XBX1 Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Multilayer is working very well now still does some odd things now like randomly on team slayer putting us into a game of free for all or not balancing teams right

Very bland designs.

Haven't played a single level of Halo 4 yet.

It's not just that; they're not fun to fight at all, especially on Legendary.

Fighting a knight on Legendary:

Spawns a watcher
shooting him
watcher puts a shield on him
shoot watcher and it flies away
throw a grenade at knight
watcher comes back and throws it back at me
shoot him again and he flies off
kill knight
watcher comes back and revives him

I groan every time I have to fight these stupid enemies.

Edit: they could have actually been pretty cool enemies if they weren't so ******* annoying to fight, the covenant enemies are fun to fight for the most part, even then 343 ****ed with their designs and made them look stupid.

Last edited:

Multilayer is working very well now still does some odd things now like randomly on team slayer putting us into a game of free for all or not balancing teams right
mine is still absolute rubbish

been searching for 40 mins now and nothing

GB once you learn the maps you'll pick up. Why I've dominating and I'm average, and its because I played this death 10 years ago so I know where all the best spots are.
I figure this will be the case, although it's one hell of a learning curve. In the games I went around 0-7-18 (middle being assists, which makes it all the more frustrating!), it felt like the whole enemy team consisted of people with 1000 hours experience, and it was hard just finding a spot on the map where I wouldn't get overwhelmed.

It's all about jumping, melee-ing and grenading in Halo. Funnily enough, shooting is just for support IMO.

Combine these three well and you should start to dominate.

Also once you start to learn the map and where the power weapons are you'll get better. Big part of Halo is map control.
I'd imagine it's not all about jumping, meleeing & grenading on the big maps like Bloodline.

Even then, is it too much to ask to play gamemodes other than Team Slayer BR more than 10% of the time? I enjoyed Bomb Assault, CTF, Ricochet in the rare chances I got to play them.

I figure this will be the case, although it's one hell of a learning curve. In the games I went around 0-7-18 (middle being assists, which makes it all the more frustrating!), it felt like the whole enemy team consisted of people with 1000 hours experience, and it was hard just finding a spot on the map where I wouldn't get overwhelmed.

I'd imagine it's not all about jumping, meleeing & grenading on the big maps like Bloodline.

Even then, is it too much to ask to play gamemodes other than Team Slayer BR more than 10% of the time? I enjoyed Bomb Assault, CTF, Ricochet in the rare chances I got to play them.
I meant more in 1v1 close quarters combat

Are you jumping? Great tool to evade gunfire. I'd hate to think you weren't.

Meele-ing? Does more damage then gunfire. Should always be trying to melee to finish off the enemy.

You should never have any grenades left when you die. Use them to your advantage

Obviously continue to use your weapon. But do all these things too and it will be a huge help.

BTW the multiplayer is ****ed

At least you can get a game.

I meant more in 1v1 close quarters combat

Are you jumping? Great tool to evade gunfire. I'd hate to think you weren't.

Meele-ing? Does more damage then gunfire. Should always be trying to melee to finish off the enemy.

You should never have any grenades left when you die. Use them to your advantage

Obviously continue to use your weapon. But do all these things too and it will be a huge help.
Aiming while jumping is something I'm still adjusting to. It's kind of hard when I have to take my thumb off the right stick in order to press A. Is it worth adjusting jump to a shoulder button?

Meleeing isn't a one-hit kill unless it's from behind, and isn't it easily countered by just walking backwards & shooting?
BTW the multiplayer is ******

At least you can get a game.
Tip: If it stays on 'Found Players' for over a minute, exit & try again. Also, stick to Halo 2 Anniversary for now; it seems to be the most populated & stable.

Lockout on halo 2 anniversary is so good the map just seems perfect. Played 4 v 5 we just lost a match 49-50 in the last 5 seconds 3 of us died when we thought we had it won very frustrating

mine is still absolute rubbish

been searching for 40 mins now and nothing
I don't know why its started working I had searched for hours the day before

Aiming while jumping is something I'm still adjusting to. It's kind of hard when I have to take my thumb off the right stick in order to press A. Is it worth adjusting jump to a shoulder button?

Meleeing isn't a one-hit kill unless it's from behind, and isn't it easily countered by just walking backwards & shooting?

Tip: If it stays on 'Found Players' for over a minute, exit & try again. Also, stick to Halo 2 Anniversary for now; it seems to be the most populated & stable.

One of the best things i ever did in all the years i played Halo was switch to Bumper Jumper. Not for everyone but i cant reccomend it enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any achievement hunters?

I currently have 125 achievements for this game. 325 to go.

May as well try to 100% it, its not like multi-player is working.

Has the patch actually done anything?

all I've noticed is a new notification system updating me on the matchmaking "progress".

I think "players found" actually means "we cant find jack s**t but thanks for buying our game- 343i"

One of the best things i ever did in all the years i played Halo was switch to Bumper Jumper. Not for everyone but i cant reccomend it enough
I'll definitely give it a shot.

Also, some updates:
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...too-many-are-not-seeing-halotmcc-improvements
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...on/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

-Rumble Gamemode is now live.

-“We continue to work on these issues, with our primary focus being on matchmaking performance,” a post on the HaloWaypoint forum reads. “Additionally, we also noticed that the CU inadvertently introduced some new UI bugs, which will be fixed shortly. For now, you will continue to see uneven match-ups and larger than normal team sizes in matchmaking. This is a temporary situation that is caused by the fact that we are allowing more players than normal into a matchmaking session in order to improve overall matching times,” the update continues. “We realize this is not ideal, and we will reset those parameters to their expected behavior as soon as our matchmaking improves to a level where players are consistently getting into matches in shorter time frames.”

-Additionally, we’d like to take this opportunity to provide some additional troubleshooting steps that will help ensure the best Halo: The Master Chief Collection experience while our team works on resolving existing issues behind the scenes.

1. Setting your NAT to Open
We’ve found that players who have their NAT set to open tend to have the highest success rates in Matchmaking. For assistance with opening your NAT, head [url=http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution]here.[/URL]

2. Airport Extreme Router Troubleshooting
We’ve found that players who are using Apple Airport routers may have increased difficulty connecting to matches due to the default settings. To optimize your settings for gameplay on Xbox One, follow the below steps to allow teredo tunnels, which is set to “off” by default.

• Open Airport Utility
• Go to the”Network” tab
• Click “Network Options” at the bottom then check "Allow Teredo tunnels"

Urgh. Just got half way through Outskirts on Halo 2, pressed the Xbox home button then a few minutes later went to open the game again and MCC restarted for some reason and it won't let me resume. Dislike replaying levels when it's not my fault. Sunset Overdrive time.

If you haven't done a hard reset of the box since the update last week do it.

Has helped with quite a few of the bugs I was getting.

Can also usually land a matchmaking game now, but only on the anniversary playlist.

Bonnie Ross update:
On Nov 11th we released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The goal being to create a tribute to Halo fans around the world, and to celebrate the Master Chief’s debut on Xbox One. With the initial release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, however, we have not delivered the experience you deserve. I personally apologize for this on behalf of us all at 343 Industries. Our team is committed to working around the clock until these issues are resolved.

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority. We continue to partner with the Xbox platform team to analyze all data to make ongoing server-side adjustments to continually improve the matchmaking experience. We are also preparing additional content updates that will address existing campaign, UI, and other issues to improve the overall experience. With each update we will carefully analyze data to confirm that the improvements we’re seeing internally are also happening with fans at home.

Know that we’re trying to be as nimble as possible to put fixes in place. We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming weeks. Looking forward, I want to give you a high-level cadence of the latest updates we’re currently working on. Development and testing of our latest content update continues and we are on track for release later this week. We will update you on the status and patch notes of the content update once we have a better understanding of our release window. Only through making changes on both the “server side” (matchmaking and other server rulesets) and, via content updates (to the game itself), can we make the significant progress we’re working towards. And in the interest of expediency, we’re attacking the problem from both sides, non-stop.

As we have been, we will continue to post the details of our updates and other adjustments on Halo Waypoint. Please check our forums at http://aka.ms/mcc_updates for the latest details as we roll out further fixes.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the delay and for the negative aspects of your experience to date. We’re doing everything in our power to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Apologies if it has been mentioned haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone had issues with the screen being black after resuming the campaign in Halo 2? Can hear the buggers shooting me but can't do anything about it cause can't see a damn thing. Tried restarting the game and a hard reset on the console, neither worked.

Apologies if it has been mentioned haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone had issues with the screen being black after resuming the campaign in Halo 2? Can hear the buggers shooting me but can't do anything about it cause can't see a damn thing. Tried restarting the game and a hard reset on the console, neither worked.

I get the same thing, just press the view button (used to switch between anniversary and classic) and picture will come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back