Cox Plate 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great run from Adelaide, exactly how I imagined it playing out in my mind

Had a great spot near the post in the members and as they flashed past knew it was home

Now if admire Ratki can win the cup it would top off a great spring

Just listening to Nick Williams, do you feel there will be a switch around to where we go back to breeding our own stayers (Americain, SYT, IAD at stud) because the Euro's know how badly we want them and are charging through the nose for every galloper? Value from Europe seems to be gone.

Good post - Add Fiorente to that list - And you have enough staying blood in the system - We will know more in 5 or 6 years - But we have given ourselves every chance to improve the staying stock in Australia.

Nah its the fact i got 80/1 Mount Athos when he mistook the laps

seth

Wasn't that a case of connections being too prescriptive with their riding instructions. Insisted that the horse be ridden in the back half of the field.

This another edition of the weird and wacky posts that come out during the Spring Carnival. Where HOF's are slagged endlessly. Where any horse that gets beaten by 10L should have won. Where every race track is below standard ?

I backed Rising Romance and Fawkner and had no issues with the rides on either horse.RR got the saloon inside pasage from the 600 and the jockey had to take the runs - And if you look at RR racing patterns it can sustain a long sprint. Fawkner was brilliantly ridden and got to the lead at the right time - People forget that the Cox Plate was run at a hot pace ( one of the benefits of having The Cleaner in the race) and not every horse can be in the last four.

Any supporting commentary for this statement?
Overrated.

Still think it will be good however not as good as some on here are saying.

Felt like MV track suited it to a tee and its run maybe not as bad as people thought. Yes last horrible position but to run up like it did was a great move it took the corner well and had more momentum and was just too good staying on.

How good was a Foreteller/Happy Trails run.

FFS i backed Foreteller last week at odds because of what it did before that. If he runs like he did yday then he probably gets close?

Happy Trails is becoming an unlucky horse this spring. Where does it head to next?

Ive only watched a small glimpse of the race and i was mainly watching HT and i knew it had lost after 1m of the race - well couldnt win.

Overrated.

Still think it will be good however not as good as some on here are saying.

Felt like MV track suited it to a tee and its run maybe not as bad as people thought. Yes last horrible position but to run up like it did was a great move it took the corner well and had more momentum and was just too good staying on.

How good was a Foreteller/Happy Trails run.

FFS i backed Foreteller last week at odds because of what it did before that. If he runs like he did yday then he probably gets close?

Happy Trails is becoming an unlucky horse this spring. Where does it head to next?

Ive only watched a small glimpse of the race and i was mainly watching HT and i knew it had lost after 1m of the race - well couldnt win.
What is this nonsensical post. I count 3 contradictions and 2 diversions from the topic.

Adelaide was enormous make no mistake, world class animal as far as I'm concerned.

Why animal and not horse?

What other animals get recognised as world class?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Reggie Boy 2nd to Roman Ruma Ruma twice, and third once. Apparently on all three occasions Dean Yendall thought he was home.
******* lmao. Stop hogging the Yendall jokes, I'm trying to get one in at some point :p:$

Status
Not open for further replies.