Preview Adelaide v Port Adelaide - 4.10 Sunday 3rd May @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I don't mind what you are saying, I believe that Walsh was at Port in 05/06. I believe he left Port after 2008 when Choco went Gaga.

Yes, camries always forget Walsh was 2ic in 2007.

They played at etihad last week. Isnt that supposed to take it out of teams??

We also have an extra days break on them.

I think we will match them in the last, unless the game is already over and we have packed it up.

Then again, it is a showdown. ......
I wouldn't think their effort on Etihad last week would cause them too much stress in terms of recovery.

Whilst I don't mind what you are saying, I believe that Walsh was at Port in 05/06. I believe he left Port after 2008 when Choco went Gaga.

My mistake, you're correct. I was on my phone when I typed that :)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tr...wn-against-crows/story-fndv8s6g-1227325413223
Travis Boak says Port Adelaide’s running is still the key as the Power prepares for Showdown against Crows
PORT Adelaide captain Travis Boak is confident the Power still has an edge in its running heading into this week’s Showdown against the Crows despite being mowed down and just hanging on for a win against premier Hawthorn last weekend.

The Power’s first major task ahead of coach Ken Hinkley and then-assistant Alan Richardson when they took over in late 2012 was to make the team better runners.
The club has since had two pre-season camps in Dubai to sharpen its fitness into a key weapon.
"We’ve certainly got a bit more to improve on,’’ Boak said. ``Over the first four rounds we’ve played some real quality sides and we’ve learnt so much.
"Especially over the first couple of weeks, I think we learnt what it does take to beat the best sides in the competition and we get another challenge this week.
More ......
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tr...wn-against-crows/story-fndv8s6g-1227325413223

I'm really looking forward to Nathan Krakouer getting a shot at Eddie Betts.... In saying that though, I dare say he'll share time on him with Jonas.

Krakouer obviously goes with Betts laterally and has the smarts with experience that Impey does not yet have.

Always makes me nervous when Betts is near the footy.

I've got a feeling that the Lobbe/Ryder vs Jacobs battle is going to set the tone of the game.

I wouldn't think their effort on Etihad last week would cause them too much stress in terms of recovery.
Yep, the Crows expended as much energy last Sunday as they would in a light training run.
They'll treat this Showdown as their Grand Final and it will be a typically tough clash.

The Port players have the advantage in that they've played 4 games with Showdown/finals type intensity rarely seen in the early rounds of an AFL season. That should hold them in good stead.
I can't see the PAFC players being complacent against their cross-town rival now coached by someone they had trusted as a 'comrade in arms' on their mutual journey for premiership success. I'm pretty sure our players will want to perform to the best of their ability to show Walsh their success wasn't and isn't dependent on him but mostly they'll perform for themselves, their families and their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we need to be up by 6-7 goals at 3/4 time to win this one. They'll be going in hard and trying to run us off our feet. Hopefully we dont see a fade out this week

Adelaide is no Hawthorn with elite ball skills. If they try to run us off our feet they'll tire as well and their skills will be even more shocking then they normally are.

Lin Jong > Josh Jenkins (with 3).

Fun fact: In 2014, permanent second ruck Josh Jenkins averaged only 0.3 more hitouts than occasional third man up Ollie Wines. And 0.5 less than Jordan Lewis.

Hawthorn beat WB by 70 and then WB beat Adelaide by 57. We beat Hawthorn by 8.

I can do the maths.

We'll win by 135.

That's how it works, right?

Hope so, we comfortably beat collingwood, who beat essendon, who beat Hawks and they got within 2 goals of you guys when playing away.

Anyway, I think we're in for a long day. Our clearances, while numerous, are a shambles. We're back to hacking it forward and getting torched going back the other way. It makes us look incredibly slow across the park. Maybe with the emotion we can go with you for a bit, but honestly, if we don't find space out of the stoppages, we're in big trouble and that's against mid table type teams. Depressing just thinking about it TBH.

Hope so, we comfortably beat collingwood, who beat essendon, who beat Hawks and they got within 2 goals of you guys when playing away.

Anyway, I think we're in for a long day. Our clearances, while numerous, are a shambles. We're back to hacking it forward and getting torched going back the other way. It makes us look incredibly slow across the park. Maybe with the emotion we can go with you for a bit, but honestly, if we don't find space out of the stoppages, we're in big trouble and that's against mid table type teams. Depressing just thinking about it TBH.

I'm not very confident about this game as some of my fellow club supporters. Adelaide have proven to be a scary good team when on so hopefully we bring our A game to have a real contest. I'm especially vary of Walsh's inside knowledge of our players and he could potentially expose some of their weaknesses. I am hoping I'm wrong but it's still a thought at the back of my head

Fun fact: In 2014, permanent second ruck Josh Jenkins averaged only 0.3 more hitouts than occasional third man up Ollie Wines. And 0.5 less than Jordan Lewis.

Fun fact 2: And also kicked 40 goals. Shows how 'permanent' he rucked. Barely left the forward line.

Should be another cracker showdown. Hard to pick. So won't even try. It never goes as most think anyway. Cheers lads.

Adelaide is no Hawthorn with elite ball skills. If they try to run us off our feet they'll tire as well and their skills will be even more shocking then they normally are.

Don't think this would be our game plan at all, not against you mob. Think we'll try and lock down, stop you playing your running game. Think both sides have excellent fitness, should be a cracker as usual.

Well, if I take Hawthorn and WB out of the equation and put in North Melbourne, my flawless mathematical logic comes up with a 69 point win to your mob.

So it could be a 135 point win to Port or a 69 point win to Adelaide or something in between.

With that sort of logic and searing insight, I could be well on the way to replacing Rucci at the Advertiser.

Our recent record in away Showdowns is nothing short of disgraceful (2 wins from 11 games since the '04 flag), hope that will not be a factor come Sunday.
We have an 8-10 record in away showdowns and a 12-6 record in home showdowns.

And of course 0-1 in finals.

I cant see us losing this??

The Crows have no defense apart from the cheating Talia. Shulz is on fire, Talia has a job to contain him. Westy, Ryder, Lobbe popping up. Who will contain that shamozzle?

Ruck? Ryder and Lobbe will smash Jacobs.

Midfield? Paddy and Sloane against our guns...............Then you have our defence. Bobby, Jackson, Hombshe are not slack arses.

Robbie Gray less...........we are a gun team. Yes???

I guess the only real problem is that with Wines and Moore out we might find it difficult to compete with the size of Thompson, Sloane, Dangerfield in the clearances. If they get a run on it could be hard for us to stop with those outs. It might be worth giving Ah Chee a full game depending on how confident the coaches are that he is ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back