XBX1 Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Played after switching to Bumper Jumper, and it's much better. I don't like how reload & pickup weapon is B, while melee is RB, but I do like being able to jump & aim well at the same time.

Shooting heads also did wonders.

I still hate Team BRs though. Rubbish game mode.

Matchmaking is working! At least for me it is. I found 3 consecutive games easily; the 'Found Players' message lasts seconds & the lobby proceeds to fill to the maximum quickly.

The lag is abysmal, certainly for Halo 3. Played a good match of Halo 2 Anni tho & finished the game leader for the first time which was pretty awesome.

Matchmaking is working! At least for me it is. I found 3 consecutive games easily; the 'Found Players' message lasts seconds & the lobby proceeds to fill to the maximum quickly.

The lag is abysmal, certainly for Halo 3. Played a good match of Halo 2 Anni tho & finished the game leader for the first time which was pretty awesome.

Press the page button to get the bar on your connection.

Few times I've had poorer connection I've been matched with yanks or candians

Press the page button to get the bar on your connection.

The button that displays the teams? I didn't see a bar in Halo 3.

Pretty sure I had an overseas host in the Halo 3 games I played cause there were these huge frame skips; I often went from walking around to being respawned in an instant. Even Jason Porplyzia struggled.
add you on xbox btw GB
Will accept next time I go on.

I don't think every game is on dedicated servers because of the MP problems.

Another update. 500 mb.

Let's hope this one actually does something.

Just checked the reactions on the official forum. The matchmaking glitch seems to be fixed (for most people), however balancing problems and lag still persist, along with a range of other minor issues.

I'll be giving it a shot now.

Full update notes:
By 343 Industries - 2 hours ago
The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which is 523 MB. This particular content update addresses a number of matchmaking issues, fixes various bugs related to UI and the party system, and also improves overall stability. While this update contains a variety of improvements, we continue to work on additional content updates that will be rolled out to address further issues that you have called out. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update.

Matchmaking

• Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching
  • Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing
  • Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)
  • Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player
  • Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match
  • Made an update to ensure that the “Game Session” UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby
  • Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts
  • Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering
  • Corrected a “connecting to host” message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase
  • Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby
Party, Lobby, and Custom Games

• Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches
  • Made an update to ensure that player’s player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby
  • Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display
  • Improved the display of emblems in the “Games Session Details” screen
  • Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and “brings party”
  • Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game
  • Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game
Stability

• Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability
  • Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in “Player Details”
  • Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects
  • Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability
  • Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2
  • Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)
  • Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist
  • Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance
Achievements

• Made an update to ensure that the “Zealot” achievement is unlockable
As mentioned earlier this week, we have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.

Just checked the reactions on the official forum. The matchmaking glitch seems to be fixed (for most people), however balancing problems and lag still persist, along with a range of other minor issues.

I'll be giving it a shot now.

Full update notes:
Nope still ****ed for me. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: instead of being stuck on "players found" I'm now stuck on "connecting session"

Progress I guess.

Nope still stuffed for me. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: instead of being stuck on "players found" I'm now stuck on "connecting session"

Progress I guess.

Have you hard reset your xbox since taking the download?

Also go into settings and test multiplayer connection.

Do you have an open NAT?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you hard reset your xbox since taking the download?

Also go into settings and test multiplayer connection.

Do you have an open NAT?
It's moderate. I tried changing it to open but didn't work. I'll try hard resetting now. Thanks.

It's moderate. I tried changing it to open but didn't work. I'll try hard resetting now. Thanks.

Moderate NAT will mean you cant' connect to someone with a strict NAT but can with OPEN or Moderate

Halfway through a playlist and then the game glitches out and won't let me start the next mission.

Cool.:drunk:
Same thing happened to me. I was playing the "final four" playlist and it glitched In between missions. Had to start again.

Playlists are stuffed.

Crashes, freezes, glitches in between missions.

I think Halo 4 may actually have the best graphics it really does look amazing now in particular the lighting the flying section on midnight looks so good with the earth there in the background.

While some parts of Halo 2 are fantastic the interiors are a bit dark and don't look that much better. Halo 2 anniversary wasn't done as well as Halo 1 anniversary which all looks good apart from 343 guilty spark which was too bright. I don't really notice much of a difference with Halo 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back