Discussion Round 1, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

While the Suns wore their home strip last year, they wore the white strip away to Melbourne in 2013. So who knows really.

286884.jpg
look at all the people in the stands!! must of been a sell out

good pickup
Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
Essendon_Clash1_zpse1a5fd57.png

or
Fremantle_Clash_zpsc8800d92.png
Essendon_Home_zpsc4e96d0c.png

will be the 2 options for 2015

option 2 could be a repeat west coast v richmond 2014

Being a West Coast man, I don't particularly like Freo, but no club should have to revisit that alternative. ******* ridiculous to even consider it to be honest.

If Purple is considered a 'dark' colour in the AFL, then the away team (in that instance Essondon) should be in their clash strip. No ifs or buts about it. If they are going to invent a need for clash jumpers, ******* use them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a West Coast man, I don't particularly like Freo, but no club should have to revisit that alternative. ******* ridiculous to even consider it to be honest.

If Purple is considered a 'dark' colour in the AFL, then the away team (in that instance Essondon) should be in their clash strip. No ifs or buts about it. If they are going to invent a need for clash jumpers, ******* use them.
yeh i know option A should be used but the AFL could do option b like last year

not as bad but thought i would share

239673.jpg

255624.jpg

289909.jpg

2014:
339567.jpg

2015:
Richmond_Home_zps197d5ca1.png
WestCoast_Away2_zps433f2466.png

what a match up this would be!!! :hearts::hearts::hearts:
WestCoast_Away3_zpsb2819812.png
Richmond%20Clash.png
that 2011 one was celebrating their first premiership (or something) they also wore it against North that year.
better?
Essendon_Special3_zps084e6454.png

this solves all future issues and cant clash with anyone except the umpires
League+Rd+24+Brisbane+v+Melbourne+3QmrJk8qiZOx.jpg

victory made the odd colour change, why cant essendon?
because soccer uses arbitrary colours all the time.
the AFL does not just whack random colours on for the lols

better?
Essendon_Special3_zps084e6454.png

this solves all future issues and cant clash with anyone except the umpires
League+Rd+24+Brisbane+v+Melbourne+3QmrJk8qiZOx.jpg

victory made the odd colour change, why cant essendon?
Man, we can't even get Essendon to invert their sash, do you really think they'd throw their colours away? Even for just one match?

New season and the same old s**t about what clubs should be wearing in individual matches.

If the AFL can't get this issue right, is it any surprise that they can't do anything else effectively? How hard can it be to lay down guidelines that are applied equally across the whole freakin comp in every fixture?

The fact we run a tipping comp on this in the first place makes a mockery of the system.

It should be stone cold obvious every week.

I really don't think the Essendon clash jumper is very effective, especially not in wide shots. It looks too dark
I was at the Freo vs Essendon game last year and I found it much easier to watch than the year before. Having said that, it could be because last year I watched Freo win convincingly compared to watching Essendon come from 6 goals down to win like they did in 2013.

that 2011 one was celebrating their first premiership (or something) they also wore it against North that year.

because soccer uses arbitrary colours all the time.
the AFL does not just whack random colours on for the lols

so true look at the EPL third kits
Man, we can't even get Essendon to invert their sash, do you really think they'd throw their colours away? Even for just one match?
good point, an invert would fix everything, or a white clash with a red sash. Clash jumper wise they have set the bar pretty low
Essendon-Clash-2007.gif

Essendon-Clash-2009.gif

Essendon-Heritage-2014.gif

honestly wtf where they thinking???

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back