XBX1 Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome knowing the maps against noobs. Played warlord on h2a and dominated 19 & 4, got the invisibility cloak everytime and ended up with a power play achievement.

Basically just doing this :)

Last edited:
Matchmaking is functional now, albeit still flawed.

Just played 5 or so games; can be great fun, but if there's another big issue, it's the balancing. I just played a game where all the high-ranks were on one team, and all the noobs (including myself) were on the other, and as if that weren't bad enough, it was 5v4. It's frustrating having a Lockdown map completely dominated to the point where you can't even get close to the decent weapons.

I'm certain two of them weren't; the game just paired them with the other high levels.

With that in mind though, there really should be a mercenary mode like there is in the CoD Games. Going against a party of 4-5 high quality players is too big of a disadvantage & makes the game painfully unfun, especially when the team I'm on is full of people with as much experience as myself.

So far the patch has changed "searching for players" to "players found" for me.

Yet to ever get in one game. But progress, I guess.
Sometimes you just gotta wait about 3-4 minutes. Matchmaking definitely works now, it's just slow.

Spent the last couple of hours playing online, and honestly, the balancing really is abysmal. I played about 10 games, and around about 8 of them had an odd number of players which gives one team a huge advantage, and as it turns out, I'm always on the team with a man less, sometimes 2.

There are times where I'm waiting 5 minutes in a lobby with a party of 6, and the very second an extra player joins, the match starts, 4 v 3. It's a joke.

I don't think the matchmaking issue pre-patch has improved much either; I still can go several minutes without seeing a soul in the lobby. There's about a 80% chance you'll be locked on the dreaded 'Found Players' message, but nothing will actually happen so you have to re-enter.

Spent the last couple of hours playing online, and honestly, the balancing really is abysmal. I played about 10 games, and around about 8 of them had an odd number of players which gives one team a huge advantage, and as it turns out, I'm always on the team with a man less, sometimes 2.

There are times where I'm waiting 5 minutes in a lobby with a party of 6, and the very second an extra player joins, the match starts, 4 v 3. It's a joke.

I don't think the matchmaking issue pre-patch has improved much either; I still can go several minutes without seeing a soul in the lobby. There's about a 80% chance you'll be locked on the dreaded 'Found Players' message, but nothing will actually happen so you have to re-enter.

Finally got in a game last night. It was team BR's and I was on the side that had 2 vs 4. I think we had one AFK player, so it made it almost impossible. Managed to get more kills than I was expecting, but was constantly outnumbered in engagements.

Finally got in a game last night. It was team BR's and I was on the side that had 2 vs 4. I think we had one AFK player, so it made it almost impossible. Managed to get more kills than I was expecting, but was constantly outnumbered in engagements.
Lol perhaps I was playing you

I was in a team of 4 versing 2 with 1 AFK on shrine

I was playing for the last 2-3 hours, and now that I've actually played the game, I'm about a 90% chance to refund it tomorrow.

Halo 2 is the most cancerous, frustrating, disgusting online games I've ever played. Not only do the stupid, boring idiots in every lobby vote Team Slayer BRs every single round, but I've never seen such extreme grenade spam in my life. For a newb like myself, the game is literally impossible to get into, and I've had games that go 0-19.

Destiny's crucible multiplayer is about 100 times better in my opinion.

I was playing for the last 2-3 hours, and now that I've actually played the game, I'm about a 90% chance to refund it tomorrow.

Halo 2 is the most cancerous, frustrating, disgusting online games I've ever played. Not only do the stupid, boring idiots in every lobby vote Team Slayer BRs every single round, but I've never seen such extreme grenade spam in my life. For a newb like myself, the game is literally impossible to get into, and I've had games that go 0-19.

Destiny's crucible multiplayer is about 100 times better in my opinion.

:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you do, but personally, I don't see the appeal of the BRs & how they completely diminish the usefulness of all the non-heavy weapons, or having a grenade or 3 thrown at me every 5 seconds.

Just played another hour & fair to say it gets better when you're winning... and when you're not playing against people who have 1000 hours experience... and when not every game mode you play is Team Slayer BR.

Grenades are still annoying as s**t; the game would be far better if the carrying capacity was capped at 1. I also wish people would play Big Team Battle where they're nowhere near as overpowered.

Last edited:
Maybe try 3? You only start with 2 grenades in that. 2A is different from original Halo2 MP.
You start with 2 grenades in 2 Anniversary as well.

It's mostly a problem in team slayer games with 8-10 players on small maps like Warlord & Lockdown. It's like everywhere I go, somehow a grenade or two gets lobbed right at my feet.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if I could choose what gamemode I wanted to play, but alas, it comes down to a vote, and in my experiences, Team Slayer BR gets voted about 90% of the time.

GB once you learn the maps you'll pick up. Why I've dominating and I'm average, and its because I played this to death 10 years ago so I know where all the best spots are.

2 Anniversary.
It's all about jumping, melee-ing and grenading in Halo. Funnily enough, shooting is just for support IMO.

Combine these three well and you should start to dominate.

Also once you start to learn the map and where the power weapons are you'll get better. Big part of Halo is map control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back