Multiplat Dying Light

Remove this Banner Ad

CasuallyDressed will probably unlock co-op about 6.30 - 7pm.

Anyone else going to be playing by then? Let me know.

Otherwise add me : ZFreshBanana

I'm out tonight but should be home around 10-11?

Will jump in then if you're still playing.

Great place to grind weapons at the end of the bridge near the fisherman's village. Little room in the tower right before the bridge is split in half, they keep respawning right outside the door. If you start to get overwhelmed you can just close the door.

Last edited:
This game is awesome. Been playing with mates and it is a blast which should make it a cruisy platinum since we can boost the co op trophies. Played most of the day with one mate where the both of us are compulsive collectors in games. We hardly got a mission done because we kept using environment scan and had to loot every single little thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a blast so far! Really enjoying the daytime and dreading the night. Does a good job of that.

rockstock89 if anyones keen for co op just jump in or invite whenever I'm on. Broke my arm so got a few weeks off work going to be smashing some hours!

I'm not a fan......of the fact that this is going to be a huge timesink!

Have already put in nearly 3 hours and have only done the first real mission once the world opens up. There's a lot of Far Cry about it, it's basically Far Cry Zombie Edition, can quite easily waste hours just searching through s**t and dealing damage to zombies. Basically ends up in missions taking forever to finish as I get sidetracked by collecting everything or bashing every zombies head in or leading them all into electrical traps or spike traps and collecting all their loot!

The combat probably isn't as clean as I'd like, I reckon Dead Island's ability to target limbs would be ideal for this as a lot of the time it's just swing and hope. But it's still enjoyable enough and I'm sure as I get more powerful weapons it'll become more enjoyable as well.

Would also prefer that the parkour was on X rather than R1, just feels a little clunky at times using that button, but the parkour aspect is extremely well done and leads to some surprisingly unintentional puzzle sections.

I'm also finding the story and characters to be better than had been made out, it's not Oscar winning material, but nothing too shabby so far.

On the graphics side of things, it's nice looking but has a lot of nit picky elements to it that I'm not a huge fan of. For one the motion blur being purely when you move the right stick rather than being based on how fast the stick is being moved makes for some horrible flashing in the distances, all that needs is a nice soft ramp up on the right stick movement to make that look great. More minor things like shadows drawing in and almost always being pre-baked into the environment rather than real time is a little immersion breaking too, your character never has a shadow which can be weird when you're in a room with a light shining right at you.

The environments are really nicely done however, everything feels lived in. Although I'd like a bit more of a focus on allowing a player full free roam on rooftops, similar to AC, it seems like there's often too many breaks in buildings or big drops without any way of just continuing a huge run from one side of the world to another.

Overall, very much enjoying it despite some minor faults here and there and can see myself putting a heap of time into this.

Haven't played much yet, but yeah, this game is awesome.

edit: welp, just had my first night phase. This is going to be the Outlast locker fiasco all over again. 2spooky4me.

Just let me kill zombies in the day time :cry:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back