List Mgmt. Round 1, 2015 Full strength team

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day all... I have been following the BigFooty Brisbane threads for a few years and thought I'd make my first post a prediction for the round 1 team:

Gardiner - Merrett - Adcock
C Beams - Clarke - Rich
D Beams - Aish - Christensen
Zorko - McStay - Taylor
Green - Close - Dawson
Martin - Rockliff - Redden

Bench: Bewick, Robinson, Leuenberger, McGrath (sub)
Emergency: Mayes, Paparone, Staker

Quality first post, Yoshi. Looks pretty close to the mark, I'd say.

I'd say McGrath is ahead of Dawson at this stage, but it is hard to say what the round 1 makeup would be. I'd still like to think that Mayes will make an appearance ahead of any first years but that is probably just my wishful thinking...

G'day all... I have been following the BigFooty Brisbane threads for a few years and thought I'd make my first post a prediction for the round 1 team:

Gardiner - Merrett - Adcock
C Beams - Clarke - Rich
D Beams - Aish - Christensen
Zorko - McStay - Taylor
Green - Close - Dawson
Martin - Rockliff - Redden

Bench: Bewick, Robinson, Leuenberger, McGrath (sub)
Emergency: Mayes, Paparone, Staker

With the way Leppa's been talking Lester up this preseason, I'd be surprised to see him miss the first round team.

Can't see Dawson making his debut either. McGrath far more likely, but even he's down the pecking order.

Expect Adcock to play up the ground (preferably on the wing) and switch with Rich from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my crack:

C. Beams Clarke Gardiner
Lester Merrett Rich
Bewick Redden Adcock
Martin Rockliff D. Beams
Zorko Close Christensen
Green Leuenberger McStay
Taylor Paperone Aish (Robinson)

EMG: Maguire, Golby, Mayes

Geez it's going to be difficult to fit Mayes and Hanley into this side. I think Robinson is solid depth and unlikely to command a regular best 22 spot, but he could be really impactful as a sub. Paperone, Close, McStay and Lester have done enough to play round 1 but they'll have to keep up some decent form to hold their places. Everyone else basically picks themselves.

I would imagine that in Leppa's mind the team has probably been chosen for over a week now. The weather might change his thinking a little in terms of who is sub and emergencies but he seems a fairly decisive guy so it is hard to see him still debating too many spots since the GC game.

For what it's worth, I think Robinson will start to provide a bit of toughness and hardness. Mayes seems a bit out of sorts and out of favour, but not convinced he will miss out. I really don't think Leppa will debut Dawson or McGrath yet, but both will get a game or two this season.

I think we will field our strongest team (sans Hanley) for a long long time. there will be no excuses for a poor showing, regardless of whether we win the game.

With the way Leppa's been talking Lester up this preseason, I'd be surprised to see him miss the first round team.

Can't see Dawson making his debut either. McGrath far more likely, but even he's down the pecking order.

Expect Adcock to play up the ground (preferably on the wing) and switch with Rich from time to time.
In reality, I reckon you will probably be on the money bato. I guess my team was predominantly prediction but also part wishful thinking as both the young guys looks very promising so far and personally, I would be happy for them to be given a run... even this early.

I do think Adcock would be better kept in defence as his experience and his tackling ability down back will be critical. Also, although I think he is talented, Lester's disposals need to be much cleaner before he is in the best 22 for me.

If both Dawson and McGrath don't make it for round 1, I reckon it would be Paparone joining Lester in the team.

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but during the off season I've been lurking around the main board BEST 22 thread over the off season and posted my thoughts on Best 22's for the 18 clubs. I've finalized my 22 for Brisbane which does include Pearce Hanley even though he is due back mid season. Have a look and share your thoughts.

FULL BACKS: Jed Adcock ~ Daniel Merrett ~ Darcy Gardiner
HALF BACKS: Claye Beams ~ Justin Clarke ~ Daniel Rich

MIDFIELDERS:
James Aish ~ Dayne Beams ~ Pearce Hanley
FOLLOWERS: Stefan Martin ~ Jack Redden ~ Tom Rockliff

HALF FORWARDS: Mitch Robinson ~ Daniel McStay ~ Allen Christensen
FULL FORWARDS: Dayne Zorko ~ Michael Close ~ Josh Green

INTERCHANGE:
Matthew Leuenberger ~ Lewis Taylor ~ Ryan Lester
SUB: Sam Mayes/ Rohan Bewick

• Robinson's worked his way into my starting 18 (from best 22) over the pre season. Seems to be the player that Brisbane are looking to for defensive tackling pressure and aggression inside 50 to lock the ball in for the mosquito fleet.
  • Bewick/ Mayes are the players likely to get the wing vacated by Hanley until he returns. As for which player is in the final 22 it is a real line ball call. Both bringa lot to the team.

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but during the off season I've been lurking around the main board BEST 22 thread over the off season and posted my thoughts on Best 22's for the 18 clubs. I've finalized my 22 for Brisbane which does include Pearce Hanley even though he is due back mid season. Have a look and share your thoughts.

FULL BACKS: Jed Adcock ~ Daniel Merrett ~ Darcy Gardiner
HALF BACKS: Claye Beams ~ Justin Clarke ~ Daniel Rich

MIDFIELDERS:
James Aish ~ Dayne Beams ~ Pearce Hanley
FOLLOWERS: Stefan Martin ~ Jack Redden ~ Tom Rockliff

HALF FORWARDS: Mitch Robinson ~ Daniel McStay ~ Allen Christensen
FULL FORWARDS: Dayne Zorko ~ Michael Close ~ Josh Green

INTERCHANGE:
Matthew Leuenberger ~ Lewis Taylor ~ Ryan Lester
SUB: Sam Mayes/ Rohan Bewick

• Robinson's worked his way into my starting 18 (from best 22) over the pre season. Seems to be the player that Brisbane are looking to for defensive tackling pressure and aggression inside 50 to lock the ball in for the mosquito fleet.
  • Bewick/ Mayes are the players likely to get the wing vacated by Hanley until he returns. As for which player is in the final 22 it is a real line ball call. Both bringa lot to the team.

Nice work on the best 22. It is crazy to think Bewick has been one of the best performers for us this NAB challenge, but he'd be first out for Hanley returning. True depth which is nice!

I would be surprised if Bewick and Paparone arent in the side, because if we are going to play fast (which may not happen this week due to weather) we need their defensive run to cover the turnover.

Only got a quick squizz but was interesting to see Daniel McStay named as CHB on the footy show. Good to see Mayes back in the forward line

Only got a quick squizz but was interesting to see Daniel McStay named as CHB on the footy show. Good to see Mayes back in the forward line
I think these teams have historically been guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back