Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the first few pages of this thread. Almost no one (including myself) expected to see any of Turner for the first 2-3 years of his time on the list if at all. His first 12-18 months at the club has been truly remarkable. I can't believe that i didn't have him in my best 22 for this season when I made it a couple of months ago, his game on the weekend reminded me of all he has to offer. Could be anything in 3-4 year time.

I love the first few pages of this thread. Almost no one (including myself) expected to see any of Turner for the first 2-3 years of his time on the list if at all. His first 12-18 months at the club has been truly remarkable. I can't believe that i didn't have him in my best 22 for this season when I made it a couple of months ago, his game on the weekend reminded me of all he has to offer. Could be anything in 3-4 year time.
I would like to think I was one of the first on the Kayne Train.... (Self indulgent)

Not to blow me own trumpet, but my first post is starting to come to fruition! Glad everyone else is starting to take notice. I have never seen
a player like him in the time I've been watching footy. I'm young so it hasn't been long, I must admit. Arch comes close, but this kid is super smart. That is what sets him apart. And he has that extreme passion and desire. It's refreshing to see. Most players run around at half-rat power and dawdle around. You can't teach the intensity he has, it's in his genes, and has been moulded throughout his childhood. Add that to his smarts, and wowee, you have got a serious footballer.

The only problems you need to worry about is his worth ethic in training. Things will come easily to him, so he needs to keep pushing hard and improving. He has plenty of good role models at the club so that shouldn't be a worry.

Excited to see him improve throughout the year. I saw him playing off the wing a lot in the game on the weekend. I think he will be used as more of a shutdown player this year. That can be anywhere on the ground. Back, forward, or middle. If a bloke like Eddie Betts is getting off the chain, just send Turner to him. He will shut him out of the game almost every time. I wish we had more players like him! Brad Scott has
got a weapon at his disposal. Exciting times.

BaC_lhhCYAAZzCg.jpg:large

outrageous

I would like to think I was one of the first on the Kayne Train.... (Self indulgent)
I'm up for a bit of a personal backslap on this too. Amongst all my shambolic predictering, I did name him to debut during last year's pre-season....he says (also self indulgently) sliding into assistant engine driver seat alongside PhillyRoo.
Mind you if he ends up not making the grade (bloody unlikely), those posts in question will disappear into the intranet blackhole out northern Moonee Ponds way.

I'm up for a bit of a personal backslap on this too. Amongst all my shambolic predictering, I did name him to debut during last year's pre-season....he says (also self indulgently) sliding into assistant engine driver seat alongside PhillyRoo.
Mind you if he ends up not making the grade (bloody unlikely), those posts in question will disappear into the intranet blackhole out northern Moonee Ponds way.
All aboard

Not to blow me own trumpet, but my first post is starting to come to fruition! Glad everyone else is starting to take notice. I have never seen
a player like him in the time I've been watching footy. I'm young so it hasn't been long, I must admit. Arch comes close, but this kid is super smart. That is what sets him apart. And he has that extreme passion and desire. It's refreshing to see. Most players run around at half-rat power and dawdle around. You can't teach the intensity he has, it's in his genes, and has been moulded throughout his childhood. Add that to his smarts, and wowee, you have got a serious footballer.

The only problems you need to worry about is his worth ethic in training. Things will come easily to him, so he needs to keep pushing hard and improving. He has plenty of good role models at the club so that shouldn't be a worry.

Excited to see him improve throughout the year. I saw him playing off the wing a lot in the game on the weekend. I think he will be used as more of a shutdown player this year. That can be anywhere on the ground. Back, forward, or middle. If a bloke like Eddie Betts is getting off the chain, just send Turner to him. He will shut him out of the game almost every time. I wish we had more players like him! Brad Scott has
got a weapon at his disposal. Exciting times.
Agree but Archer was nineteen i think and he started his career slower and more inconsistent when he started like most players do when they start out... Sugar made an Impact from game one .... So i dont think Arch does come close to be honest..

Last edited:
I love the bloke (he is one of my favs) but does anyone else think that he struggles to kick over a jam jar? Very loopy kick, with little penetration.

I love the bloke (he is one of my favs) but does anyone else think that he struggles to kick over a jam jar? Very loopy kick, with little penetration.
Adam Simpson type kick, but just if not more footy smarts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dead set bad is the herald sun!!!
Page 66 today, LT taking a hanga over our boy Sugar. Caption reads: Roos Linsday Thomas and Kieran Harper train yesterday......
These wankstains will know who he is soon?!?!
They couldn't give a crap, even mcguire called harvey, robert, ffs, l get so over the ineptitude of the media, they never forget the names of all the squibs the Blues have.

How dead set bad is the herald sun!!!
Page 66 today, LT taking a hanga over our boy Sugar. Caption reads: Roos Linsday Thomas and Kieran Harper train yesterday......
These wankstains will know who he is soon?!?!

Yeah but they made up for it (in my eyes) by consistently referring to Jamie MacMillan as ...., north melbourne. Even after he kicked a nice goal, not one of commentators had any idea who he was.

it was funny.

Yeah but they made up for it (in my eyes) by consistently referring to Jamie MacMillan as ...., north melbourne. Even after he kicked a nice goal, not one of commentators had any idea who he was.

it was funny.
Yeah I lost it then as well!!!!

Apparently he's been trying to shadow Gibson. If that doesn't stem any concerns about his workrate and attitude then I don't know what will

I decided to bump this one Tas.....only because of the JUDD call. I was seeing who was on the train early mate, and who were sceptical.

Well, he isn't Judd-like, so what is your point?

That wld be the Simpson who played 300+ games over 15 or so seasons, cuppla Flags and was Capt for a bit

get a grip, Simmo had plenty of footy smarts
Never said he didn't, simmo and archer alongside Lachie are my favorite players. I was making the point that l believe Turner has a high level of footy smarts that could rival and maybe surpass even simmo. That is the reason why l primarily compared them both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back