The Bombers ASADA/WADA Saga

Remove this Banner Ad

After hearing Bomber's speech, I think he'll be staying on and Hirdy is gone.

Yep, Gold Coast yesterday have really forced Essendon to finalise this, which I think is good for them, they need to clear the air because at the moment I wouldn't know many people who would want to go there.

Peptide shots ring out in a Melbourne night
Enter Ms Andruska from the upper hall
She sees Jobe Watson in a pool of blood
Cries out "my god, they've enhanced them all"

Here comes the story of the Hirdycane
The man the authorities came to blame
For something that he never done
Sent o'er to France when one time he coulda been
A panellist On the Couch.

Wonderful, wonderful post.

James Hird has been removed as coach of Essendon. The first stage of his removal took place on Wednesday when the outgoing club legend was given the opportunity
to resign with a nominal payout or be sacked.
Bombers chairman Paul Little is believed to have met Hird in one of his South Yarra offices shortly before Wednesday night's Crichton Medal count and given him a document outlining the first stage of his departure.
Mark Thompson, who filled in as senior coach after Hird's 12-month suspension, looks certain to be appointed to the top job within days.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ndon-coach-20141002-10p3bn.html#ixzz3EwtDdxVn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez, Little ran a wrecking ball through this club.

If they stuck with the David Evans strategy, they would probably have still lost Hird but saved a hell of a lot of protracted bad publicity, millions in legal fees and the players probably would have accepted and served slap-on-the-wrist suspensions by now. Ryder would still be there I suspect too.

Hird and Little - two very arrogant men.

What an honourable man he is - appealing not for himself, but for everyone else.

Crusader for justice.

Lol. Sadly there are some who still actually believe that, namely his head cheerleader, Robbo. From his recent article:

"He is charging on for himself, his family, the players and the club, knowing that he’s probably sacrificing his career."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-over-drugs-saga/story-e6frg6n6-1227077054505

Wow, magnanimous doesn't even begin to describe him. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been said that this is the best post ever, guaranteed, fact!

two different reports

12.06pm: UNCONFIRMED: The Herald Sun reporting that James Hird has not been sacked. Fairfax v News, not for the first time.
11.53am: UNCONFIRMED: Caroline Wilson reporting that James Hird has been sacked as coach of Essendon.

two different reports

12.06pm: UNCONFIRMED: The Herald Sun reporting that James Hird has not been sacked. Fairfax v News, not for the first time.
11.53am: UNCONFIRMED: Caroline Wilson reporting that James Hird has been sacked as coach of Essendon.

Funnily enough Fox Sports News is running with the Caro reports. Even NewsCorp seemingly rate Fairfax more than their own papers. :D

Is it worth going into that EFC-only thread on the Essenon board and cop a ban? REALLY tempted....

Okay, now take your moderator hat off and tell me what you really think ;)
Still not worth it, you can gloat here but leave them be.

If it was us I wouldn't want others coming in here and laughing.

Still not worth it, you can gloat here but leave them be.

If it was us I wouldn't want others coming in here and laughing.
I'd assume we would have dealt with it appropriately instead of making up stupid hashtags and paying those guilty to have a million dollar holiday in France personally. But that's just me.

I'd assume we would have dealt with it appropriately instead of making up stupid hashtags and paying those guilty to have a million dollar holiday in France personally. But that's just me.

Don't be so sure. If we had a similar perfect storm of conflicting stories, bumbling ASADA bureaucracy, political and AFL inteference, shady sports scientists refusing to speak, a ravenous media, legal uncertainty and a club legend/favourite son at the centre of it all, there would be plenty of scope for Kool-Aid consumption and #LoyalToLeppa & #JusticeForJustin hashtags here.

Generally, the cross-section of every club's support base is largely similar. By all means you are allowed to be fascinated and amused by it all (I certainly am) - it is incredibly interesting. But for all my morbid curiosity, there is a tinge of "there but for the grace of god goes us" to it all too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back