Game Day AFL Round 8 - Collingwood vs Gold Coast Matchday Discussion (Metricon - 4.35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Cloke ever kicked a bag before? I can only recall 5 or so, maybe once in ten years he kicked 7 at most. 3 sounds right from Dave.

Has Cloke ever kicked a bag before? I can only recall 5 or so, maybe once in ten years he kicked 7 at most. 3 sounds right from Dave.

Just compiled a few from memory (had to check the rounds and years because it's a bit of a blur now) But one of these were losing games, so they can be easy to forget. There might even be another loss we had to Hawthorn where he still got a bag, but I wasn't able to find it.

Round 4 (Richmond), 2014 - 7
Round 18 (GWS), 2012 - 6
Round 23 (Essendon), 2012 - 6
Qual Final (Hawthorn), 2012 - 6
Round 14 (Sydney), 2011 - 6

I'm hoping for a big game from Billy Elliott tonight. He isn't having a great season yet with 11 goals from 7 games. He had an interrupted pre season but we need him to do more from now on.

Cloke will have at least 10 shots on goal. Who knows how many of those will be goals however.

So... he'll kick 2.5? With 3 out on the full. Seems a pretty safe bet.

Pies by 21

He'll be playing on a kid with under 10 to his name, he will get at least 7 shots on goal and will kick ( he may even get a free kick this week)

He won't get any. Sprocket eade made sure if that by having a whinge to the media. Whinge, whinge, farken, whinge.

Cloke has to kick a minimum of 5 goals or at least completely dominate today. Just for the sake of his confidence.

I'd really love to see him pick up someone a fling them into the grandstand. Do they have a grandstand up there?

Pies by 88.

I'm hoping for a big game from Billy Elliott tonight. He isn't having a great season yet with 11 goals from 7 games. He had an interrupted pre season but we need him to do more from now on.

I've been thinking that recently too.. has not been great but has generally escaped criticism. Chips in for around 10 touches and 1 or 2 goals, but we need more.

I've been thinking that recently too.. has not been great but has generally escaped criticism. Chips in for around 10 touches and 1 or 2 goals, but we need more.
Yep, take the 4 goals out he kicked vs the Saints and he's sitting on 7 goals in the other 6 games.

It may be part of our dysfunctional forward line set up though, Elliott isn't really getting any crumbing opportunities it seems, although that's an area of his game that has never been a strength.

I think also that opposition clubs are now putting more time into Elliott, placing their best medium defender on him.

He will fight through it though, will come out the other side a better player for sure.

It's a beautiful day up here, looking forward to what should be a strong win by the Pies.

I'm pumped for a big one, hopefully the boys are too!

Go pies! To win by 4 goals...
My kids second cousin will be playing on white, hopefully white can produce, but young jack has always been full on since he was out of diapers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Porbbaly the most confident ive felt in 3 years
I don't know about that, I feel confident every time we play Carlton.:):drunk:

But yeah we should win this one, that back line of there's is weak as, they have 2 very inexperienced players to put on Cloke and White.

All we need to do is win our fair share of the ball against a pretty good contested ball winning midfield and we win easily.

I can see why people feel uneasy but I'm confident. Nothing I've seen from Gold Coast this year troubles me. Admittedly I felt the same last week but I can't be wrong twice in a row.

Cloke to kick 6. White and Billy 3 each.

I just want another full game from De Goey. Even if he gets the red vest I won't mind.

I still feel VERY uneasy about this game. I hope my unease is proven to be ridiculous.:(

Same here. It'll either be a blowout our way, or it will go down to the wire. We desperately need this win.

and Been poor in the last 2 games

I don't know about that, I feel confident every time we play Carlton.:):drunk:
But yeah we should win this one, that back line of there's is weak as, they have 2 very inexperienced players to put on Cloke and White.
All we need to do is win our fair share of the ball against a pretty good contested ball winning midfield and we win easily.

Sounds familiar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back