No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that not performance enhancement?

Every man and his dog would want to recover faster, so they can train more. Its actually why a lot of steroids are used to improve recover allowed for longer more intense training (greater frequency and more load).

Should Gatorade be considered? What about ice baths? What about pain relief jabs?

There is so much grey in this thing it's ridiculous.

Whilst I may take the piss occasionally I'm conducting a poll. How many people here wish we could just fast forward three weeks and know the decision? If it goes against us significantly will you walk away?
I would like to find out, but it is a little daunting thinking of the possible outcome. Either way I'll remain a member and go to games this year. But if the outcome is bad, I worry for our short to medium term future.

Whats the point of having an S0 if you cant enforce it? seems ridiculous. So i highly doubt it.
I didn't say they can't enforce S0, just that perhaps they weren't confident in enforcing it, as it had never been tested in court to that point, and there were suggestions that Dank might be able to exploit grey areas in the use the 'compounding chemist' loophole to argue that AOD was approved by a government regulatory health authority - I don't buy the argument myself, but some do - and therefore not subject to S0.

Even if you don't enforce it, there is also value in having a clause such as S0 for deterrent purposes, although obviously that deterrent value drops if you publicly walk away from enforcing it when you're expected to.

IMO it could only be in regards to the advice they provided on AOD and you would think thats why Jobe came out rogue with the comment 'I believe i was administered AOD'
This comes back to the letter (supposedly from ASADA I think) that everyone was focused on at one point, supposedly in someone's safe, that effectively exonerated the players for using AOD by demonstrating the bad advice and / or approval from ASADA. The letter never surfaced.

WADA claimed AOD is / was banned but ASADA have never satisfactorily explained why they walked away from prosecuting for it - all ASADA said was that it would be 'unfair' to prosecute for it - which makes me think that ASADA must have some incompetence to cover up. So I haven't seen evidence of the bad advice, but I suspect there's some substance to the idea.

Should Gatorade be considered? What about ice baths? What about pain relief jabs?

There is so much grey in this thing it's ridiculous.

Ice baths arent consumed.

Gatorades been approved and sits on the woolies shelf

Although i guess yeh it is a grey area.

Im a little sitting on the fence in regards to Jobe and his brownlow. I can see both sides.

Ah, Damo.

Your writing is bad and you should feel bad.

I've exhausted every abusive adjective in the book describing that man and feel no call to do it again. I've washed my mouth out with soap too many times.

He is the epitome of someone gnashing their teeth because gnashing teeth creates a story and stories and angles must be created 24/7. He is the epitome of everything wrong with the bloated industry that is the football media.

When they run out of teats to suck dry, they go out and build their own one to continue the feeding.

Let's have a raffle. Guess the page this thread will be on when judgement (initial at least) is passed.
My guess is 2000, our last prem. Hopeful I know, and hopefully a good omen...

Nothing to do with TB4. He has admitted to being administered a banned substance hasnt he?

Its not a great look when he comes out and says 'I believe ive been administered AOD' and its actually a banned substance.

I certainly havnt kept on top of all this so im probably missing something.
what the actual *?

You think he should hand back his brownlow because he took a substance that he was assured was legal when he took it, and for which the governing body will take no action on because they agree he couldn't have known it was banned? And which, despite the propaganda, was in all likelihood not actually banned when he took it?!

Are you out of your mind?

That's not to even take into account the reason WHY Watson admitted it - because the AFL and ASADA strung the players up for 18 months when they KNEW there was no case to answer on AOD, so Jobe was just forcing their hand.

Dear me. I am far from the rosiest glass wearing supporter, but the idea that this kind of rubbish thinking has infiltrated even die-hard Essendon supporters is at once astounding and profoundly depressing

I don't know why but while all the other campainers make me mad when they spew this s**t (Even KB and he's an idiot), every time I see the white crayon have a crack it just makes me laugh. I can not take Barret seriously.
I'm the opposite. KB is just a pretends-to-be-senile troll. I bet he doesn't even believe most of what he says.

Damo does, and takes himself super serious.

what the actual ****?

You think he should hand back his brownlow because he took a substance that he was assured was legal when he took it, and for which the governing body will take no action on because they agree he couldn't have known it was banned? And which, despite the propaganda, was in all likelihood not actually banned when he took it?!

Are you out of your mind?

That's not to even take into account the reason WHY Watson admitted it - because the AFL and ASADA strung the players up for 18 months when they KNEW there was no case to answer on AOD, so Jobe was just forcing their hand.

Dear me. I am far from the rosiest glass wearing supporter, but the idea that this kind of rubbish thinking has infiltrated even die-hard Essendon supporters is at once astounding and profoundly depressing
Who assured him it was legal?

Im sort of playing devils advocate to a degree however as i said not far above, i sort of sit on the fence in regards to his brownlow - i see both sides.

Its hard when someone says he took a banned substance, he should be stripped of his brownlow.

I think that the misguided information should relieve the players of being banned, whether or not it should mean they should keep player awards like this im not sure.

It either was banned when he took it or it wasnt? do we still not actually not that yet? Why did AOD even ever come up as a debate if it wasnt banned? was it just media dribble?

Whilst I may take the piss occasionally I'm conducting a poll. How many people here wish we could just fast forward three weeks and know the decision? If it goes against us significantly will you walk away?

Firstly I would like to express my intense and infinite dislike of Damian Barrett.

As for walking away from the the club, I don't see how a supporter could. How do you turn off your passion for the club? Footy people still turn out year after year for perpetually mediocre sides like MFC, RFC, StKFC, WB and CFC FFS!!! A couple of rough years should only serve to strengthen the resolve of EFC people and perhaps shake a few loose from the bandwagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"In playing in this match, they will have moved on.
Now, there's something that Hird and Little, as well as the Essendon people they've managed to brainwash for two years already, might want to attempt at some stage. Not for themselves, for they clearly don't feel they need to, but for the sake of everyone else in football."

Yes Hird and Essendon need to move on, just like you have ey damo? writing an all together worthless article about something where there is no movement expected for weeks. Why not write about the many debutants that are playing their first games for their clubs, or the AFL making an effort to try and help out the supporters by lowering food costs. Even something remotely different from the utter tripe you have written for the past 3 years, and possibly your whole life.

I dont think Essendon people need to move on as much as the absolute bottom feeders that keep rehashing the same s**t ervey time they put pen to paper.

“The garbage out of Essendon continues to come out and once again they’ve back flipped saying these four guys want to play,” said Denham

No Greg the only garbage is you.

Goddard is a clown for talking premiership: Denham
Greg Denham has criticised Brendon Goddard for even daring to mention the prospect of Essendon winning a premiership this season as the ongoing supplement saga comes to a close.

In an interview with the Herald Sun the vice-captain said ‘when we come out of this and we win a Grand Final, they will make a movie and write books about us’.

“He has not got a clue Brendon Goddard,” said Denham on SEN radio.

“I guess if you’ve been on the gravy train coming up to your third year there you’re not going to buck the system.

“But, talking about premierships is ridiculous.”

The former Saint also gave his full support to coach James Hird and said the whole playing group are keen to play for him this season.

Denham believes it was silly of the 29-year-old to talk about winning a premiership with the club facing such challenging times and with its future still very much clouded.

“We’re talking about a club who has played one finals match in ten years and you’ve got a clown on an exorbitant amount of money who’s going to come out and give us that,” he proclaimed.

“He’s a clown for coming out and giving supporters false hope with stupid comments about how far they can go this year.”

On another note, Goddard and any other teammates not on the list in 2012 have been banned by the AFL from taking part in 'competitive training drills' against VFL club Williamstown on Friday night.

Football operations manager Mark Evans made it clear in a statement that if the players were capable of participating in such an activity then they ought to be playing against St Kilda in Morwell on Saturday.

I hope BJ reads this and gives you a massive clip you ******* nob jockey.

Last edited:

Im sort of playing devils advocate to a degree however as i said not far above, i sort of sit on the fence in regards to his brownlow - i see both sides.

Its hard when someone says he took a banned substance, he should be stripped of his brownlow.

I think that the misguided information should relieve the players of being banned, whether or not it should mean they should keep player awards like this im not sure.

It either was banned when he took it or it wasnt? do we still not actually not that yet? Why did AOD even ever come up as a debate if it wasnt banned? was it just media dribble?
none of that is relevant. What is relevant is that stripping of something like the brownlow should only be considered in the most extraordinary of circumstances.

The idea that he should lose that award based on perception of something, when he hasn't been found guilty of anything, and the body tasked with prosecuting that same offence decline to do so, is so ridiculous I find it hard to comprehend.

How many people here wish we could just fast forward three weeks and know the decision? If it goes against us significantly will you walk away?

Fast forward three weeks?? Meh. If we all had of known the length of time that this epic was going to take two years ago, I think that would have influenced your second question. I think with 47K members signing up already, probably shows the level of commitment that our supporters in general are showing whilst sticking fat. if they had of know this was a two year journey, then they might not have signed up in as many numbers.

I'm actually looking forward on seeing how the club handles these next weeks with top up players, Mark Harvey and Hirdy... in a "the sky is always darkest before the dawn" type scenario. Fast forwarding now might mean we miss out on seeing the one percenters of the club, the reappearance of a delisted player or one of our own kids growing in the battles with men.

I have similar feelings in regards to/if penalties being handed down. EFC have already sustained and beaten salary cap breaches and interim report sanctions in my lifetime following the game. One more discretion will sure make me mad, but it won't change on who I support.

none of that is relevant. What is relevant is that stripping of something like the brownlow should only be considered in the most extraordinary of circumstances.

The idea that he should lose that award based on perception of something, when he hasn't been found guilty of anything, and the body tasked with prosecuting that same offence decline to do so, is so ridiculous I find it hard to comprehend.

Ha, surely an extraordinary circumstance cant get any more extraordinary than whether a substance that was taken was banned or not at the time.

Did he have an advantage over the rest of the comp?

Perhaps AOD was ASADAs original case until they discovered that one of their own said that it was ok to use.

Bit of a contradiction for some to lynch EFC for allegedly administering potentially life threatening substances to its players (as though they actually care about the players) and then wanting to kick the players heads in as well.... Maximum possible penalty.

“The garbage out of Essendon continues to come out and once again they’ve back flipped saying these four guys want to play,” said Denham

No Greg the only garbage is you.

I hope BJ reads this and gives you a massive clip you ******* nob jockey.
Is there any chance Denham repeats this to Goddard's face?

******* oxygen thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back