Competition FIRA pre-competition discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I might keep the superleague name but French it up real good and call it the Superligue

I think we're getting somewhere

Edit:

CwRfjAv.png

I've gone for a bit of a more classic look with the Ligue Mondiale logo trying to evoke the idea that the Ligue Mondiale has been around for a long time with the Superligue being the next level up competition that sprung up recently, as if the Ligue Mondiale is the English Football League and the Superligue is the Premier League.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I might keep the superleague name but French it up real good and call it the Superligue

Edit:

CwRfjAv.png

I've gone for a bit of a more classic look with the Ligue Mondiale logo trying to evoke the idea that the Ligue Mondiale has been around for a long time with the Superligue being the next level up competition that sprung up recently, as if the Ligue Mondiale is the English Football League and the Superligue is the Premier League.

Thoughts?
Tiny issue, tighten up the kerning between the R and A in FIRA, the S and U in Super and the I and G in Ligue. Mondiale looks fine, except maybe the O and N

Edit:

CwRfjAv.png

Thoughts?

Like the Ligue Mondiale logo, not too fussed with the Super League one.

Awesome, i'll have another crack at the Superligue one to bring it more in line with the style of the Ligue Mondiale one tomorrow.

Okay, i've abandoned my idea of the logos looking different for each league and i'm going to go with the below, depending on feedback. Thoughts?

TkULC8k.png

Maybe you could try a more stylised/abstract logo for the SuperLeague, something more modern rather than looking classic but still an extension of the Ligue Mondiale logo.

I'll keep playing around with it and posting things here until the nominations are over.

If other people have ideas, feel free to post them in the mean time.

Edit:

CwRfjAv.png

Thoughts?
I love this set up, SUPER LIGUE logo is king

Yeah I like the Superligue logo as well. I'm obviously trialling all these on my Birmingham Bears design and I love the way the Superligue shield shaped one sits on the guernsey.

As Rabbitoh20 says, I do need to fix up the kerning though.

Maybe you could try a more stylised/abstract logo for the SuperLeague, something more modern rather than looking classic but still an extension of the Ligue Mondiale logo.

I went a little bit berserk here just having a go at that sort of abstract colourful league logo. I think I like the Shield Superligue logo better.

I might try to integrate the star into a Ligue Mondiale style logo. We'll see.

HRiDHMd.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably not going to design any more logos for this.

We'll be going with the circle logo with the wreath for the Ligue Mondiale. I'll probably have a vote between the ones i've posted for the Superligue.

If someone else wants to design one, be my guest. There are lots of better logo designers than me on this board.

I'll probably put the poll up in the week leading up to the new year. I'm still aiming to announce the franchises and divisions around January 1.

I went a little bit berserk here just having a go at that sort of abstract colourful league logo. I think I like the Shield Superligue logo better.

HRiDHMd.png

If you can send me the star part of this logo I will have a play around with a couple of ideas I have for it.

HRiDHMd.png
Great logo that would look absolutely terrible on a jumper :(

If you can send me the star part of this logo I will have a play around with a couple of ideas I have for it.

I have it as a photoshop file that I can probably get to you as well if that helps.

6HTjhTo.png

Once I see what craegus comes up with, i'll put it to a poll for the Superligue logo based on the concepts so far.

The Ligue Mondiale logo will be this one. If the Superligue logo is voted the same design, i'll make the text on this one red.

NSYpC3F.png

So I have had several goes at getting a Superleague logo with the star working (had several ideas before beginning) and came up with squat that looked good.

I then had a look around online for inspiration and came across a different league name that just lent itself to a logo. So if it pleases, I present my concept for the FIRA top league:

The FIRA Elite One

Full League logo:

EliteOneLogoFull_zpsd04140e4.png

Guernsey Logo (colours would be changeable {in a two colour scheme} or could be converted to solid white on dark guernseys):

EliteOneLogoJersey_zps9c762682.png

I love the colour change craegus. I think that works really well. The only issue might be for someone with stripes or something where the logo goes over two colours, but a stroke could easily be employed obviously.

I'm happy to take submissions on this until about boxing day or so.

I love the colour change craegus. I think that works really well. The only issue might be for someone with stripes or something where the logo goes over two colours, but a stroke could easily be employed obviously.

I'm happy to take submissions on this until about boxing day or so.

Thanks, that was the last part of the whole thing coming together, I tried to keep the 5 colours but it just didn't work, so utilising the two previous logo colours seemed a logical next step.

A stroke works, if recolouring is permitted it could eliminate the issue as well, so would adding a background to the logo (to make it more like a patch). There are several options for people depending on the set limitations for the logo and what design and colours they are using.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back