• 7. Pinstriped (11) - Ben Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Duais (1) - Damien Oliver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenuous rankings after having a look at todays races

1. Fangirl - Has never raced beyond a mile in open grade and has to be a huge possibility Cotton Wool Waller just sets her for one of the mile races.
2. Alligator Blood - Ticked the 2000m box today by winning well. Form out of the race was questionable but we already know he has a high enough level at his best. As an on speed runner at the Valley will likely start favourite for mine.
3. Gold Trip - If he backs up I think he is the best horse but he will be sitting near last at the Valley and likely running up the back of them like last year.
4. Romantic Warrior - Not getting the juice in the price for his average first up run.
5. Mr Brightside - Has class but dont think he stays 2000m at all.

Confidence levels very low though and in such an open edition feels like we could get a Pinker Pinker, FOO, Shamus Award type winner

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Current betting market is a sorry sight having to pick between the gross unders of the B grade leftovers, the gross unders of the hype merchants or the gross unders of the horses who want a different trip.

If gun to head had to do an early ranking I think I would have it something like

Prowess
Mounga
Mr Brightside
Light Infantry
Sharp n Smart
Osipenko
Cascadian

Pen light infantry as discussed. Couldn’t win if it started now.

Prowess won’t be up to them either

Current top 3 is obvious

Fangirl
Mounga
Cascadian

of which Fangirl should be clear fave before Waller sets her for the Five Diamonds instead

1500m is his trip mate. He’d been running in 1400m group 1s. Quick bit of insight for you. He won’t be fast enough over 2000 either as he is no good. Half a dozen of our local dross will be good enough for him just like they were in the Eagle.

Nah definitely not a 1500m horse out here. Just like I said at the time of the Eagle. Needs further out here

Pen light infantry as discussed. Couldn’t win if it started now.

Prowess won’t be up to them either

Current top 3 is obvious

Fangirl
Mounga
Cascadian

of which Fangirl should be clear fave before Waller sets her for the Five Diamonds instead

Not a chance Fangirl goes to the Cox Plate when old cotton wool can stay in Sydney over trips he has already kept her at

Nah definitely not a 1500m horse out here. Just like I said at the time of the Eagle. Needs further out here

Needs weaker. It’s just a slightly longer distance Artorius. Can win a very weak G1 down here if his turn comes on the right day but isn’t getting near winning a cox plate.

Surely the winner is coming from overseas or something here that is completely untapped. That list is awful :(

Yes the only non international winners in a decade are Winx and Anamoe last year - who probs would have been rolled by El Bogdeon if they had even gone half a gallop. Any half decent raider that turns up will win - the question is will they given the Mengele RV vets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When will the 3 year olds start to show themselves?

The northern hemisphere ones? Need to see the ones that run down the track in the G1/2s over the next couple of months.

His co-trainer Anthony Freedman said Without A Fight had a bright future and they would now spell him for a month in Queensland which was always part of their plan.

Freedman said they would concentrate initially on the Caulfield Cup and take it from there.

So long as he isn't too harshly weighted he is a Cups horse not a Cox Plate horse. He is definitely not a betting option in anything at the moment though

So long as he isn't too harshly weighted he is a Cups horse not a Cox Plate horse. He is definitely not a betting option in anything at the moment though

Jug plz. He is a top 3 local hope in a CP

Back