2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 & 1st round comp pick (So I think it worked out to be 10 & 11) for Brown & Crouch.

Not quite. If we had activated the compensation pick the year we got it, it would have reverted to an after first round pick due to the GWS draft concessions. It ended up being activated by GWS in 2012, when we finished second.

So the bombers threaten to boycott Nab Challenge unless doping is back dated.

Well if the AFL has any credibility it will let the bombers boycott.

They won't but they should.
Agree - let them boycott.

So players can now pre-empt their penalties?

Do they want the AFL to lose all their federal sponsorship, because they want protection from the alleged doping program...

Terrible news - would think that may be the end of his career, before it really got started.

Yeah even in the photos in the article he looks to have lost a heap of muscularity and tone. I'd imagine he'd be pushing it uphill from here to get back.

Particularly when it's a staff infection of sorts that seems to be causing the dramas, something I don't think I've ever heard about in an athlete.

So the bombers threaten to boycott Nab Challenge unless doping is back dated.

Well if the AFL has any credibility it will let the bombers boycott.

They won't but they should.

This stance is hilarious. 2 days ago Hird said that he wanted the provisional suspensions lifted so thy could play. Now they're not going to?

Methinks the AFL told them, yeah alright, you can play NAB games but that means any bans can't be backdated. So in typical Essendon fashion the toys are out of the cot.

I don't get the backdating thing. All players involved have been free to play and train at the club since the investigation started, so how can that time make up part of any suspension that may be applied to them?

I don't get the backdating thing. All players involved have been free to play and train at the club since the investigation started, so how can that time make up part of any suspension that may be applied to them?
It is an absurd notion. I still maintain the players will get hefty bans that will be conveniently 'served' by the time round one comes around. It is ridiculous.

This stance is hilarious. 2 days ago Hird said that he wanted the provisional suspensions lifted so thy could play. Now they're not going to?

Methinks the AFL told them, yeah alright, you can play NAB games but that means any bans can't be backdated. So in typical Essendon fashion the toys are out of the cot.
It's going to get even messier, as they have dug a hole they can't get out of.

The AFLPA have been pathetic through the whole saga too.

Isn't today, Golden Boy's big day in the courts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They haven't been 'free' so to speak. The ones in the Northern Territory were okayed to play and Jobe and Fletcher had to be given an exemption for the International series from the AFL Commission. The training was always allowed.

Came here to post the exact same thing.

It just doesn't add up. If I ever get sentenced to jail for 10 years and it takes them 9 years to convict me while I've been free, can I ask them to backdate it so I only serve one year? No. Do the crime, do the time.

Essendon are digging themselves deeper and deeper and quickly becoming the most hated club in the AFL.

Came here to post the exact same thing.

It just doesn't add up. If I ever get sentenced to jail for 10 years and it takes them 9 years to convict me while I've been free, can I ask them to backdate it so I only serve one year? No. Do the crime, do the time.

Essendon are digging themselves deeper and deeper and quickly becoming the most hated club in the AFL.

They haven't been free to play at all. What I gather is they have been banned from playing full stop as part of their provisional suspension at receiving an Infraction Notice. They were given permission to continue training as well. This is why exemptions for Watson and Fletcher had to be granted for the IR series.

They are currently banned already from playing in the NAB cup if the decision on the tribunal takes longer. It is due to adjourn on the 18 Feb for the decision of the Tribunal. It could be all sorted before the NAB cup starts anyway.

Athletes in other sports have voluntarily stopped competing in other sports when they have faced an Infraction Notice and if they were found guilty then the penalties were backdated to the time of them stopping competing. So this is a nothing threat really, unless it is the rest of the team threatening to be part of the wet flannel protest. Does Jobe not remember his sit down protest rally and how well that actually worked?

This is a stupid Mark Robinson article who has no understanding of the process really and is trying to get people offended on behalf of Essendon. Instead, like always, most people are laughing at the stupidity of him and the Bombers.

They haven't been free to play at all. What I gather is they have been banned from playing full stop as part of their provisional suspension at receiving an Infraction Notice. They were given permission to continue training as well. This is why exemptions for Watson and Fletcher had to be granted for the IR series.

They are currently banned already from playing in the NAB cup if the decision on the tribunal takes longer. It is due to adjourn on the 18 Feb for the decision of the Tribunal. It could be all sorted before the NAB cup starts anyway.

Athletes in other sports have voluntarily stopped competing in other sports when they have faced an Infraction Notice and if they were found guilty then the penalties were backdated to the time of them stopping competing. So this is a nothing threat really, unless it is the rest of the team threatening to be part of the wet flannel protest. Does Jobe not remember his sit down protest rally and how well that actually worked?

This is a stupid Mark Robinson article who has no understanding of the process really and is trying to get people offended on behalf of Essendon. Instead, like always, most people are laughing at the stupidity of him and the Bombers.
Serious question - since when were they banned? I'm not as up with the saga as I should be, as I got sick of it. If that's happened, it's slipped right under my rader. I was under the impression no official decision had been made and all pending sanctions were after Hird's appeal.

Serious question - since when were they banned? I'm not as up with the saga as I should be, as I got sick of it. If that's happened, it's slipped right under my rader. I was under the impression no official decision had been made and all pending sanctions were after Hird's appeal.
I think once the players were given infraction notices that means they're then banned until it's proven they're innocent/guilty?

I think once the players were given infraction notices that means they're then banned until it's proven they're innocent/guilty?
Right. I was under the impression that once the infraction notices are sent out, they are free to play as normal, then they face the tribunal, and then a decision is made.

Hear one thing and then another. The whole situation is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back