No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree nothing will come of it.. but it should. McDevitt is simply not allowed to talk about these matters without the official findings being made.

I was shocked to hear him say it, because at the last update Dank had NOT been put on the register of findings officially.. and I posted that in here.

At some point the law has to hold this cowboy accountable for breaching confidentiality laws over and over and over again..

I agree nothing will come of it.. but it should. McDevitt is simply not allowed to talk about these matters without the official findings being made.

I was shocked to hear him say it, because at the last update Dank had NOT been put on the register of findings officially.. and I posted that in here.

At some point the law has to hold this cowboy accountable for breaching confidentiality laws over and over and over again..

Maybe if they put a red and black jumper on him

******* had it with EFC and the players the only ones coping it Asada are just as responsible in how they handled this.

Waits patiently for gold coast to receive sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute.

flogging_dead_horse_what1.jpg

Now I'm normally a very sedate guy, never gets emotional and is hardly ever a problem for any mods on this site, but if I hear one more time one Essendon fan accusing another of not being a supporter you're going straight on the ignore list - and if you ever show up at a Tanked I will personally pour you a beer that is 3/4s head.

Yeah.... that just happened.

Mark Harvey likes this.

That 'protection' would be a gamble - if suspensions don't happen, then you've unnecessarily reduced the appeal of your Friday night TV lineup.
The AFL would consider half a team playing AFL standard footy in a prime time game as a risk not worth taking. Might as well give those games to the 3 big clubs that finished lower than us on the ladder

#equilisationwhenitsuitsus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vlad 2.0 strikes back.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...bership-could-be-at-risk-20141031-11f6xs.html
Mark Thompson's AFL life membership could be at risk
1414743999711.jpg

Mark Thompson has not yet notified the league yet whether he has paid the fine levied on him by the AFL Commission. Photo: Getty Images

Mark Thompson could lose AFL life membership privileges and hamper his chances of being able to be employed in the AFL again after he appeared to make good on his threat not to pay his $30,000 fine for his role in Essendon's peptide program.

The AFL confirmed that, as of close of business on Friday, the end of the football financial year and the date by which Thompson's fine had to be paid, the former Essendon coach had not notified the league that he had paid the fine.

The AFL has allowed for the fact that if Thompson made an electronic transfer of the funds on Friday, the money would not be cleared as deposited funds with the AFL until next week.

Should Thompson have not paid the fine, the matter will go to the AFL Commission for consideration of further action as the fine was imposed by the commission and not the executive.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...bership-could-be-at-risk-20141031-11f6xs.html

I actually think that this is the only outcome that is possible with a guilty finding at a tribunal. It is very rare that a player gets less than 2 years and only happens with significant assistance to ASADA. I think that Essendon played the court case in a really astute way in having players representatives present but they were not a party in the case. This may save your boys but I do think that the guidelines are very clear, if found guilty in a tribunal they will get a minimum of 12 months. It may get backdated and the sentence may get suspended but these are the only mechanisms available to the tribunal. However, if this does go to a tribunal, I believe the most likely outcome is that your players will get cleared.

You need to remember that 2 years is the maximum sentence - There are many cases when less than the maximum is given as a suspension.

Chips's article was interesting in the sense, it gave me clarity as to why Caro and her ilk, have been shouting about EFC using supplements for non-human consumption.

I still haven't seen definitive proof or even a strong suggestion that TB4 was at Essendon.

If Bomber Thompson actually does decide not to pay this fine, Im pretty sure the so called "threat" of losing his AFL life time membership is of very very very little consequence. Again its another poor reflection of the media driving the wrong agenda and/or barking up the wrong tree. Why dont these brainiacs actually ask the pertinent question of why he aint paying the fine. I cant recall one sports journo asking that question yet. Why not? Well it will reflect on the AFL itself and just maybe how poorly they have handled this whole situation themselves.
But wow with the amount of smoke some of these "sports journos" have blown up Bombers arse over the last 12 months, how will they react if Bomber really does go all out Nuclear against the AFl and the media hench men of the AFL? mmmmm more flexing of the rubber spines I think.

So ASADA could be proceeding with a 'star witness' who is currently on drug charges, their CEO who could be on charges, a secondary witness (Alavi) who is on 'medicare fraud' charges, as well as the other witness (the 'clinic' owner) who is facing fraud charges.. and backed up by a Chinese National that can't be compelled to talk or give evidence anyway...

What is the definition of a credible witness? I can't recall.

Chips's article was interesting in the sense, it gave me clarity as to why Caro and her ilk, have been shouting about EFC using supplements for non-human consumption.

I still haven't seen definitive proof or even a strong suggestion that TB4 was at Essendon.

Your right, but you also have to keep in mind that that every player has stuck firm. Not one chasing deals, not one begging for mercy and leniency. And why not. Why has not one player put their hand up and said....well yeah it was farked up...not even the guys not in the AFL system anymore. PPl like Caro have not once reported this fact. Its the big elephant in the room alot of ppl continue to ignore. Why hasnt Brent Prismall or Henry Slattery or whoever said oh * it, I can take a little ban and get on with my life? why dont they? Please some one elaborate for me? Some one like Kyle Reimers will never play at an elite level ever again and Im very sure he is more focused on secruring a life away from AFL football. So why dosnt Kyle say to ASADA, yeah well the club injected me with all this illegal s**t and im gonna sue their arses off while im at it? Apart from the foamers sprouting their deflective best, not one reporter can address this burning question. How many deals have ASADA offered now? pfft boardering on pathetic they are.

Its a bit of a rant I know, but the forest has been lost from the trees along time ago here. Its a very poor reflection of ASADA at the end of the day, and the worst bit is they dont seem to care. In the end it will contribute to their overall destruction in this country (and obviously being rebirthed in another form at the cost of alot of tax payers money unfortunately) AN effective anti doping authority is what we deserve in this country and the cold hard reality is that ASADA has failed and will fail again in the future if allowed to continue as is.

Nothing but an embarrassing mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back