Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously but you were saying no one took him due to them thinking he'd be around next year.

Truth is only two clubs knew about him and the other one didn't have a pick in the rookie draft so that worked out well for us.
Wow man, you must have some amazing contacts with the other clubs recruiting staff!!! I mean knowing exactly what all the clubs DIDNT know. The point I was making was, that due to his small sample of games other teams didn't think (in my opinion) he would get rookied. Turns out they were wrong, and we made a great call.

The printed article pre-draft that talked about us and the Dogs would have brought him to everyone's attention. But as it goes, everyone else had other picks to take before ours, which was a second rounder. Good luck to them. They can lick our Sugar Kayne and then get their arses kicked by him.

When ever I think of Turner, I always think of Joel Turner, then get that song stuck in my head. Nobodyyyyyy knowwwwwwwwwws

Going by the photo on nmfc website of the boys firing up the barbie.. sugar looks like he has put on some size alright. heading down ziebs path ie can cook a snag = boy can play!

Just watched the second half of the * Elim Final. Again. I know I'm addicted.

Another thing that stood out was Turner's composure, smarts and effort.

As an 18 year old I was scared of talking to a pretty girl but for Turner to play like he did in front of 150,000 screaming fans (I rounded up) says a lot about the lad. He also did some really clever things instead of blazing away.

A couple of his attempted tackles/smothers/hurries were team lifting efforts.

I predict he's going to tackle and knock out the 2nd year blues in the 2nd quarter against the Crows.

I'm angling to be the top poster in this thread by pure volume standards anyway...
Watching the semi from last year and Sugar's work in that first quarter is bloody unreal!!! His link up work, his pressure, his enthusiasm for the contest!!! When I get to the bit when he smothers Selduck near the end I'm concerned that I might wake up the kids with a loud SUGAR YOU BEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUTTTYYYYYY!!!

Btw he looked much bigger across the shoulders at training today then he did last year. Expect carnage to ensue wherever he may go!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus he is good. Thing is that he's EXACTLY where we need our improvement to come from. He'd be considered an 18 - 22 player in the side and if we have 18 - 22 players like that, you go a long way in finals.

Watched the Semi vs Geelong again this morning and he finished with 9 tackles, more than any other player on the field.

Today had 6, more than any other player on the field.

Will he get the #11 after Firrito?

I like him in #40.

Pure footballer....can't teach what this kid has.

Wish basti, Jacobs, McMillan and a host of other had it but they don't!
Harsh...!! Maybe just maybe Kayne will be remembered as a true great when he finishes, huge call I know but he has us all frothing at the mouth atm and he hasn't played 10 games yet !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back