accept that in many regards agree.

And I'm not going to comment on if Bomber knew of Dank at Geelong because I would be guessing.

But, I think you may be able to read between the lines re Robinson recommending Dank and his trust in Robinson from his Geelong days.

I'm glad you post your thoughts, there are times it makes me think of things a little differently. I'm glad there are people with the courage to put opposition thought forward here, there are times I strongly disagree with you but I never for a moment question your passion for Essendon that much is obvious in your posting.

I could becomes a litte more detailed if you like, I've had disagreements with Ben too with him going tot to toe with me.

The matter is about to be addressed by the club....The coach will be sacked. I respect your posts and Im as dissapointed as any bomber but if Hird has declined the players request then unfortunately they have no choice.

Why would Lyon say anything against the AFL, they employ him via their media arm

This is what I am saying when I point out how clinky the relationship is between the media and the AFL.

I say well done to whoever created the strategy, however its frustrating watching how some of these media dears have been unable or unwilling to report the facts rather than try to appease one party.

seems like you're making up s**t again bud
I kinda agree with rines in some element.

I've chatted with Lance Uppercut with our opinions before. I tend to think the whole off season bans have been unofficial diialog beween the AFL and ASADA. ASADA saying they had no idea. The AFL saying ASADA was not involved in the middle of a trial>

I guess I am of the opinion here the offers were coming from ASADA, but never officially. If the players took the off season provisional bans, IMO ASADA would have left it along, and taken the provisional bans an a moral victory

I kinda agree with rines in some element.

I've chatted with Lance Uppercut with our opinions before. I tend to think the whole off season bans have been unofficial diialog beween the AFL and ASADA. ASADA saying they had no idea. The AFL saying ASADA was not involved in the middle of a trial>

I guess I am of the opinion here the offers were coming from ASADA, but never officially. If the players took the off season provisional bans, IMO ASADA would have left it along, and taken the provisional bans an a moral victory

The difference is Rines is then connecting that to Hird being sacked.

No doubt that the AFL and ASADA keep in touch (or at least the AFL try to), but to say that this is a deal to get rid of Hird to spare the players is fanciful, especially since it's Hird's decision to appeal against the club's and players' wishes to do so that has landed him in this position.

You're calling it bullshit yet you have provided nothing at all to point out why. Put up or shut up and don't start with this campaignerish s**t again.

Hold on, your argument is that Bomber and Dank were unrelated at Geelong?

Just scratch 2007 and 2009 then.

OK, I have two possible scenarios:
1) EFC sack Hird, install Bomber as coach. ASADA continue with process, find players guilty, issue 6 month bans. Bomber walks as 'promised'.

2) EFC sack Hird, install Bomber as coach. Hird wins appeal and process if found unlawful. SCN and player interviews are set aside. Hird, rightly, demands his job back.

In situation 1.. this action just means that we have made 2 unnecessary coaching changes without solving the problem. In situation 2.. then we look like he biggest pack of assholes in the world and the membership will never forgive the club.

I'm not saying either will occur.. but to me there are so many 'nightmare' scenarios in this it becomes very risky business.

However.. if you sack both men and appoint a new coach (Harvey):
1) Players found guilty, but club already has made coaching change and has 20 'unaffected' players at the club. Situation is farked but at least the club can point to the fact they have a whole new footy department etc etc. Caro can't call for Harvey's head.. he wasn't there in 2012.

2) Club announces they don't want any coaches from the 2012 period, Hird has to accept that. Club can challenge unfair dismissal claims on the back of 'we needed to clean house' etc etc. Hird isn't the SINGLE scapegoat.. he is just part of a clean out.

Oh, and I think people need to remember that Thompson was found 'guilty' of EXACTLY the same charge as Hird.. bringing the game into disrepute.. so he was not found 'innocent' in all this. At All.

I seriously can't believe the club would replace one 'untenable because of the ASADA saga' coach with another 'tainted by the ASADA saga' coach..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back