2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I get paid on Friday so will sign up then.

It's funny this campaign, it's all about gaining groundswell and being able to make people feel part of something. Quite clever, as it sort of breeds an infectious attitude of being part of something worthwhile.

Personally I don't usually sign up until just before season start as often I consider not bothering, given there's no real benefit to me. But I will sign up early this year just to help the numbers, as it will in turn hopefully achieve the aim of keeping a bandwagon going and encouraging others.

Still frustrated though that I tried to literally donate cash to the club last year via my company, and they didn't follow up. It was a drop in the ocean for them I'm sure, but worth a few memberships.

Now I get to watch games online, it's better value as an overseas member, but I lost rights to finals tickets when we make it back there. I don't mind so much though as it's tough for the club to do much. Interstate and NZ members could get a better treatment though I reckon based on some stories on here and other fan forums.
I live in Tassie and get a package I am happy with. The service from the Club has been excellent and the communication has improved out of sight.

Looks like they're challenging each player to sign up 25 players. In the photos that went up on Facebook today, they have checklists in front of them.
10422308_10152713965738183_574486216558510730_n.jpg

I want Billy to call me so I can talk to him about WoW and get an idea of how into it he is. I used to play it a few years ago and it can be super addictive and a massive time sink.

I'll also tell him he has it easy these days and tell him horrible stories about 6 hour Molten Core clears with Trash resetting halfway through. Bloody kids these days get everything on a silver platter.

i used to love it too and gee it does sap you of time. no way could i find time for it now that i have kids

It strikes me that the club is missing another trick here with its member recruiting.

Times are down for the club just now, but they're putting a positive push on, and that's great. But one big selling point is getting on the bandwagon early. Commit now, to be a part of a successful future.
To most on-the-fence people, the thing that will get them over the line, is "whats in it for me?". Often these 'fencers' just won't go to any more than one or two games.* They will almost sign up as a sort of charitable donation, which can be difficult to justify without any tangible return.

My proposal is that the club should offer something in the future, in return for signing up now. Sign up in a time of need for the club. Be loyal to the club. And if you are a member for the next 5 years, you get X as a gift. If you're a member for the next 10, you get Y as a gift.
Being a member when we rise to the top will have perks of its own, but having something special that other members jumping on late don't have, will mean something.

* Ive always thought AFL is the only sport where in a major city like Melbourne, everyone has a club, but for the most part its a random spread throughout the area in terms of where club loyalties lie. Someone who lives in Richmond is possibly no more likely to support the Tigers as any other Vic club. Everyone has a team, which is great, but for so many different reasons. It must make it really difficult to just decide to go to a game with your mates, as in all likelihood a group of 4 mates will support 3 or 4 different clubs. Doesn't really happen as much in the UK, where people stay local to a location or a big club, so generally there'll be plenty of supporters of the same club in a group of friends.

I reckon the news that kids get in to Sunday games could be the clincher that gets us over the 25,000 line before Christmas. Given the plethora of Sunday games we have next year, it's like the AFL just made most of our games half price for families. Buy your adult memberships, and take the kids to games for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been a member for about 8-9 years (I know poor form) but just signed myself the missus and bubs up.

I'm not going to be a closet/bandwagon supporter this time round.

if I hadn't of joined BF a few weeks back I probably wouldn't have, you guys have got me excited for the future.

great work buddy!!!!!!

Haven't been a member for about 8-9 years (I know poor form) but just signed myself the missus and bubs up.

I'm not going to be a closet/bandwagon supporter this time round.

if I hadn't of joined BF a few weeks back I probably wouldn't have, you guys have got me excited for the future.
Bigfooty: giving you footy-wood since 2003.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back