Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers, Thy.

1. Judd - He's just still my favourite player to watch
2. Cripps - Of all the youngsters, I'm most excited to watch his development in the guts this year
3. Daisy - Mostly because we need him to fire

Nicholas Graham, think 32 is in for a big year, looks primed to step up this season, definitely should play 20 plus games.

Daisy is gonna make his critics eat their words, especially now that his ankles is in tip top shape.

Speaking of critics, Matthew Watson has copped more then his fair share of crap and innane abuse from galahs perched in the outer. Watto is my choice of fringe player I am nominating I am glad we retained. So happy Mick has managed to somehow harness Watto's inner 'Rocky Balboa' in the style of Burgess Meredith mentoring Sylvester Stallone !! If anyone at our club deserves a change of luck, its our Watto, and I'll be cheering extra hard for him this season :)

Even though he looks more Ivan Drago...

Very hard to keep it to just three, but I'll give it a go:

Levi Casboult: we've been waiting for years and had tantalizing samples of what could be. With his kicking finally sorted out I'd like to see a contested marking machine kicking 40+ goals for the season to emphatically answer the doubters who query where our goals will come from now that those goal-kicking monsters Garlett and Waite are gone. (With some help from the Menz...)

Dale Thomas: back to his absolute best can add a whole new dimension to our midfield. Please let it happen. Looking forward to the camera zooming in on McChin's face as Daisy racks up his 30th possession against the Pies.

Mark Whiley: the phrase "plays like a raging bull" still resonates with me (I read it somewhere back when we made the trade). I want people gasping "WTF! The Blues got this guy and Jaksch? How the **** did they swing that?!"

1. Liam Jones - Mick said this kid was explosive and played his best footy at the doggies when Barry Hall was the key figure, once Hendo is in the side with him im sure he'll reach his high levels of Contested Marking again.

2. Kade Simpson - I feel as if his name won't come up on this thread, so just showing some love, cause who doesn't love Simmo.

3. Andreas Everitt - Hopefully he's had a decent break and comes back and begins dominating

Oldie: Judd. The man is in beast mode and I'm looking forward to seeing him play now that he's rediscovered his love for the game.

Newbie: Clem. I was pleasantly surprised by the bits of the NAB game that I saw. He's lost a lot of fat and is speedier and more nimble than I thought. Plus I wanna see him kick some asses.

Fringe: Come on DylBucks. There's a spot in the team that's yours for the taking...

Oldie: Judd. Just love his work and how he can lift the whole team by breaking through the middle. (Would love to see us play well enough to get Murph, Judd, Daisy and Gibbs all in AA contention).
Newbie: KJ. Great signs last week and a tall rebounding defender to work with Rowe and Jamo would be awesome!
Fringe: Watson - can kick (a long way), can mark, has speed, has size - has been persistent, would love to see him kick bags and tackle defenders, to be an upgrade on Waite.

Tommy Bell is the man that is the closest to making it or breaking it. Is tracking the ball like a terminator at present, just needs to know what to do with it when he gets there and execute.
Can't help but agree. His ability to get hands on ball v. WC was great to watch... his ability to dispose... not so much. If he can learn to offload, he will smash it.

So,
Bell
Yazz - silky skills and speed. Half forward or half back, this will be his year.
Sheehan - excited to see whether he can establish himself as a best 22 player. Can't wait!

Chris Judd: fit and keen and still capable of winning another Brownlow.

Chris Yarran: entering his peak years will be AA this year.

Daisy Thomas: back to his best, which is in the best in the game.

Yarran - entering the years of his best football. Seems settled, mature and is now a senior player.
Hendo - if this has been his least interrupted pre-season then he can dominate. Just dont know if its defence or attack
Menzel - i expect him to have more impact for longer in games.

Touhy - Back to 2013 form - certainly looked that way on Friday - should spend more time through the middle
Byrne - If his can keep improving at his current trajectory, he will fill a drastic need for us
Sheehan - To take Touhy's spot in defense now that Touhy will spend a lot of time in the middle and forward

To be sure, to be sure

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps - no explanation required
Tutt - filling a big void left by eddie and jeppy leaving in consecutive years and I think he will go well
Kruezer - he will, I say he will get over his injuries and show just how valauable and loved he is.

Special mention to the hot watergirl, I am certain she is primed for another big year.

Touhy - Back to 2013 form - certainly looked that way on Friday - should spend more time through the middle
Byrne - If his can keep improving at his current trajectory, he will fill a drastic need for us
Sheehan - To take Touhy's spot in defense now that Touhy will spend a lot of time in the middle and forward

To be sure, to be sure
Sounds like you need to have a big st pats day.

1 - Gibbs
2014 finally saw Bryce discover the last missing piece to his arsenal - consistency. Will become the bona fide elite we always hoped he would be. Will tear opponents apart and win matches of his own boot.

2- Cripps
Excited to see his progression into becoming the monster to build our midfield around and lead our next generation. Will be critical to our midfield setups releasing players like Murph to run and gun in outside roles. My tip for NRS this year.

3 - Menzel
Menzel the Magician will explooooode in 2015! His moments of brilliance will have the Carlton faithful in raptures!

(Special mentions to Yazz, Juddy and Clem - would've made my top 6)

The rebirth of an oldie - Carrazzo. At his best is a clearance machine and someone who stands up in big games. Would be great for him to do that this year and help instil the fight within him into the younger players.

The emergence of a youngster - Graham. Love the way he goes about it and has a pretty smart footy brain on him. Would love to see him break into the team and become a link player in the team.

Persist with a certain fringe player - Warnock. Would be great to see him bring some consistency to his game in terms of possession, marks, hit outs and impact on the game. Recapturing some of the form he showed against the eagles in the finals a few years back would be a back plus for the team.

Oh, also excited about Gibbs, Menzel and Yarran stepping up another notch this year.... Murphy and Thomas recapturing some of their best form... plus the blooding of some youngsters like Cripps and Boeky.

Daisy Thomas - Ankle doesn't seem to be bothering him, hope he is back to his best.

Troy Menzel - Is a gun. 40+ goals this year and set begin his midfield training, though it will be a small % in middle this year.

Ciaran Sheehan - Bit of a man crush on this fella. Will be best 22 by years end regardless of who's injured. Agree with S_V, will take Tuohy's spot and Tuohy to play mid/fwd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back