Vale Phillip Hughes - 1988 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could have anything right now it would be to see Warner and Haddin both make tons, in a partnership of 250 that wins us the test :cry::cry::cry:

Or a partnership of 345 as 408 (his Baggy Green number) - 63 n/o = 345.

10828166_896306627047811_4464317944102011425_o.jpg

i live pretty close to an oval. just heard some yelling coming from that direction so i went out the front to investigate.

approx 25 players and spectators standing arm in arm shouting "PHILLIP HUGHES" over and over

That video was very tough to watch. Can't imagine how they feel.

How on earth are these players going to play a test match next week

Whenever they first go out on the field with their Baggy greens, it won't be easy, but it's amazing how quickly the human spirit can pick up and move forward. There will be tears and anguish, but I think the quicker they get on with it, the better off they will be.

One thing may be that Clarke is more likely to be fit for Adelaide - I think it would be best if he was out there on the field with the boys.

More beautiful poetry, this one by a lady called Abi who posted it on Facebook (it's since been reposted a few times, gratefully with her credit.)

As he walked towards the heavens gates, he stood there all alone
And turned his face back to the world,and the country he had called home
He saw the tear stained faces
That spanned Australia wide
For the little bloke from Macksville
Who tragically had died.
He spun to face Saint Peter, with his cap and bat in hand
he asked
"Please don't let my friends and family suffer,
Just help them if you can"
Saint Peter embraced the saddened Man and held him strong and true
"They'll never be alone my son, they'll forever still have you."
"Although you had to leave them,
And that world you did depart.
A piece of you forever remains in each of their sad hearts"
As Hughes had turned to enter heaven through the stunning Golden gate
A voice yelled from the shadows "Come over here now mate".
Bradman stood there grinning with a bat and ball in hand.
He put his arm around Phil's shoulder and said "You're up to bat young man".

nearly bawled my eyes out seeing clarke deliver that. truly painful to watch.

the fact that hughesy was only a year younger than me doing what he loves best only to die from it nearly broke me down seeing it. it scared the s**t out of me and made me realise how important our lives are and our family and friends

vale phillip hughes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put my neck on the line the here and say that I'm not sure that a State memorial service is the right thing to happen. As upsetting and tragic as this is those sort of things should be reserved for those who have devoted their life to public service. I felt the same way about Jim Stynes.

I'll put my neck on the line the here and say that I'm not sure that a State memorial service is the right thing to happen. As upsetting and tragic as this is those sort of things should be reserved for those who have devoted their life to public service. I felt the same way about Jim Stynes.
I sort of agree to an extent, but it's the fact that people are saying, "Oh he was just a cricketer, yes it was tragic but who really cares" sort of thing thats annoys me

nearly bawled my eyes out seeing clarke deliver that. truly painful to watch.

the fact that hughesy was only a year younger than me doing what he loves best only to die from it nearly broke me down seeing it. it scared the s**t out of me and made me realise how important our lives are and our family and friends

vale phillip hughes.

You should always tell your loved ones what they mean to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back