No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes redacted because it is BS. If that so called information was leaked then certainly player names would have been also. Why after 2 years would players now admit knowingly being injected with banned substances? does not make sense to me. Like i said before if I am wrong then we have all been played like fools.

The names are redacted because they contain the medical history of players and so forth which is confidential information.

I don't believe any of the rumours being bandied about at present. Let's wait til we hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't get this notion of Hird needs to go if players get banned the Cronulla coach is still there. I can understand if players miss half the year or more but not if they only miss 2 or 3 games.
Hird will walk if players get banned. And players won't miss 2-3 games. It's either a 2 year ban (or 6 month ban to the one player if the rumours are to be believed) or nil. And in the case of a ban, he must go.

We don't know what will happen to Hird for about another month and a half, so there is no use speculating

Hird will walk if players get banned. And players won't miss 2-3 games. It's either a 2 year ban (or 6 month ban to the one player if the rumours are to be believed) or nil. And in the case of a ban, he must go.

We don't know what will happen to Hird for about another month and a half, so there is no use speculating

What if the players don't want him to go? the players have a strong belief that Hird has done nothing wrong unless it's proven to them or Hird himself admits it he wont go imo.

If Hird has to go in the end i want Harvey at the helm I'll be upset if it's one of Craig or Mark Neeld.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That nagging voice in my head saying that players have took banned substances has got louder and louder over the past few months. I really think we need to prepare ourselves that players will face bans and what happens to the club from there? I really don't know. It seems like asada have put forward a case from a number of different angles. No "smoking gun" as such, but enough to place banned substances at the club, injection schedules and now possibly a player admitting to being injected with it.

The club has been positive throughout, but we have to be honest, they have been positive and not one thing has gone our way. This is a bit of a doomsday post, but I feel that we need to be ready for player bans. If it does happen, it will be a very difficult time for e club and supporters.

That nagging voice in my head saying that players have took banned substances has got louder and louder over the past few months. I really think we need to prepare ourselves that players will face bans and what happens to the club from there? I really don't know. It seems like asada have put forward a case from a number of different angles. No "smoking gun" as such, but enough to place banned substances at the club, injection schedules and now possibly a player admitting to being injected with it.

The club has been positive throughout, but we have to be honest, they have been positive and not one thing has gone our way. This is a bit of a doomsday post, but I feel that we need to be ready for player bans. If it does happen, it will be a very difficult time for e club and supporters.

The club has plans in place if I'm not mistaken should the worse happen I think the club will be ok.

The club has plans in place if I'm not mistaken should the worse happen I think the club will be ok.
What do you think they might be? If 18 current players are banned for a year, as well as 16 past players, what plans will make us ok? I can't think of any. I can see players suing the club, I can see players walking out, I can see member numbers drop and I see a long road to recovery.

Like I said very doomsday like, but significant player bans would devastate us. I can't see any other way around it.

What if the players don't want him to go? the players have a strong belief that Hird has done nothing wrong unless it's proven to them or Hird himself admits it he wont go imo.

If Hird has to go in the end i want Harvey at the helm I'll be upset if it's one of Craig or Mark Neeld.
If players get any bans, no matter how insignificant, then Hird was part of a leadership group that oversaw players receive banned substances. Sorry, but no matter how many people want him to stay he and the rest involved must go for us to be able to move on from this complete debacle.

What do you think they might be? If 18 current players are banned for a year, as well as 16 past players, what plans will make us ok? I can't think of any. I can see players suing the club, I can see players walking out, I can see member numbers drop and I see a long road to recovery.

Like I said very doomsday like, but significant player bans would devastate us. I can't see any other way around it.
no youre right, it would be a complete catastrophe. If the bans are near two years, which is now possible if players did know they received TB4 and lied, then the very existence of the club could be threatened from law suites. This is obviously the worst case scenario but the fact it is even remotely possible is horrendous

no youre right, it would be a complete catastrophe. If the bans are near two years, which is now possible if players did know they received TB4 and lied, then the very existence of the club could be threatened from law suites. This is obviously the worst case scenario but the fact it is even remotely possible is horrendous

The bolded bit is news to me where has this come from?

I know my user name is BOMBERS4LIFE but i would probably give the game away,it will be too devastating for me witnessing the carnage unfold would probably follow another sport.

Last edited:

Well NLM claims he'll go after the AFL and not the club if players cops bans but who knows.

At the end of the day who knows what's going to happen i just pray to god if s**t does hit the fan the AFL has contingency plans that won't bring the club to it's knees financially and anchored to the bottom of the ladder for decades.

The bolded bit is news to me where has this come from?

I know my user name is BOMBERS4LIFE but i would probably give the game away,it will be too devastating for me witnessing the carnage unfold would probably follow another sport.
well if one player knew he received TB4 then obviously more would have known. I'm not saying they knew it was banned at the time they received it, but not owning up to it when asked by ASADA is lying. They have gone all the way to the end game claiming they either didnt know what they had or they believed what they had was within the rules. IF this latest revelation about a player confession is true the payers and the club lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back