Jobs Dominated By Men Still The Most Deadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

I once heard someone say that the reason men get paid more than women is because, if a fire were to break out in the work place, it would be the men exiting the building last. They would be helping to find the women and children on each floor and get them to safety. You can't ignore that men are expected by society to protect the women before anyone else.
You 'once heard someone say'? Well, bugger me with a fish fork, case closed, we fought a good fight, but, up against the weight of that compelling evidence...flog

I once heard someone say that the reason men get paid more than women is because, if a fire were to break out in the work place, it would be the men exiting the building last. They would be helping to find the women and children on each floor and get them to safety. You can't ignore that men are expected by society to protect the women before anyone else.

The reason men get paid more is actually a lot simpler than that.

1. Men choose more highly paid industries to work in.
2. Men don't typically take 10-15 years off in their highest earning years to give birth to and raise kids. Therefore men typically have a lot more experience and seniority than women of the same age. Which means they get paid more.

When people talk about the gender pay gap, they aren't comparing like with like. Men and women with the same experience and qualifications get paid similar rates, if anything women get paid slightly more because they are rarer and many companies like to have a balance of gender so will actively seek out female employees. The issue is that there are a lot less of such women, because many of them voluntarily removed themselves from the workforce for a significant period of time.

nope, all those dangerous job's are covered by EBA and have strong unions that prevent personal contracts. the pay gap is and always will be because women are dumb enough to accept lower pay.
NOTe not all in these types of occupations are actually covered by a union. Silly assumption and misrepresents the facts.

nope, all those dangerous job's are covered by EBA and have strong unions that prevent personal contracts. the pay gap is and always will be because women are dumb enough to accept lower pay.

Do you think any self respecting HR department offers different rates of pay to people depending on their gender?

The pay gap is there because women, on average, have less experience in their jobs than men do. Because most women have kids at some stage, and take time off when they do.

Men do not usually have 5-10 year gaps in their CVs like many women do, and that is why they are paid more (on average).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You 'once heard someone say'? Well, bugger me with a fish fork, case closed, we fought a good fight, but, up against the weight of that compelling evidence...flog

I 'once heard' that men threw women & children out of the lifeboats, to save themselves, when the Titanic went down.
So much for women & children first!

Yes, because only unions are violent towards other workers.

eB3tWOb.jpg
Is he TISM's super sub?

Where's the green vest?

That someone was Bill Burr. He was joking...probably.

The reason men get paid more is actually a lot simpler than that.

1. Men choose more highly paid industries to work in.
2. Men don't typically take 10-15 years off in their highest earning years to give birth to and raise kids. Therefore men typically have a lot more experience and seniority than women of the same age. Which means they get paid more.

When people talk about the gender pay gap, they aren't comparing like with like. Men and women with the same experience and qualifications get paid similar rates, if anything women get paid slightly more because they are rarer and many companies like to have a balance of gender so will actively seek out female employees. The issue is that there are a lot less of such women, because many of them voluntarily removed themselves from the workforce for a significant period of time.

Bingo.

Do you think any self respecting HR department offers different rates of pay to people depending on their gender?

The pay gap is there because women, on average, have less experience in their jobs than men do. Because most women have kids at some stage, and take time off when they do.

Men do not usually have 5-10 year gaps in their CVs like many women do, and that is why they are paid more (on average).

What, you're saying motherhood competes with work? Get out!!

You think a boss gives a stuff about you working safely??? The only thing 90% of boss's want's is more production whether that is done safely or not they do not give a s**t as long as deadlines are met and the company is making $$$$.

You clearly ain't in management otherwise you would know about all those forms that need to be filled in and completed in case of any incident. Not to mention all those OHS meetings you would need to attend.

It should also be added men don't get paid to leave their jobs and get paid by an employer to fund their personal life style choice i.e getting knocked up

You clearly ain't in management otherwise you would know about all those forms that need to be filled in and completed in case of any incident. Not to mention all those OHS meetings you would need to attend.
My boss gives off the impression that if I could be twice as productive while covered in petrol and twirling flaming batons then I would be unprofessional not to do it.

He always finishes the chats about just getting things done with a little: "don't get hurt doing it!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back