Review Round 5, 2015: Gold Coast Suns vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were the five best performing players vs. Brisbane?

• H. Schade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. May

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • K. Kolodjashnij

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • A. Saad

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • S. Tape

• T. McKenzie

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • J. Harbrow

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • S. Lemmens

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • M. Shaw

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • D. Prestia

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • B. Matera

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A. Sexton

• J. Martin

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • T. Lynch

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • C. Dixon

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • H. Bennell

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • T. Nicholls

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • M. Rischitelli

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • T. Miller

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • J. Lonergan

• J. Garlett

• J. Glenn

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is difficult to pick all changes this week due to Jack Martin possibly being unavailable due to ankle issues and whether Smith/Nicholls both play.

However my sure bets are Raines, Schade, Broughton and Hallahan. As an outsider I will nominate Lonergan.

If we only win 1 game this season, I really want it to be this one.

I couldn't handle being bottom of the ladder as the only winless team after this round.

if the suns show as much commitment as they did v the cats they should smash the bears. if they turn up and drop their heads by by season.

We have a better spine than Brisbane. But on paper we should be absolutely destroyed in the midfield (Matt Leuenberger / Stefan Martin are better in the ruck, and their midfield is in a much better place injury-wise - if the Lions lose in the midfield, that'd be a major indictment on Brisbane). The most noteworthy tall they have is Merrett, but I have no idea if he is playing in this game.

This will probably be a dirty, ugly game. I am prepared to see turn-overs galore and whoever wins will be the team that capitalises on the other team's mistakes the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing Raines in for the Lions clash would be a great idea he knows the players well and would be able to shut down Rockliff if needed.

Raines will be better off targeting one of rich or d beams. Rockliff won't have the impact he normally has and beams and rich are more damaging. I wouldn't mind seeing Rainesy play cause I really like watching him shut down players. Hard to call this game as both teams have big outs.

Raines will be better off targeting one of rich or d beams. Rockliff won't have the impact he normally has and beams and rich are more damaging. I wouldn't mind seeing Rainesy play cause I really like watching him shut down players. Hard to call this game as both teams have big outs.
Yeah true. Rocket said in his presser that he'll reward players in the NEAFL that are playing good so Raines deserves to come in.

bums on seats. its amazing how the supports can influence a team. if there is enough support for the suns they will win. if you just sit on your hands and sigh every time there is an error, it wont help. If your yelling support and cheering for even the little things, that will help with the moral of the players. All is not lost to the season.
the home loss to stspooners was only that in the second quarter. we won the other quarters. Just the accuracy with the set shots was off. and the fourth quarter you could see the senior boy lifted which also lifted the young guys.

the cats game was the same thing, could have won that one but,???????

so just get out to the game, come to bay147, and lets help the SUNS win the freeken game and get the monkey of our back and turn the year around.

a win v the bears will then give us a lookin at the crows and eagles then the colliwobblers

Back