Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it has been "suggested" to Fairfax media. Some journalist just said "wouldn't it be awesome if the Bulldogs couldn't afford their young stars? It would certainly put them back in their place"

"It has even been suggested to Fairfax Media..."

"industry sources suggest..."

"one player agent said..."

"player managers predicting..."

Awesome work right there. I think its fair to say that the Fairfax hacks aren't exactly enamored with the goings on at Whitten Oval right now.

On SOS, he was with us in a part-time role and had a hand in Lake's early development at FB, also worked with Hargrave, and if memory serves me correctly, Gilbee. I don't care about his list mgmt skills, but he was a handy part-time defensive coach.

On SOS, he was with us in a part-time role and had a hand in Lake's early development at FB, also worked with Hargrave, and if memory serves me correctly, Gilbee. I don't care about his list mgmt skills, but he was a handy part-time defensive coach.

"It has even been suggested to Fairfax Media..."

"industry sources suggest..."

"one player agent said..."

"player managers predicting..."

Awesome work right there. I think its fair to say that the Fairfax hacks aren't exactly enamored with the goings on at Whitten Oval right now.

They're not even subtle anymore.

Methinks some player managers are feeling the heat because Pickering has raised the bar too high for them and their clients are getting antsy.

What a quality article....We would(should) have already agreed to pay most of those players more than originally planned next season. Look at all the money that went out and what came back in....~180k of Tom boyd for Cooney, Gia, Higgins, Jones and most of Griff. We could probably give each player named an extra 150k this season and still be under the 95%. Except Bonts who is still on the base contract, but he will get his

Apparently Taylor Hunt is going to be delisted? Would take him in a heartbeat.

(and maybe Mitch Brown too, but less interested there)
Wouldn't mind Brown and attempt to make him a defender, pretty athletic from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind Brown and attempt to make him a defender, pretty athletic from memory.
Cats tried him as a defender.

The sooner people realise Mitch Brown just isn't very good, the better off we'll all be :p

What's Burbury from Geelong like? Also delisted had some injury troubles but looked ok.

On SOS, missing Brody Grundy...when he had 5 picks prior....wow.

Can someone have the good grace to remind some assembled loosely qualified journos that we have over a million bucks leaving the club next season.
Do they actually think the club didn't have these propositions in question when the deal went down?
It's a real "no your place" with some to be honest.

I bet there are Hawthorn Geelong Sydney ( even with cola) players down the pay pecking order who could get more coin at other clubs.
If kids see finals and success with their mates they generally stay together.
This just more needless scuttle buck of hypothetical guessing

I bet there are Hawthorn Geelong Sydney ( even with cola) players down the pay pecking order who could get more coin at other clubs.
If kids see finals and success with their mates they generally stay together.
This just more needless scuttle buck of hypothetical guessing

Has anyone actually come out and confirmed that Boyd's deal is going to be worth 7 mil over 7 years? As far as I know it is all just 'estimated' and 'reported' and in the article posted it is 'about' 7 mil.
Would have thought the club would have crunched the numbers, and unbeknown to some who seem unhealthily obsessed by this whole trade.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/is-silvagni-heading-to-carlton

"I am currently contracted to the Giants. After a successful trade period, the club is now focused on next month's NAB AFL Draft and contract extensions for a number of our players," Silvagni said.

If anyone at GWS starts talking about honouring contracts, should we be ready for movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back