2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The All Australian key forward will instantly join the AFL’s rich list on a five-year deal which will earn him more than $4 million.

Cameron rejected the overtures of a host of Melbourne clubs who were circling and an offer from the Adelaide Crows which was even bigger than the one he signed with GWS.

Wow, so how could we offer $1mill per season ? That doesn't fit into anything I have heard out of AFC ...

What does this mean for Dangerfield - surely we couldn't have fit in Danger + another $1 mill on the salary cap?

Ofcourse, but getting him to want to come here is the first hurdle, if he stated he wanted to come here and here alone (based on the contract) then a trade comes into it, and GWS are more hamstrung with what they could have demanded from us alone.
They wouldn't be that bothered by our draft picks.

If we can't do the deal, he goes in the draft and they pick him up again anyway.

There was only one way JC was getting to the Crows unfortunately. We put that offer in front of him because we have contract space and trade currency.

The good news is we are in the game. As I said in another thread, let's get in front of Hawkins.

Has anyone bothered to investigate the specifics of last years Bryce Gibbs deal. Apparently up until the 11th hour he was coming to the AFC. What changed his mind? Hmmm interesting.
The All Australian key forward will instantly join the AFL’s rich list on a five-year deal which will earn him more than $4 million.

Cameron rejected the overtures of a host of Melbourne clubs who were circling and an offer from the Adelaide Crows which was even bigger than the one he signed with GWS.

Wow, so how could we offer $1mill per season ? That doesn't fit into anything I have heard out of AFC ...

What does this mean for Dangerfield - surely we couldn't have fit in Danger + another $1 mill on the salary cap?
Noble is on record as saying he believes the salary cap will rise by up to 50% over the next 5 years. Could be a calculated gamble on a rising cap.
I don't read anything into Danger's situation from it other than we have plenty of room to move. #everybodyisfrontloaded

If we can't do the deal, he goes in the draft and they pick him up again anyway.

There was only one way JC was getting to the Crows unfortunately. We put that offer in front of him because we have contract space and trade currency.

The good news is we are in the game. As I said in another thread, let's get in front of Hawkins.
Agree, him or rance would be number one for me as a free agent targets, hawkins at 5 years for 850 or rance on 6 for 800, thats how id offer them up. Trying to trade for Aish is another one that ofcourse the crows should go for, no doubt.

Hawkins? He wouldn't be a missing piece in our puzzle would he?

Caro was on 5AA and Trigg is failing badly. Basically they are cash trapped, one of the contributing factors is how many people have left they have had to pay out.

They geared up for a membership push which they failed to man adequately hence memberships are down contributing to their cash flow issues.

Trigg had to go to the AFL for cash. Caro suggested that Trigg wasn't used to chasing memberships as he didn't have that issue at Adelaide. Pretty much what I said yesterday.

How we let this amateur run our club for so long is beyond me.

Rucci you suggested we wouldn't know what we had with Trigg until he was gone, good one Ferret Head.

Just shows you the potential of our club with a proper ceo in charge. If we can have an amateur like Trigg in charge and still keep our head above water aand stay strong, imagine the possibilities with someone in charge who has a clue.
We've stayed strong?

We've stayed strong?
We didn't have any years like Bulldogs, Saints, Port, Brisbane, Carlton, Eagles had.

I would think that over the Trigg years, our on field performance was about mid-level. Obv Cats, Swans, Hawks better. Dogs, Tigers worse.

Maybe "strong" is overstating a bit ! But we're still here and ready to go.

We didn't have any years like Bulldogs, Saints, Port, Brisbane, Carlton, Eagles had.

I would think that over the Trigg years, our on field performance was about mid-level. Obv Cats, Swans, Hawks better. Dogs, Tigers worse.

Maybe "strong" is overstating a bit ! But we're still here and ready to go.
Not going to rehash our poor years but given the resources at his disposal, he was a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't go for Hawkins or Cameron if I was us. If we have cash to spend, go for Rance / Aish. Having Talia as shutdown, Rance as rebounding/shutdown and Lever as rebound would create an absolute elite defense. We can back Jenkins and Tex in in the forward line. Aish would add that to that extra level of young talent coming through.

I wouldn't go for Hawkins or Cameron if I was us. If we have cash to spend, go for Rance / Aish. Having Talia as shutdown, Rance as rebounding/shutdown and Lever as rebound would create an absolute elite defense. We can back Jenkins and Tex in in the forward line. Aish would add that to that extra level of young talent coming through.
I know we all fawn over Aish but what about Steven instead? Rance and Steven are both FAs

Interesting thinking.

I'll throw in another. Essendon is forced to delist players who are suspended due to doping sanctions. Also, players have choice of becoming free agents due to lack of duty of care.

... So we chase the likes of Carlisle, heppell, etc.

We are blessed with Fages.

I was wondering on the Carlton board and they are unhappy with the club not engaging with the supporter base.
Geez, couldn't see that happening ;)

How long before they are called agitators?

Interesting thinking.

I'll throw in another. Essendon is forced to delist players who are suspended due to doping sanctions. Also, players have choice of becoming free agents due to lack of duty of care.

Doubt Essendon will be forced to delist players. They don't have their contracts torn up for taking banned substances, they are simply banned and can remain on the list. What I do think though is that we should make big offers to these sort of players when they are banned. But really, throw money anywhere if it will bring you closer to a premiership.

I know we all fawn over Aish but what about Steven instead? Rance and Steven are both FAs

Haven't really seen enough of Steven to comment. How much would he cost? Who would he replace?

Interesting thinking.

This is actually a good point. I have no idea what the AFL will do here but I hope they get delisted. Otherwise surely there'd be some who leave the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back