Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he probably is not
unless he had a fantastic year of course

I have wondered if he did, how many opposition teams would come sniffing
considering that he has been very inconsistent in the past
I think Carlton would be all over him. Would fit the age range recruiting model quite well. In a trade sense, not that need to trade for him, they would offer a 3rd rounder and decline a second rounder, yet once he is there he is the new messiah. Created just to lift their forward line to relevance!
(no shortage of suitors I will expect, even if he has a poor year and plays well in the VFL)

I think Carlton would be all over him. Would fit the age range recruiting model quite well. In a trade sense, not that need to trade for him, they would offer a 3rd rounder and decline a second rounder, yet once he is there he is the new messiah. Created just to lift their forward line to relevance!
(no shortage of suitors I will expect, even if he has a poor year and plays well in the VFL)
I actually thought he would suit Brisbane

he could also use the extra sunlight ;)

I thought he could use extra cream on the side from Carlton....
Would not be surprised if he ended up at GWS, they have a bulldogs fetish that must be satiated!

Didn't Brisbane ask about him the season before last?

He could end up another Farren Ray. High draft pick who couldn't find consistent form only to go elsewhere and become a solid contributor. *sigh*

Didn't Brisbane ask about him the season before last?

He could end up another Farren Ray. High draft pick who couldn't find consistent form only to go elsewhere and become a solid contributor. *sigh*
I believe they might have expressed interest

I hope that is not the case, I'd rather have him with us for depth purposes
but if he wanted more opportunities elsewhere; I would certainly understand

Mate our depth runs out after about the 14th bloke on our list

If he struggles to get a game with us unless his performances improved dramatically he'd struggle anywhere. There's a lot of talk on this board about our depth - unfortunately it's a myth

If he struggles to get a game with us unless his performances improved dramatically he'd struggle anywhere. There's a lot of talk on this board about our depth - unfortunately it's a myth
That is why we have to build some, delisting every player that isn't a star at the end of each season certainly wouldn't be the right way to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might make the call early...

If M Boyd can't retain his spot in the side in the first month, he's done. Shame because he is so experienced and is a mature body in the midfield. TBH though, where else could you play him if not in the middle?

Think we have too many better midfield options who use the ball better.

Don't get me wrong...I love the guy. He is a champion. But, even Crossy was found wanting in the end and you just can't carry players because they're good blokes. If that was the case, Dougie would have played 500 games in the Red, White and Blue.

I think several of our poor kicks will kick dramatically better this year. It all depends on how the side responds to the coach

I think several of our poor kicks will kick dramatically better this year. It all depends on how the side responds to the coach

The thing with kicking is if you're kicking to a bloke in space the kick is all of a sudden going to look a lot better. Think one of our issues last year is because we spread so poorly, our kicks had to be millimeter perfect otherwise it was a turnover more often than not.

The thing with kicking is if you're kicking to a bloke in space the kick is all of a sudden going to look a lot better. Think one of our issues last year is because we spread so poorly, our kicks had to be millimeter perfect otherwise it was a turnover more often than not.
Yep. If a teams playing to sound structure- look at hawthorn with their running at "45"s, it creates space forward of the ball and creates one on ones in the forward line with plenty of room to kick to advantage

M Boyd's real value this season may come in the final two-thirds when the younger bodies start getting repeat-beaten by mature opposition in the middle and stoppages each week. Only Libba, Wallis and Stevens would really be up to the physical fitness needed to carry the season. Perhaps Goodes if elevated.

Slow ball movement made it so much more difficult to find any space, so average kickers of the ball in our side were made to look so much worse. I just hope we get the balance right and we give our forward line more opportunity with quick ball movement and long kicking to one on ones. Doesn't have to be millimetre perfect it just has to be fast enough to disable cover and third man up situations in our forward line. Gives forwards more space to lead into to when their is not 3 or 4 opposition players right in front of their leading space. That's why I hope that if players are chosen who are great kicks of the ball I'd rather they be fast/take the game on/ strong overheard over pure ability to find the football/extract it from the middle.

Port aren't an exceptional kicking team but they do everything in their power to make kicking easier for their players

Will Langford is waiting till the season starts to talk contract extension with hawks
Throw some cash his way dogs
Do we really need a player like him though?

I'd like to have Langford at the club, but I wouldn't be putting a lucrative offer in front of him.

A player who makes things happen and stands up under the intense pressure of finals football? I think we could find a place for him:p
Please. We have Jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back