Suspended past and present Essendon players may need AFL approval to play NAB Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

what if asada presented all there evidence to the review panel, and they recommended additional charges
Possible but not probable. My information is that they have introduced other substances to show that banned substances were on the premises of the EFC. This will increase the likelihood that any Thymosin was the banned type. It also shows that Dank was not averse to handling banned drugs and so it discredits any defense that he was using thymomodulin or Thymosin alpha 1 because he was worried about the status of TB4.

well Dank was accused of using CJC at the Suns. Maybe they just dont have enough evidence to charge players for using more than TB4. Would it result in larger penalties if they were?
The evidence for other peptides is much harder to prove. Dank covered his tracks better when it came to linking them to the players.

Maybe because against a powerful, litigious reciever of charges......1 Gold Stamped charge is enough and all you need.

I'm thinking more in line with the Essendon supporters claim (hope) that the case is circumstantial and/or that not every stage can be proven.

The case for TB4 would be the strongest and there is no sense allowing doubts to creep into the 'strong' case by presenting weaker cases alongside. (they should be treated seprately, but it's human nature that if case1 is exposed as having a hole and was still presented then you'll be more suspicious of case2)

fair point. I wonder what these revelations say about the Weapon? Especially given he and Dank talked about calling the injections 'amino acids' to stop alarm
It shows that a Dank wasn't doing this on his own. The weapon knew what was happening. Let's face it. He was getting more and more press stating what a miracle worker he was (he can thank Brian Taylor). Most probably Hird knew too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

call me
cynical but i think they'll mention the other charges once the TB4 is proven. Stop the appeals process in it's tracks.

I'm less cynical, in that I don't necessarily think it's a deliberate ploy, but you're right that ASADA keeping these cards up their sleeve makes a protracted appeals process less likely. Where's the motivation in fighting the charges if it means that you're just going to be hit with other charges later - which would mean starting the whole two-year process again - even in the event that the appeal is successful?

Has a charge sheet been released? Patrick keanes tweets indicate mutliple substances are being referred to at the Tribunal.

Everything I've read has stated players charged with administering TB4 - Multiple substances could refer to Dank.

I repeat. Where is a definitive list of charges being currently tested by the Tribunal?

I stand by my claim that what has been publically released is that players have been charged with taking TB4.

And that the players hearing is being held alongside Dank's hearing.

I understand that, but it seems strange to me to ask a player to show cause why they shouldn't put on the RoF for taking drug A, and then charge them for taking drug B.
Everything I've read has stated players charged with administering TB4 - Multiple substances could refer to Dank.
Dank served players TB4. Hird knew. Hird wont speak out against Dank in case Dank speaks out against Hird. Joint enterprise. Own it. Cop a small penalty. Move on. Seriously this is not a big deal. Noone cares about Warney missing a year. Relax.

I stand by my claim that what has been publically released is that players have been charged with taking TB4.

And that the players hearing is being held alongside Dank's hearing.
Multiple substances were at the club and used by the players. Like AOD they don't appear to have been charged for anything other than TB4- yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back