Podcast Demons podcast - Not a Dee's board one coz we're too slack

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I started the thread but I don't think I'll be able to provide much, sorry. I'm doing a post-grad uni course this year and the workload takes up most of my time. I'd be really interested to listen if some other people got it off the ground though.

Hello Dees Supporters

With the upcoming Pink Lady round for breast cancer research between the Dees and Dogs, I would like to know if you lot would consider doing a shared podcast for the occasion. This might be the kick off it needs to get one up and running on the Dees forum

We usually do one a fortnight however given the occasion, it might be worthwhile as a special podcast event

Casts typically run for 30-40 minutes & we record on Thursday night (around 8:30pm so we have the team announcements), via skype and I usually do the editing and mixing

Agenda

- review of both teams last round results - dogs v bombers & dees v crows
- VFL team progress - Footscray Bulldogs & Casey Demons
- Team lineup for the game - ins/outs for both Dogs/Dees
- Thoughts on the game, where it will be won/lost
- guest tips

This is our version of the podcast FYI http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/western-bulldogs-bigfooty-2014-podcast.1055227/

I'd prefer to balance out the mix where possible - have 2 dogs podcasters and 2 dees podcasters if that can be attainable for this special event

What we would need to make it worthwhile will be

- A poster who keeps you all updated on the progress of the Casey Demons to give a few minutes update
- Someone who can remain objective in discussion about this weeks match up from the Dees point of view

Post here if you would like to join for this event, which we could run again in the future should you guys get a regular podcast up and running. (its not hard to do - just find the time)

Regards
Mike

Hello Dees Supporters

With the upcoming Pink Lady round for breast cancer research between the Dees and Dogs, I would like to know if you lot would consider doing a shared podcast for the occasion. This might be the kick off it needs to get one up and running on the Dees forum

We usually do one a fortnight however given the occasion, it might be worthwhile as a special podcast event

Casts typically run for 30-40 minutes & we record on Thursday night (around 8:30pm so we have the team announcements), via skype and I usually do the editing and mixing

Agenda

- review of both teams last round results - dogs v bombers & dees v crows
- VFL team progress - Footscray Bulldogs & Casey Demons
- Team lineup for the game - ins/outs for both Dogs/Dees
- Thoughts on the game, where it will be won/lost
- guest tips

This is our version of the podcast FYI http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/western-bulldogs-bigfooty-2014-podcast.1055227/

I'd prefer to balance out the mix where possible - have 2 dogs podcasters and 2 dees podcasters if that can be attainable for this special event

What we would need to make it worthwhile will be

- A poster who keeps you all updated on the progress of the Casey Demons to give a few minutes update
- Someone who can remain objective in discussion about this weeks match up from the Dees point of view

Post here if you would like to join for this event, which we could run again in the future should you guys get a regular podcast up and running. (its not hard to do - just find the time)

Regards
Mike

Would be keen but I don't watch Casey so would just be regurgitating whatever people say in our thread.

Would be keen but I don't watch Casey so would just be regurgitating whatever people say in our thread.

you could always read up before hand ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you still need a volunteer I'll get on board.

Send me your skype name and I'll add you in tonight. Looking to kick things off around 8:20pm

If you anyone else I know Higgs Boson has done a couple before.

Np, we're good now mate. We have the numbers and our very own BRG93 has done a special BigFooty graphic for the mp4 version of the podcast, which I will post here when available.

AFL ROUND 8 PINK LADY BIGFOOTY PODCAST

Hosted by Mike__, guests include

VitalDread
NathanMJ_WB54
schmuttt
Dory_77

We talk about the week gone by & review last round matches , hear about the Footscray and Casey Demons VFL sides' progress and preview this weekend's game between the Demons & Bulldogs

Credits
Editing by Mike__
Graphics by BRG93

Note: apologies with the sound: Skype was playing up last night and incoming voice streams sound "tinny"

Last edited:
Podcast of all Melbourne supporters talking about footy. Worried it might have a bit of a Jonestown feel to it honestly.

its not difficult to do & schmuttt sounds like a natural when it comes to the topic. I think you guys should get your own going and support schmuttt in getting a Dees podcast off the ground

The process is quite simple:

*** Technology ***

Equipment
- PC/MAC
- Microphone/headphones

Software
- Skype (Free)
- FreeSoundRecorder (Free) - records all sounds coming out of your pc
- Audacity (free) - audio editing software
- Windows movie maker - youtube video as needed, also free

Good luck this weekend.. May the best pink poncho win...

Hey Guys, I found this thread. I thought you guys might be interested in a Dees weekly podcast my friend and I have created. We are looking for passionate Dees supporters to be a part of it and build it from the ground up. We have lined up a few ex-players to guest host (one from the 2000 Grand final side).
If you are interested you can like our FB page here and msg us with any ideas or suggestions. Our website is www.deespodcast.com
Cheers

Hey guys, we have released our first Demons podcast for the season. Here is the link MFCpodcast

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

This is our Facebook and twitter

Cheers

Congrats on the first ep, my only problem with it is that it wasn't long enough! Audio production is excellent and you guys have a great chemistry together. sounds like myself and my Dees supporting mates dissecting another Dees loss at the bar after the game - it's the banter and comedy that makes it all worthwhile!

Unlike the Dees, you guys have started very strongly and I'm very hopeful for the season ahead. Keep it up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back