2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and the Sixers got flogged in the first final, the curse of the SA team continues. Let's hope they bounce back

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...joining-essendon/story-fnii0667-1227241111621

EAGLES midfielder Jared Petrenko sought advice from three people including former Crows teammate Ian Callinan before joining AFL club Essendon as a top-up player this week.

Always liked Pets so I hope he comes from the graveyard of ALF players to secure a place on the list for next year. This is obviously his final chance probably needs to be selfish and makes sure he kicks 2 goals a game and does all the hard work as part of a forward.

While it must be great to be an AFL player it must be devastating to lose that privilege.

. That is the reason why I no longer bet on anything other than myself. At least I know I will be trying my hardest to win, not relying on other peoples' hidden agendas.

I like a punt, are you a jockey, athlete, politician? Can you PM me when your next racing so I can sling a few dollars on you.

Something else that surprised me this week was Barry Hall. Getting to know about the Big Bad Bustling Bazza on I'm a celebrity get me out of here (yeah, I know, wasn't going to watch but got sucked in). He has OCD - a neat/clean freak. And he's a big ol' softy. And Merv's a frickin pest!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...joining-essendon/story-fnii0667-1227241111621

EAGLES midfielder Jared Petrenko sought advice from three people including former Crows teammate Ian Callinan before joining AFL club Essendon as a top-up player this week.

Always liked Pets so I hope he comes from the graveyard of ALF players to secure a place on the list for next year. This is obviously his final chance probably needs to be selfish and makes sure he kicks 2 goals a game and does all the hard work as part of a forward.

While it must be great to be an AFL player it must be devastating to lose that privilege.
Even more reason for the Don's players to be rubbed out for the season :)

Something else that surprised me this week was Barry Hall. Getting to know about the Big Bad Bustling Bazza on I'm a celebrity get me out of here (yeah, I know, wasn't going to watch but got sucked in). He has OCD - a neat/clean freak. And he's a big ol' softy. And Merv's a frickin pest!
It's well know Merv is pest in the MJ mould.

However, it public Merv hates people going up to him.

Didn't know that about BBB though. Is that why he has hit so many opposition players - thought they looked unkept? ;)

Its funny how some of these tough guys on the field are super soft off the field, in a nice way when I say that. Robbo stuffs around with Bazza and hits him on AFL 360 regularly lol.

I occasionally chat to Roo (not for a while since being sick) and he is the friendliest open guys you could ever meet. Big softie. :p

It's well know Merv is pest in the MJ mould.

However, it public Merv hates people going up to him.

Didn't know that about BBB though. Is that why he has hit so many opposition players - thought they looked unkept? ;)

Did Barry Hall every throw his weight around in a boxing gym.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles fans would be extremely nervous over the next couple of days. Eric MacKenzie had an awesome 2014 season and if he has done his ACL its a massive blow. Won the clubs B&F, made the AA squad and led the team in both Rebound 50's and marks. Based on 2014 - was a top 2 fullback in the AFL.

They are already worried about Jack Darling and his foot. Not good for them entering the season without their #1 defender and #2 key forward.

Eagles fans would be extremely nervous over the next couple of days. Eric MacKenzie had an awesome 2014 season and if he has done his ACL its a massive blow. Won the clubs B&F, made the AA squad and led the team in both Rebound 50's and marks. Based on 2014 - was a top 2 fullback in the AFL.

They are already worried about Jack Darling and his foot. Not good for them entering the season without their #1 defender and #2 key forward.
Adam Simpson seemed resigned to the fact it was an ACL. Definitely a setback for them. McGovern is on the up track for them. Hoping to see similar from his little bro.

Adam Simpson seemed resigned to the fact it was an ACL. Definitely a setback for them. McGovern is on the up track for them. Hoping to see similar from his little bro.

Yeah - he impressed me last year.

Absolute freak when it comes to contested marking. Would fill a big need inside our 50. Only 22 and played just 13 AFL games, but was ranked #3 in the AFL for contested marks per game. The Eagles would rightly be very high on him.

Eagles have a wealth of quality KPP and Ruckman on their list. They just need a hell of a lot more class running through the middle.

Im wondering if they use him down back and if they do, how well he'll go.

Really feel for players who spend the best part of 4 months busting their gut in PS only to receive an injury like that on the cusp of the season.

Terrible waste. Fingers crossed for him.

Its funny how some of these tough guys on the field are super soft off the field, in a nice way when I say that. Robbo stuffs around with Bazza and hits him on AFL 360 regularly lol.

I occasionally chat to Roo (not for a while since being sick) and he is the friendliest open guys you could ever meet. Big softie. :p
Roo is a champion isn't he?
Wishing you a speedy recovery Grotto.

It's literally seasons over for them if he's gone unfortunately. They have no other other real elite defenders.

It's like us in 2013, the one player we couldn't lose was Tex after just losing Tippett, and we lost him :( Eagles fans will be waiting nervously today for the outcome.

Only thing is that both McGovern and Schofield are not the type of defenders that you put on the elite forwards. I personally really like schofield, always have, but he's more a 3rd defender. McGovern excelled last year playing as loose man across the backline so I think his ability as an actual defender is overstated at this point.

Mitch Brown is going to have to shoulder a huge load this season.

Only thing is that both McGovern and Schofield are not the type of defenders that you put on the elite forwards. I personally really like schofield, always have, but he's more a 3rd defender. McGovern excelled last year playing as loose man across the backline so I think his ability as an actual defender is overstated at this point.

Yeah, you're probably right. I merely threw McGoverns name in there as his younger bro is here and I would like to see a similar rate of improvement now that he is on our list.

Was that a mitch brown injury pun there, if so... well played :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back