Remove this Banner Ad

Spitter9

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
a dogs supporter i know thinks Jong is a better player than Bastinac.

whos the better player?

This is an odd one given Bastinac has played way more AFL games. Bastinac has definitely shown more obviously. If I had to take one for the future, I'd take Jong and it's not just because I'm a biased bulldog. His VFL finals series was just so crazy. Also, we need someone of Jong's type more than Bastinac for our team. Finally, having an Asian star is marketing gold lol.

This is an odd one given Bastinac has played way more AFL games. Bastinac has definitely shown more obviously. If I had to take one for the future, I'd take Jong and it's not just because I'm a biased bulldog. His VFL finals series was just so crazy. Also, we need someone of Jong's type more than Bastinac for our team. Finally, having an Asian star in is marketing gold lol.
not talking about future. he thinks jong is currently the better player

not talking about future. he thinks jong is currently the better player
Well, it's hard to compare. Jong looks better when he plays, but he plays in a crapper league. Objectively, I suppose you need to go with the guy who has played close to 100 more games. Though I'd still say I personally reckon Jong is better.

Last edited:
This poll just screams of "My team's player is better."

But when one of the players has played less than 10 games and was a rookie, and the other has played almost 100 games, it's kind of sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen Jong play in the VFL and there certainly is a lot of upside. In the Preliminary final he was BOG with 28 disposals (20 contested) and eight tackles. I know its the VFL but I believe one day he will be a very good player for the Bulldogs. And they do to as he got a upgraded off the rookie list and signed a new two year deal.

Bastinac obviously had better career so far, if say they were both up for grabs in the coming pre-season draft I'd pick Jong though.

Bastinac seems too slight, and doesn't have any genuine pace from what I've seen.

Weird poll.

I really want to say Jong because I feel like he's just about to have a break out season but Bastinac has the runs on the board so you have to vote for him.

Back