Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Walsh delisted by Swans. Always going to happen after his hamstring injury.

I was really hoping he'd make it cause a guy of his physical stature and athleticism is always going to be great to watch. He was coming through the GAA ranks when I was living over there and even though I didn't full understand the game you could pick his sporting talent from a mile away. A lot of pundits were saying he could be one of the greatest gaelic footballers ever. As long as hamstring is fine he'll be a huge in for Kerry in 2015.

It's a shame these things don't work out sometimes but that is sport.

Jordon Lockyer delisted by the Swans. Rookie pickup?

Big bodied mid at 190cm who was playing wing in the Swans seconds, Noted he was in the best players regularly and the Swans midfield outfit is a pretty hard group to break into over the past 3 years.

Given swans track record for developing talent, in gonna trust their judgement on this one; pass.

Maybe but Swans delisted Spangher (as did us). Spangher was pretty useful this year for Hawthorn...
He knew his role and did it well. Mop up in backline and handball (or short kick) to Mitchell/Burgyone/Hodge & co...

Maybe but Swans delisted Spangher (as did us). Spangher was pretty useful this year for Hawthorn...
He knew his role and did it well. Mop up in backline and handball (or short kick) to Mitchell/Burgyone/Hodge & co...

The Swans delisting Spangher was the right call. He found a role at Hawks which wasn't really available at the Swans.

Lockyer couldn't sniff even one game while on the list for 3 years. Doing ok in the NEAFL is not a predictor of AFL success. Tommy Walsh, Jesse White, Brett Meredith and others have put up massive numbers (far better than Lockyer) in the NEAFL only to be found completely wanting at AFL level.

True. I'm just saying that because someone gets delisted by a team, doesn't mean they're bad, it could just be they don't fit in that system.

Yeah that's fair enough.

collingwood looks like they have a chance with dangerfield...I will be pissed if they get him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think that Collingwood are the most likely destination if a Danger trade happens, they will have whatever the get for Beams (which will get them the majority of the way there), plus whatever extra it takes to get Danger.

If Beams stays they've got little to no chance obviously.

The Swans delisting Spangher was the right call. He found a role at Hawks which wasn't really available at the Swans.

Not sold on that - they tried getting Laidler to fill the role.

In the end they only had 2 talls in Grundy/Richards and relied on the likes of Rohan/Rampe to play taller if required.

Of the four I prefer Wilson. Has a bit of size, can take a mark as well as kick. Don't see much in Carter. Slow, small, limited run, nervous, hangs off the pack waiting to be fed, haven't seen him play a good game from u18 upwards.
I like Wilson, I just think that he doesn't fit into the team. Having delisted 2 small defenders in Smith/Brennan, with Waters' return unclear and Butler getting on (although showed promise this year that he can continue), Carter may prove useful depth. He is still only 20.

I don't think Wilson's game against GC did him any favours.

Just listening to trade radio and Kane Lucas is yet to be given a new contract by Carlton.
Not the superstar he was potentially drafted as but without a contract and at a low currency is it worth trying to get him back to WA with a later pick?

Good size. Reminds me a little like a Matty rosa. Sort of guy that might thrive back in his home state. Even if it's just as a backup

Thoughts?

Just listening to trade radio and Kane Lucas is yet to be given a new contract by Carlton.
Not the superstar he was potentially drafted as but without a contract and at a low currency is it worth trying to get him back to WA with a later pick?

Good size. Reminds me a little like a Matty rosa. Sort of guy that might thrive back in his home state. Even if it's just as a backup

Thoughts?
We have plenty of players with his ability level. We need to focus on either getting a player who will improve the starting 22 (he does not), or getting younger players who may develop into something (he isnt going to get miraculously better)

Thoughts?
Would rather take a gamble on a new kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back