What do you see being the team's greatest weakness in 2015?

Tall defenders, guarding brutes like Tummy Porkins

• Ruck, lack of a genuine dominant hitout winner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc could pinch hit in the middle...... I think in ref to our mid field position (depth) we are jumping at shadows... Anderson, WhiteX, Woodward and JOR will add all the depth we need to be safe for next yr then going fwd, 2016 onward we land 1 or 2 FA's next yr and the following ......our MF is and will be ready to go around again with the best of them.
Oh yeah - certainly not worried just was wondering about it as Clarko likes versatility

Doc could pinch hit in the middle...... I think in ref to our mid field position (depth) we are jumping at shadows... Anderson, WhiteX, Woodward and JOR will add all the depth we need to be safe for next yr then going fwd, 2016 onward we land 1 or 2 FA's next yr and the following ......our MF is and will be ready to go around again with the best of them.
I suppose an equallly relevant question could be which of the above could pinch hit in defence as Hodge, Burgers and Mitch going will impact other positions on the ground and Clarko's flexible player game plan

I suppose an equallly relevant question could be which of the above could pinch hit in defence as Hodge, Burgers and Mitch going will impact other positions on the ground and Clarko's flexible player game plan
WhiteX started life as a half back with great skill.

He played 15 last year and that was with no preseason coming off a knee reconstruction, which caused him to tire out towards the end of the year. It generally takes 2 years to get form back after a serious injury. An example of this would be Roughead with his Achilles. He tired out in his return year in 2012, but then hit 2013 and won a Coleman. I'm not saying Schoenmakers is anything the player Roughead is but it's just an example of the time it takes to regain form/confidence. Frawley will make it harder for him to get games in defence, but he'll be the number one depth option ahead of Spangher and sometimes he's better structurally than Lake(eg. Port). I see him getting a lot of games playing CHF and being a utility off the bench.

He played 15 last year and that was with no preseason coming off a knee reconstruction, which caused him to tire out towards the end of the year. It generally takes 2 years to get form back after a serious injury. An example of this would be Roughead with his Achilles. He tired out in his return year in 2012, but then hit 2013 and won a Coleman. I'm not saying Schoenmakers is anything the player Roughead is but it's just an example of the time it takes to regain form/confidence. Frawley will make it harder for him to get games in defence, but he'll be the number one depth option ahead of Spangher and sometimes he's better structurally than Lake(eg. Port). I see him getting a lot of games playing CHF and being a utility off the bench.
You had me until you wanted his "structure" against Port. I couldn't bear to see their quick blokes run around him all day. He would be more statue than structure.

But yes, he can improve on this year to become a useful depth player.

You had me until you wanted his "structure" against Port. I couldn't bear to see their quick blokes run around him all day. He would be more statue than structure.

But yes, he can improve on this year to become a useful depth player.
Schoe kept Schulz honest in a loss. 6 touches no marks and a goal. Schulz in the prelim mainly on Lake had 20 touches 8 marks and 1.2

Quite a few people are writing off Spangher getting a game next year. I don't believe they have taken into account his improvement this year by playing a number of of games without injury. His decision making has improved 100% which was his main weakness. He probably wouldn't play in our strongest team but I can see him getting a game when Lake is rested.

I think we're underselling Shoey still a bit, prior to going down with his ACL, he was in career best form and was finally showing the sort of stuff he can do. I'm willing to give him another 12 months to show us if he can bring it out in his game again. I think I'd pick him as KPF before I'd pull the trigger on TOB on current form, but we'll see after the preseason how things stack up.

I still stick by ROugh being our biggest risk. If he goes down for an extended period we are in trouble. He commands our forward line and without him we are a serious tall forward down. Without him our structures are changed up too much. We saw that against Port and Freo. We would probably still beat the lesser sides and make the finals comfortably, but thats no good if your chasing a flag.

Back