Autopsy Rd 8 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Yarran get angrier every week is like watching someone rev the f**k out of a Ferrari with the handbrake on.
Currently the only player who guarantees good disposal. He gets it I breathe out. He'll actually hit a chest with the pass. But he's one of a handful who put in and the rest look like they're wading through treacle.

I thought Tutt was busy. Great effort by Curnow. Loved to see Wood ragdoll Selwood.Menzel was opportunistic which is his job.

Not much else to take out of tonight. Daisy a liability.
Tutt is looking good, he just needs to sharpen up his vision and kicking and he could be a good solid footballer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain to me why we let the best small forward in the game (Betts) go bring in a bloke for 200,000 more and is a way worse forward (Daisy)

This decision has been a shocker!!!!!

Also been saying it all year why does Mick keep wasting Yarran in backlines get him on a wing ffs

Can somebody, anybody, please explain to me the decision making process in putting Warnock into tHe side in place of Carrazzo?? Seriously. WTF? How does this happen ... Where is the logic?

There was some better efforts, the sad part is we lack in too many areas. We burn ourselves way too often to be competitive.

I've been very critical of Curnow and his disposal but he showed more heart then any carlton player for a while and for that I admit that I was wrong, maybe he does deserve to be in the long term plan... He did everything possible and I feel bad saying anything bad about him!!

This is why Ed Curnow is one of my favourites (evident in the avatar).

His skill and kicking can be questioned, but he is severely underestimated when it comes to running his guts out.
If you are praising Buckley and Simpson for having heart, why not Curnow?

He keeps his cool and does not let anger get the better of him.

He is the only player at the moment who deserves another contract. We need somebody like him to lead the team along with Bell, Docherty, Cripps and Buckley. His age might say otherwise, but there was a reason why he spoke up to the team last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back