No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if what he says is true and the players took nothing illegal - publically releasing the spreadsheets would be helpful. As it would have been before 'players' had to endure 2 years of probing and ridicule. Dank is only serving to help himself.

EFC submitted spreadsheets to ASADA - one of these spreadsheets was titled thymomodulin...

S
I posted a while ago that I am already looking forward to 2016 - Too many compromises with the players preparation even if the Tribunal delivers a favorable outcome.

This is ludicrous.

When you hit the training track and get out on the field stuff like this has very little effect. Our performances over the past 2 years indicate this to be the case. Apart form the 6 week period when we were told we were missing finals there have been no examples of the saga impacting our performance.

Players still doing the same amount of work. We'll be raring to go Round 1.

Excuses like this are just bullshit and its a defeatist attitude. Wouldn't want any Essendon player thinking this way.

The simple fact is, Dank can rabbit on all he likes about the right forum, or the kangaroo court, or whatever he wants to term it.

One small problem, El Dankovich- the players are before that kangaroo court. It's that which will decide the players' fate. If he actually gave a s**t about helping them and he was so certain he held the ace in the pack that did...

Oh.

As you've pointed out, he refuses to simply say 'no'.

His answer is all too easy to interpret as 'yes, they were given TB4 but TB4 is not prohibited'.

Agree. it doesn't look good but he's apparently testified to the ACC he did not give TB4. He's also been burnt by the Age about it, 12 months after ASADA claim he forged TB4 invoices. Hence why he's reluctant to say anything these days.

You have to remember though he was sacked from Essendon. Most of the invoices and data should be at the club, not with him. He was pulled back into this 6 months after and was seen as the "rogue operator". His natural instinct would be to protect himself first.

Its been over 3 years since the program. He may have sourced stuff without the proper paperwork and can't provide anything more without getting himself into another world of hurt.

Another question that hasn't been answered is if we got our money back for the TB4 invoice, who payed for all our goods? Did we get freebies? And around and around we go.......

This is ludicrous.

When you hit the training track and get out on the field stuff like this has very little effect. Our performances over the past 2 years indicate this to be the case. Apart form the 6 week period when we were told we were missing finals there have been no examples of the saga impacting our performance.

Players still doing the same amount of work. We'll be raring to go Round 1.

Excuses like this are just bullshit and its a defeatist attitude. Wouldn't want any Essendon player thinking this way.

Its not ludicrous, its being practical - No NAB Challenge games for a start - Too many players in the modified group - I suspect we will play catch up all year.

Agree. it doesn't look good but he's apparently testified to the ACC he did not give TB4. He's also been burnt by the Age about it, 12 months after ASADA claim he forged TB4 invoices. Hence why he's reluctant to say anything these days.

You have to remember though he was sacked from Essendon. Most of the invoices and data should be at the club, not with him. He was pulled back into this 6 months after and was seen as the "rogue operator". His natural instinct would be to protect himself first.

Its been over 3 years since the program. He may have sourced stuff without the proper paperwork and can't provide anything more without getting himself into another world of hurt.

Another question that hasn't been answered is if we got our money back for the TB4 invoice, who payed for all our goods? Did we get freebies? And around and around we go.......

Kelvin

Riddle me the question

If players go down it will because of the testimony of Charter - Riddle me why Charter would get involved - After all, ASADA still has limited powers in terms of interviewing people - Alavi gave ASADA as little as possible, Dank refused to be interviewed, Hibberd from Sydney refused to answer questions ans so on - But yet Charter sang like a parrot - Why ? This is the crucial missing piece in the puzzle.

Kelvin

Riddle me the question

If players go down it will because of the testimony of Charter - Riddle me why Charter would get involved - After all, ASADA still has limited powers in terms of interviewing people - Alavi gave ASADA as little as possible, Dank refused to be interviewed, Hibberd from Sydney refused to answer questions ans so on - But yet Charter sang like a parrot - Why ? This is the crucial missing piece in the puzzle.

Dank will continue to deny eveything and anything as it is self incrimination and if he had firm evidence it would be out by now. There would be absolutely no doubt he had records and the fact they are now "gone" is bullsh@t.

I personally think something illegal went on or this simply wouldn't have dragged on for so long.

Whether it can be proven is another argument but logic suggests something stinks.

There are no records of what was given it's heresay coz if they did the club would no doubt have them all over the place clearing ourselves and ending this cr@p.

I just want it over one way or the other but I'm not naive enough to think we haven't covered something up. How bad that something is I don't know but the whole thing sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed that the Carlton supporter who posted the explosive llegations about player confessing has been quiet - Will put it on the record that this was the worst post in the history of the HTB - Posting private information in the middle of an anti-doping tribunal hearing.
Eh, it was an excerpt from the interim report taken out of context.

But yet Charter sang like a parrot - Why ? This is the crucial missing piece in the puzzle.
Because he was facing other charges and thought it would help. Note he suddenly ceased cooperating when it became apparent it wouldn't.

Eddie McGuire was just on the Today show and said that the AFL is seriously considering if it will continue to use ASADA.

The main reason why it uses ASADA is for an annual $3 million grant from the Government.

The cost of this debacle has gone way beyond the benefits to the AFL.

This is not to say that the AFL is pro drugs... very much not the case.

But the AFL wants to manage its own process. 3 years is way too long.

Its not ludicrous, its being practical - No NAB Challenge games for a start - Too many players in the modified group - I suspect we will play catch up all year.

The NAB challenge that we didnt even compete in last year? Unless you count the absolute piss weak attempt at playing we made last year as competing. Our focus was on training, and training hard. If there is a possibility it means we start a little slower and finish hard im happy with that. Lets be realists and assume we probably wouldnt beat Hawks and it would be tough (though knowing sydney early season, not impossible) to beat swans, so we are exactly where we are if we hadnt have been in this situation.

The modified group is fine, we have Jake ramping up his training and each of the players is spending time in there to manage their loads. We have Jobe in their last week, and he is fine. The worry was Hurley but that has been managed and he had already put in a large body of work. Who else is there? Kommer? not the biggest loss.

Im not saying we are obviously going to win the flag this year, but you have been banging on all pre season about how 2015 is ruined before its even begun. Wheres the enjoyment in that? Go in with an open mind, and see how we go.

Kelvin

Riddle me the question

Pretty simple and was answered at the time for why he stopped helping. He wasnt getting the protection he wanted. Dank has nothing to gain from getting inteviewed, Charter thought he did, simple. When it was evident he wasnt getting help on other charges he ceased all contact with them. Not the grand mystery you paint.

McGuire went on to mention widespread usage of caffeine and sleeping pill tablets in sport.

Not concerning imo

How much would Dank sue the AFL for in the real court ($20-30 million maybe?

Who are the players going to sue for loss of income?

Why didn't ASADA specifically state TB4 is a banned peptide? There is a long list of other banned peptides on the WADA list.

Why did ASADAs opening address to the tribunal immediately start mentioning other banned peptides (including the one sold to Carlton and others)?

Why did the opening address of the Bomber player defense immediately start questioning if TB4 is in fact banned?

Dank will continue to deny eveything and anything as it is self incrimination and if he had firm evidence it would be out by now. There would be absolutely no doubt he had records and the fact they are now "gone" is bullsh@t.

I personally think something illegal went on or this simply wouldn't have dragged on for so long.

Whether it can be proven is another argument but logic suggests something stinks.

There are no records of what was given it's heresay coz if they did the club would no doubt have them all over the place clearing ourselves and ending this cr@p.

I just want it over one way or the other but I'm not naive enough to think we haven't covered something up. How bad that something is I don't know but the whole thing sucks

Not pretty. But a pretty good summary :thumbsu:

I propose we start carding people that infer that Dank can come 'save us'.

The bloke is a quack. An absolute shonkster full of piss and wind.
Obviously Jade you do not believe in fairy tales. In particular Dank coming over the top.

I have no faith in Dank. He's proved himself as only looking after his own interests and could care less about our players.

I have no issue with those who believe Dank will come through for us. I hope they are not too disappointed when he doesn't

I'm with Jade, carding those who believe in Dank is like the Buffalo theory.
the buffalo theory
A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And, when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine!

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

It can only make us stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back