Are any Crows fans worried about our ageing supporter base?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the dripping blood at the intro of the thread on every page...Sick!!!

Remind me again what club topped the attendance for the AFL this season???

So now we're pandering to the kids on here then.....WTF

The "Americanisation" of Australia is nearly complete!!

U mean we are not the 51st state already? Or is that Puerto Rico? Either way, this 52 star US Flag I am flying at the front of my hose is completely wrong!

Why would you be worried, there are people that can't even get seats due to these people there is a waiting list.
There is a reason they constantly sellout games....

It isn't worrying right now but it could well be in the future. My generation (24 years old) and the one below me seems to be Port Adelaide dominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having older supporters helps setting a foundation to breed OUR culture as a club. FFS our club is going into its 25th season and there is no worry for mine that ageing supporters are a problem. A dedicated Sanfl supporter aged 50 in 1991 ( my mother ) was so bloody excited to get into the competition and stick it to the Vics. I still sit next to her today at the new Adelaide oval and her passion has never waned. Nah, I have no worries.

Agree with this completely, I have been to Port games and the atmosphere is very different (not better though) to Crows games.

At Port games, it is an angry and tense atmosphere, its almost like Port supporters go to the footy to get out their anger at their crap lives, (they are typically aged 30-45, are fat bogan males with a goatie, a fat arse wife (who he hates), 3-4 rampant kids and a s**t low paying job (lifting stuff). Their colours are also drab and depressing. Just look at the Port BF board to see how aggressive and feral these people are.

Crows games are a happier more social atmosphere, bright vibrant colours, filled with people who are enjoying the game but are a bit more reserved and less uncouth (for Port supporters reading this 'uncouth' means rude, uncivilised, vulgar etc).

Also, our crowds never get down to the mind teens in a poor year. Port supporters only turn up and are loud when they are winning, biggest bandwagoners in the AFL.

I know which crowd I prefer to sit in.
Hahaha rant of the year!

You are fine, there will always be a split in your favour, it doesn't matter how much it is, the closer to 50/50 the better as there is plenty of room in SA for two big teams. One doing well needn't harm the other.

Is there any membership demographic data available for clubs to see how we compare. I feel this is a media generated myth. No real substance.

yep, i agree. I feel this is just a AFL360 (foxtel) beat up.

The unbelievable amounts of positive media they received by that station is a pay off for being an active participant in the Recruit.

It's a pay off. Let's see how Port Power friendly they are next year after a few losses.

yep, i agree. I feel this is just a AFL360 (foxtel) beat up.

The unbelievable amounts of positive media they received by that station is a pay off for being an active participant in the Recruit.

It's a pay off. Let's see how Port Power friendly they are next year after a few losses.
Who needs demographics? To be honest every AFL club has a supporter base starting from seniors to juniors regarding age factor. GWS and GCS are only 3 or 4 years old and have senior supporters. This is most definitely a myth because the AFL's first port of call is to build up tradition and you can only build that up by having the older supporters stick around.

Who needs demographics? To be honest every AFL club has a supporter base starting from seniors to juniors regarding age factor. GWS and GCS are only 3 or 4 years old and have senior supporters. This is most definitely a myth because the AFL's first port of call is to build up tradition and you can only build that up by having the older supporters stick around.

What does this have to do with my foxtel post? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back