Toast Grundy’s new Temperament

Remove this Banner Ad

After a difficult second season – and remembering his ill disciplined and frustration filled efforts during last year’s NAB Challenge – it was reassuring to see a more level headed and composed performance from a player who we’ll need to play a big part in any future success.

That was a very pleasing thing from Grundy. Did not have a Fantastic Start but unlike last year where he would get Frustrated and start to do some stupid things.

This game he did not seem effected and just kept playing and from the 2nd QTR onwards he had a Impact on the Game.

Good on You Grundy

http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=1985

To be fair, he was only up against Ceglar in the first game, he'll have a bigger challenge vs Cam Wood in game 2.:drunk:
Cam wood was a first round draft pick. Therefore he must be good!

Don't get angry Dave, embrace your love for Grundy.

Well this not about that.

I am just saying how 90% people on here complained about the Stupid Things Grundy did in games last year and the 1st Game he looked like he never was going to do something Stupid

Well this not about that.

I am just saying how 90% people on here complained about the Stupid Things Grundy did in games last year and the 1st Game he looked like he never was going to do something Stupid

I think there was a stat last year in the second half of the season he averaged less than 1 free against per game. I'm not sure of the exact stat but I agree its an area he has improved on.

Edit: I have no problem with you making this thread. Its about an upcoming player that your excited about on an area of his game he's looked to improve on that bigfooty has complained about in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frees against in the ruck have always been a problem for us. Think Darren Jolly or Grundy was/are bad? Go check out Peter Moore or Len Thompson's frees against stats.

He looks considerably fitter this year (even if he sucks at time trials!). That may help with the frees against. If you're not gassed from getting to each ruck contest, you're more composed and able to influence the contest to your team's advantage. He did so much of that against Ceglar & McEvoy, especially around the ground. Promising signs, so let's look for a good follow up performance.

Jono Brown called him the premier young ruckman in the comp and it's a big call but he's doing well for a 20 year old. Lycett at WCE looks class but is 2 years older. I missed the rest of what Brown said but it sounded like "Yeah nar, Simon Black's a champeeyun Duhwayne, kickin goals is grouse n that".

He looks considerably fitter this year (even if he sucks at time trials!). That may help with the frees against. If you're not gassed from getting to each ruck contest, you're more composed and able to influence the contest to your team's advantage. He did so much of that against Ceglar & McEvoy, especially around the ground. Promising signs, so let's look for a good follow up performance.

Jono Brown called him the premier young ruckman in the comp and it's a big call but he's doing well for a 20 year old. Lycett at WCE looks class but is 2 years older. I missed the rest of what Brown said but it sounded like "Yeah nar, Simon Black's a champeeyun Duhwayne, kickin goals is grouse n that".

Agree - a Follow Up would make it even more Promising. Agree him not being as tired getting to each contest make his Concentration lot better

Didn’t the Commentators said we scored a lot of goals from Stoppages?

I liked the way Grundy crashed through some opposition players on Thursday night, using his considerable size and aggression in a 'legal' way. Nice.

I remember seeing him run thru the Middle and there as a Player ahead of him and he just ran straight thru him

Didn't you love the way The Big Fella just kept moving on (past the wreckage) after he slotted that bloke? The young umpire ran up to warn the samurai for being "over physical" but Brodie just jogged on not even worrying what the ump was saying. He is a beast this young fella and hopefully we get to see him seating lots of opposition players on their pants over the next ten seasons or so. Just that bit of play....it was so...Charlie Manson.
Loved it.

Not expecting the world from him this Season, just hoping for consistency and to improve from last Season, everyone can clearly see he has the talent, I'm more then happy to wait a few more Seasons for it to surface.

Not expecting the world from him this Season, just hoping for consistency and to improve from last Season, everyone can clearly see he has the talent, I'm more then happy to wait a few more Seasons for it to surface.

Agree be great when he can do it Consistently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back