No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider James and the others have formulated a strategy. It's glass half full, but Millionaire's & Billionaires are pretty strategic I would have thought. Lot's of obscurities throwing people each and every way. Ploy? e.g. Bomber..."I'm away for 2 weeks". Frustrated but I'm holding out hoping we still hold the best hand. AFL might be nervous if they're not fully involved? Past and Present. What was inadmissible in the first Federal Court Case?

By6e6mlCUAAqgm-.jpg

Summary for those of us that can't watch the video atm?
No decision made

Confirmed Hird lodged his appeal. Meet next week to decide how to move forward.

Ok.. cool. Explain why they are waiting until Monday then?
The 'appeal' will not be over by Monday.
The players 'opinion' will not have changed by Monday.
Hirds ability to coach will not have changed by Monday.

So please tell me why, other than Thompson, the club would wait four days before announcing the bleeding obvious?

Ok.. cool. Explain why they are waiting until Monday then?
The 'appeal' will not be over by Monday.
The players 'opinion' will not have changed by Monday.
Hirds ability to coach will not have changed by Monday.

So please tell me why, other than Thompson, the club would wait four days before announcing the bleeding obvious?
Giving Hird time to back down and / or fall on his sword by himself ?

Show some respect. Champion of our club and you are going swearing and want him banished. Crazy.

I'm swearing at the board's inability to actually do something competent and make a decision instead of now pushing it back to Monday.

As for wanting him sacked, does that mean because he was a champion player he should be beyond reproach and just awarded a lifetime contract?

Giving Hird time to back down and / or fall on his sword by himself ?
But they have now made it so public.. appears very unlikely either of those things could happen.

I think we have just made this messier than it ever needed to be.. for everyone. Club needs to take a long hard look at itself and address the systemic problems.

I'm not her biggest fan. She went early with the 'sacked' line.. but I have no doubt she is on the money here.

Think the club is just trying to find a way to 'let us down gently' while they knife a club champion in the back.

They won't make it 'official' until they have Bomber's signature.. and he is being cagey (sound familar?) and apparently on holidays.. so maybe we have to wait a week before we get the official word.

Surely you jest? One night after (essentially) holding the club to ransom he decides it is a good time to take a holiday?

This is staggering. Essendon is well and truly playing with fire here. As I said earlier, we run the risk of transferring too much power to a single individual if the Board succumbs to threats. Already Bomber is running the show to some degree.

Again, he may still be the best person for the job, (who knows other than the players?), but this is farcial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you jest? One night after (essentially) holding the club to ransom he decides it is a good time to take a holiday?

This is staggering. Essendon is well and truly playing with fire here. As I said earlier, we run the risk of transferring too much power to a single individual if the Board succumbs to threats. Already Bomber is running the show to some degree.

Again, he may still be the best person for the job, (who knows other than the players?), but this is farcial.
No, I'm not joking.

Bomber Thompson is on holidays.

What the hell is Bomber meant to do exactly?

Is he even currently employed by the club as we speak?
Ogg Cat, you have real urgency. Honestly, given the current state of play, why rush? Is that gonna change a trade/drafts mind. I doubt it. Let things unfold? And we really don't know what that is. I still back them in. Hirdy for sure. None of the others have displayed near the strength he has. Uncompromised.

Ogg Cat, you have real urgency. Honestly, given the current state of play, why rush. Is that gonna change a trade/drafts mind. I doubt it. Let things unfold? And we really don't know what that is. I still back them in. Hirdy for sure. None of the others have displayed near the strength he has. Uncompromised.

Why wait?

Why prolong this another four days when it's highly, highly unlikely nothing is going to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back