Changes for Boxing Day - In: J.Burns Out: M.Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm convinced Ludeman or Wade would be more worthwhile in the side than a 37yo that's had one good series with the bat in 3 years yes.
Based on Ludeman's FC average of 25?

He may not be. I like Marsh and want it to work for him but he just doesn't seem to have the head for test cricket.
What about the crucial century he scored against South Africa three Tests ago?

Struggling against India playing away doesn't fill me with confidence him in England either.
Why? That seems like a long bow to draw.

Cowan is in sparkling form in the shield. While we have top order players consistently giving nothing I think he should be given another chance although he must make it count this time.
Shaun Marsh was also in good Sheffield Shield form before being recalled. Now you want him dropped after one Test.

Based on Ludeman's FC average of 25?

Anything would likely be better than Haddin at the moment. Anything.

Shaun Marsh was also in good Sheffield Shield form before being recalled. Now you want him dropped after one Test.

Would love for him to prove me wrong but I don't think it will happen. Cowan is in very good form, would be a good option for #3 and may well then be able to open when Rogers finishes up in a year or so. Watson performing like he does at #3 is utterly ridiculous.

Anything would likely be better than Haddin at the moment. Anything.
You can't just start picking guys out of a hat because Haddin is out of form.

Would love for him to prove me wrong but I don't think it will happen. Cowan is in very good form, would be a good option for #3 and may well then be able to open when Rogers finishes up in a year or so.
Again, you seem to be ignoring the fact that Shaun Marsh was also in good FC form before he was recalled and that he scored an excellent Test century three matches ago. Those are the reasons for his selection.

I agree that Cowan could replace Rogers some time next year. But that's not a reason to pick him now.

I'm convinced Ludeman or Wade would be more worthwhile in the side than a 37yo that's had one good series with the bat in 3 years yes.
No one would be more happy to see Ludeman in the side, but seriously he's about 6th in line, one innings in a T20 and wango people want him in the test team - not realistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Henriques will get another go at some point.

Henriques is behind Mitch Marsh and competing for the same spot

I'm taking the piss out people's tendency to go onto cricinfo and look at the leading runscorers/wickettakers when selecting teams by suggesting Christian.

I reckon Henriques will get another go at some point.
I would love to see him back as a 4th seamer. But Christian has been batting at 3 for Victoria so he is pretty much a straight swap for Watson

I can just imagine the first test of the Ashes next year. Overcast conditions with Anderson and Broad running in to face our number 3 - Dan Christian
Same with Watson tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back