Toast Grundy’s new Temperament

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutely love the kid! I can't wait for him to become a consistent contributor to the seniors. There is so much upside for him and Witts in the short and long term future for the Pies.

We could have 2 of the Top 5 Ruckman in the League in a 2-3 Seasons

Didn't you love the way The Big Fella just kept moving on (past the wreckage) after he slotted that bloke? The young umpire ran up to warn the samurai for being "over physical" but Brodie just jogged on not even worrying what the ump was saying. He is a beast this young fella and hopefully we get to see him seating lots of opposition players on their pants over the next ten seasons or so. Just that bit of play....it was so...Charlie Manson.
Loved it.

Slotted the goal? Haha

Yeah I did and it appeared to be Ceglar. Loved that he didn't cross the line but still made a statement.

Agree - a Follow Up would make it even more Promising. Agree him not being as tired getting to each contest make his Concentration lot better

Didn’t the Commentators said we scored a lot of goals from Stoppages?
Most of our goal came from stoppages in the forward 50

Grundy was being praised for a young ruckman coming into the league who just looked like he wanted to hurt people. I don't see how that is a bad thing and why he can't be that aggressive and not give away stupid frees at the same time.

We could have 2 of the Top 5 Ruckman in the League in a 2-3 Seasons

We won't. If they play together in the same team then one or neither will get the sufficient minutes in the ruck to make a case for being in the top 5. If they don't play together in the same team, then only one can obviously become a top 5 ruckman.

Grundy is in for a huge year.

We don't have a ruck problem anymore.

Hell, even Gault does ok as a backup. Pretty good that we have all up 4 ruck options all of which are under 24. Yes, not all 4 options are stars, but they're at least serviceable.

Not expecting the world from him this Season, just hoping for consistency and to improve from last Season, everyone can clearly see he has the talent, I'm more then happy to wait a few more Seasons for it to surface.
Nota bad thought but I for one can see a good chance it will be quicker than that. The common rule is ruckmen take seasons to develop but there are exceptions to every rule. In his 1st Grundy displayed ruck skills and development way ahead of the normal curve. On that basis and because he has stayed well ahead of normal times for ruck development I don't think we will have to wait a few more seasons, he should take another significant step this year and could get near being one of the top 10 in the comp as could Witts

We won't. If they play together in the same team then one or neither will get the sufficient minutes in the ruck to make a case for being in the top 5. If they don't play together in the same team, then only one can obviously become a top 5 ruckman.
Maybe you are right but it's rare to have 2 young ruckmen with big potential developing in parallel in the same team. If they both kicked on they could halve the ruck duties, going really hard with their slightly reduced minutes for a number 1 ruck so really putting the opposition no 1 to the sword. At the same time the other of the pair would spend good minutes developing their forward play and keeping the bench freer for midfield rotations.

That's maybe an ideal senario but not out of possibility

I liked the way Grundy crashed through some opposition players on Thursday night, using his considerable size and aggression in a 'legal' way. Nice.
This new temperament - something to do with his haircut do you think?;)

This new temperament - something to do with his haircut do you think?;)

Trying to find the link there MG, but Grundy hasn't moved far from his early Shintaro style. Don't change the look, is my advice to the big lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to find the link there MG, but Grundy hasn't moved far from his early Shintaro style. Don't change the look, is my advice to the big lad.
I thought he'd had quite a bit cut off - no top knot

Is there really a change though? Or is he just a bit older, wiser and smarter?

Grundy showed that he has an aggressive side by tackling with intent and eagerly engaging in contests of strength with his opposite. The bump after he kicked the goal was fine with me however it could have easily resulted in a free kick at the restart as the Hawks player went to ground.

As long as he uses his physicality in the contest I'm happy with how he plays. When he lets his frustration out and gives away multiple free kicks providing the opposition more fuel to stoke the fire I realise just how young he is. A bloke his age,size and playing the role he is asked to play is bound to have a few brain fades on game day. Brodie just needs to learn from experience when and how to maximise any sort of intimidation tactics.

If Grundy can channel his aggression the right way he'll be an asset for this side. I think he may have got found out somewhat by his outbursts last pre-season when we played the Tigers and they got under his skin.

He's still a very young player so we need to be patient with his development as a ruckman but there's a lot to like about him! In my opinion he's the ruckman with the most upside in the whole competition and could be one of the best rucks in the league when he starts hitting his peak later on in his career.

I hope after an ordinary 2014 season he'll demonstrate what he's capable of again after a very promising latter part of 2013 when he was in good form and this was at a time when he hadn't even undergone a pre-season at this stage. I hope to see him in the seniors more often this year.

Was Really Good again Yesterday.

Did not give away any Frees and I think he got 2-3 Free Kicks himself.

Looked in Control and never got Frustrated.

Great to see Him back that up.

At the Moment he is our Number 1 Ruckman

Good to see he Kept his Cool last night. As he did get smashed but when that happened last year he lashed out. You did not see that last night:thumbsu:

Gave away no frees during NAB Challenge:thumbsu:

I'm happy for Grundy to give away frees if it means he's playing good football. Because currently he is not.

If Grundy was Josh Thomas people would be asking for his head

Good to see he Kept his Cool last night. As he did get smashed but when that happened last year he lashed out. You did not see that last night:thumbsu:

Gave away no frees during NAB Challenge:thumbsu:

Good point TD, and well spotted.

I'm happy for Grundy to give away frees if it means he's playing good football. Because currently he is not.

If Grundy was Josh Thomas people would be asking for his head

Grundy’s 1st Game and Half where really good. It was just the last game he had a Shocker and he hurt his Hip a week before

Remove this Banner Ad

Back