On the Couch - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he'd lower himself.

He never seemed much of an analyst to me - he thinks he is Woodward and Bernstein rolled into one. Fatprick would be funny for the controversy factor

Jonathan Brown must spend all his free time watching games of footy, because his knowledge of the competition is first rate. Particularly for a recently retired player. Very impressive.

I think this show is the best of the Monday night review programs. Why? Because they talk about the FOOTY!!

Maybe because everything is so positive about the bulldogs at the moment but loved On the Couch this week. Fast paced, informative and entertaining.......amazing contrast with Footy Classified which was a sad little affair focusing on negatives for two thirds of the show.

Jonathan Brown must spend all his free time watching games of footy, because his knowledge of the competition is first rate. Particularly for a recently retired player. Very impressive.

I think this show is the best of the Monday night review programs. Why? Because they talk about the FOOTY!!

Doesn't seem like the type of fella that would go into something half assed.

Its a nice change for a former footballer in the media to actually do his research properly.

Anyone know if the podcast for On the couch is working this season? I havent been able to get a working link or download any episodes.
It hasn't worked for a couple of seasons has it?

WHAT THE **** IS HE LOOKING AT 90% OF THE TIME! !
Autocue maybe? Or stats on the autocue. There is no way they remember half of what they have to say, stats or what's coming next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm that's no good. There are other options however

Brown is a ripper. Been terrific on TV this year and I told him so in the Virgin lounge at Gold Coast airport yesterday. We ended up having a 10-min chat about footy. I felt like I was imposing, but he invited me to sit with him so I did. Ripping bloke. Knows his footy too.

Brown is a ripper. Been terrific on TV this year and I told him so in the Virgin lounge at Gold Coast airport yesterday. We ended up having a 10-min chat about footy. I felt like I was imposing, but he invited me to sit with him so I did. Ripping bloke. Knows his footy too.
Makes you wonder if he wouldn't be more use coaching. That'd be the question I'd ask him if I had the chance.

Makes you wonder if he wouldn't be more use coaching. That'd be the question I'd ask him if I had the chance.
He'd have the respect of the players. seems to have a good footy brain too.

First time I've been disappointed in Dunstall's commentary on On the Couch. Get Hodge's balls out of your mouth Jason and you might talk some sense.

First time I've been disappointed in Dunstall's commentary on On the Couch. Get Hodge's balls out of your mouth Jason and you might talk some sense.

People aren't allowed an honest opinion these days? You should know Dunstall well enough by now that he doesn't stick up for players because they play for his club ..... like a lot of other commentators.

People aren't allowed an honest opinion these days? You should know Dunstall well enough by now that he doesn't stick up for players because they play for his club ..... like a lot of other commentators.
That's exactly what he doing on this occasion which was a bit disappointing. As I said he's been really good up until now.

Coaching would be a hell of a lot more work for less/not that much more money. As a guy with a young family it makes perfect sense to stick with the media for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back